Daniel Seahorn

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

5 hours ago, TexExSpur said:

I've got friends in low places....where the thunder rolls.

Great. Now I can’t get Friends in Low Places out of my head. 

I guess I was wrong. I just don’t belong...

Got bored and looked at the 247 state of Texas rankings today. Seems like DL,DB, and WR will be deep again. Looks like OL will be deeper than the 2019 class in state. Not much at LB, but looks like 2 guys that play QB in high school will be LBs in college (Jackson from Duncanville and Michael Henderson from Carrollton). Long way to go though for this class. 

Also @Slimer, I hope Texas offers Alec Bryant and James Sylvester soon. ;)

22 hours ago, HORNfromETX said:

Also @Slimer, I hope Texas offers Alec Bryant and James Sylvester soon. ;)

Sylvester is visiting aggy this weekend and EJ put in an aggy pick today.  Still early, but this kid's a stud and we need to get involved here.

Bryant is visiting OU this weekend.

1 hour ago, Slimer said:

Sylvester is visiting aggy this weekend and EJ put in an aggy pick today.  Still early, but this kid's a stud and we need to get involved here.

Bryant is visiting OU this weekend.

I'm biased to Sylvester, because he's from East Texas. Ever since White this past year, I worry about when we offer. Even this far out. Lol

18 minutes ago, HORNfromETX said:

I'm biased to Sylvester, because he's from East Texas. Ever since White this past year, I worry about when we offer. Even this far out. Lol

This is a post from another site:

Newton is my hometown, my parents still live there. My dad runs the athletic booster club, so he gets good access to the program. He told me that every time he talks recruiting with Sylvester, he gushes about Herman and says stuff like “my momma wants me to go to Texas” with a big smile on his face. Take that for what it’s worth. As an aside, I’ve never seen this many kids from Newton get recruited by D1 programs at once. It’s pretty cool for a town that seems to be dying a slow death.

24 minutes ago, Slimer said:

This is a post from another site:

Newton is my hometown, my parents still live there. My dad runs the athletic booster club, so he gets good access to the program. He told me that every time he talks recruiting with Sylvester, he gushes about Herman and says stuff like “my momma wants me to go to Texas” with a big smile on his face. Take that for what it’s worth. As an aside, I’ve never seen this many kids from Newton get recruited by D1 programs at once. It’s pretty cool for a town that seems to be dying a slow death.

Also I hate beating a dead horse here, but Giles isn't the best on the trail. So I feel like it would help him by getting on some kids early. Just seems like we played from behind on a lot of guys this past year.

1 hour ago, HORNfromETX said:

Also I hate beating a dead horse here, but Giles isn't the best on the trail. So I feel like it would help him by getting on some kids early. Just seems like we played from behind on a lot of guys this past year.

Texas not offering a kid doesn’t always fall on the position coach. A lot of kids are often told to be patient as the evaluation process plays out. Sylvester probably falls in that category. 

10 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Texas not offering a kid doesn’t always fall on the position coach. A lot of kids are often told to be patient as the evaluation process plays out. Sylvester probably falls in that category. 

I agree, sadly some get butt hurt.

38 minutes ago, El Luchador said:

Any news on Bryson Washington?

He made it in, was tweeting about him and Jaylon Jones.  Was supposed to go to OU yesterday but I don't think he made it.

He's the #1 Safety for me this class.

Per TFB Malik Hornsby is trending away from Texas. Said the horns are all in on Rojo in 2019 and Hornsby is shying away from competition. How I took it anyway. If this is the case then I’m happy he is moving on. 1st, I’m pumped about RoJo and 2nd UT needs a QB room that is competitive! Good things comin 

2 minutes ago, okiehorn said:

Per TFB Malik Hornsby is trending away from Texas. Said the horns are all in on Rojo in 2019 and Hornsby is shying away from competition. How I took it anyway. If this is the case then I’m happy he is moving on. 1st, I’m pumped about RoJo and 2nd UT needs a QB room that is competitive! Good things comin 

I agree. Kinda worrisome if he shies away from competition.