Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Okay, spoke to my friend this evening. Lots of good stuff. – The recent run on commits is enabling the staff to circle back and revisit some other recruitments that most think/thought are lost. N

Hello everyone. I just popped in to say hello. Since my crazy ass haven't been in here in almost Coons age due to alot of personal issues family related I've been having to go through and having to wo

Saw Herman speak today at a luncheon at the Headliners club here in Austin.  He did say that we would make room for 1 more OL commit in 2020 and that those of us who follow recruiting would know who h

Posted Images

Got bored and looked at the 247 state of Texas rankings today. Seems like DL,DB, and WR will be deep again. Looks like OL will be deeper than the 2019 class in state. Not much at LB, but looks like 2 guys that play QB in high school will be LBs in college (Jackson from Duncanville and Michael Henderson from Carrollton). Long way to go though for this class. 

 

Also @Slimer, I hope Texas offers Alec Bryant and James Sylvester soon. ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Slimer said:

Sylvester is visiting aggy this weekend and EJ put in an aggy pick today.  Still early, but this kid's a stud and we need to get involved here.

Bryant is visiting OU this weekend.

I'm biased to Sylvester, because he's from East Texas. Ever since White this past year, I worry about when we offer. Even this far out. Lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, HORNfromETX said:

I'm biased to Sylvester, because he's from East Texas. Ever since White this past year, I worry about when we offer. Even this far out. Lol

This is a post from another site:

Newton is my hometown, my parents still live there. My dad runs the athletic booster club, so he gets good access to the program. He told me that every time he talks recruiting with Sylvester, he gushes about Herman and says stuff like “my momma wants me to go to Texas” with a big smile on his face. Take that for what it’s worth. As an aside, I’ve never seen this many kids from Newton get recruited by D1 programs at once. It’s pretty cool for a town that seems to be dying a slow death.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Slimer said:

This is a post from another site:

Newton is my hometown, my parents still live there. My dad runs the athletic booster club, so he gets good access to the program. He told me that every time he talks recruiting with Sylvester, he gushes about Herman and says stuff like “my momma wants me to go to Texas” with a big smile on his face. Take that for what it’s worth. As an aside, I’ve never seen this many kids from Newton get recruited by D1 programs at once. It’s pretty cool for a town that seems to be dying a slow death.

Also I hate beating a dead horse here, but Giles isn't the best on the trail. So I feel like it would help him by getting on some kids early. Just seems like we played from behind on a lot of guys this past year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HORNfromETX said:

Also I hate beating a dead horse here, but Giles isn't the best on the trail. So I feel like it would help him by getting on some kids early. Just seems like we played from behind on a lot of guys this past year.

Texas not offering a kid doesn’t always fall on the position coach. A lot of kids are often told to be patient as the evaluation process plays out. Sylvester probably falls in that category. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, okiehorn said:

Per TFB Malik Hornsby is trending away from Texas. Said the horns are all in on Rojo in 2019 and Hornsby is shying away from competition. How I took it anyway. If this is the case then I’m happy he is moving on. 1st, I’m pumped about RoJo and 2nd UT needs a QB room that is competitive! Good things comin 

I agree. Kinda worrisome if he shies away from competition. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • 2021 Texas Football Schedule

    Week
    Opponent
    W/L
    9/4
    Louisiana
    9/11
    @Arkansas
    9/18
    Rice
    9/25
    Texas Tech
    10/2
    @TCU
    10/9
    Oklahoma
    10/16
    Oklahoma State
    10/30
    @Baylor
    11/6
    @Iowa State
    11/13
    Kansas
    11/20
    @West Virginia
    11/27
    Kansas State

Our Affiliation

USATDP_Logo.png

Quick Links

×
×
  • Create New...