Jump to content

Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

HornSports Staff

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

Recommended Posts

Aggy is negative recruiting like crazy our 3 man front on defense to guys like Umanmielen and Collins.  I mean, it's pretty much all they can do at this point, telling these guys they can play DE.  Pretty sure Brown will be on the interior this year and so will Leal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Slimer said:

Aggy is negative recruiting like crazy our 3 man front on defense to guys like Umanmielen and Collins.  I mean, it's pretty much all they can do at this point, telling these guys they can play DE.  Pretty sure Brown will be on the interior this year and so will Leal.

At some point, recruits have to realize that recruiting advice from aggy equates to computer techs attacking your plumbing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hear the Kele Ringo thing might not be over. The romance has blossomed. Relunctant to take trip elsewhere, but feels he has to. Knows UT is where he wants to go. We'll see if a trip to another campus changes anything. He's a 5-star, so he'll get the red carpet wherever he visits.

Not real confident on the Omeire thing right now. We need more time.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, TB14 said:

I know I'm jumping ahead but I'm excited to see the Spring Game visitor lists. With so many schools having their game on the same day it will be really telling which recruits attend which game.

Well Alfred Collins told IT he's visiting the aggy spring game.  This would be absolutely pathetic if we lose this kid to aggy after the season we had and all the connections to the program.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Slimer said:

Well Alfred Collins told IT he's visiting the aggy spring game.  This would be absolutely pathetic if we lose this kid to aggy after the season we had and all the connections to the program.

I'd rather have Collins than Umanmielen but as long as we get Broughton, Dorbah and one of those guys I'll be happy. That would be elite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, TB14 said:

I know I'm jumping ahead but I'm excited to see the Spring Game visitor lists. With so many schools having their game on the same day it will be really telling which recruits attend which game.

Going to be interesting for sure. Not sure I’ve seen anything like that with the regional schools. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Slimer said:

Well Alfred Collins told IT he's visiting the aggy spring game.  This would be absolutely pathetic if we lose this kid to aggy after the season we had and all the connections to the program.

While he’s visiting A&M on that day, it should be noted that he has probably visited Texas more than any other school by a good margin. He may not be the slam dunk most thought he would be, but I’d still peg Texas as the favorite. The staff knows they can’t take him for granted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2019 at 10:14 AM, TB14 said:

I know I'm jumping ahead but I'm excited to see the Spring Game visitor lists. With so many schools having their game on the same day it will be really telling which recruits attend which game.

I’m going to jump farther ahead. I’ll be excited to see how many of our current recruits are playing in next years spring game or recently signed and checking out their new team.  

After we win the Big 12 and compete in the playoffs next year the spring game visitor list will be epic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BON interview with Zachary Evans

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2019/3/20/18274271/zachary-evans-recruit-running-back-damieon-george-texas-lsu

Per Evans he and George are a package deal, no ifs, ands or buts. But if you read what Evans says about schools interested in George and what George says about his highest interest schools they don't match.

Regardless, Evans definitively says he will follow George wherever he goes.

“I’m just rocking with Damieon. I’m going wherever Damieon goes,” Evans said. “That’s blood. It’s already there. There ain’t no ifs, ands, or buts. Ain’t no last minute changes.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the opening

Omeire - 6'3.5/217 lbs. 4.69 forty with a 4.37 shuttle.

Alford - 6'/182 lbs. 4.55 forty with a 4.50 shuttle.

Collins - 6'5/247 lbs. 5.00 forty with a 4.44 shuttle.

Broughton - 6'5/286 lbs. 5.03 forty with a 4.75 shuttle.

George - 6'6.5/348 lbs. 6.00 forty with a 5.33 shuttle.

Lindberg - 6'6.5/327 lbs. 5.03 shuttle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Baron said:

BON interview with Zachary Evans

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2019/3/20/18274271/zachary-evans-recruit-running-back-damieon-george-texas-lsu

Per Evans he and George are a package deal, no ifs, ands or buts. But if you read what Evans says about schools interested in George and what George says about his highest interest schools they don't match.

Regardless, Evans definitively says he will follow George wherever he goes.

“I’m just rocking with Damieon. I’m going wherever Damieon goes,” Evans said. “That’s blood. It’s already there. There ain’t no ifs, ands, or buts. Ain’t no last minute changes.”

The article said that UT, LSU, and Alabama has a big lead over any other schools. Evans said UT, LSU are on his list. However, he hadn't talk to Alabama much. Right now it looks like UT and LSU.

The good news from reports is that UT is leading with Evans and George is high on UT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

Texas signee Jordan Whittington has makings of future star

Photo of Nick Moyle
Nick Moyle Feb. 21, 2019
940x940.jpg
Jordan Whittington comes to Texas after a dynamic performance in helping Cuero win a state championship.
Photo: Edward A. Ornelas/San Antonio Express-News

AUSTIN — Travis Reeve saw it before anyone else did.

There was a glint in Jordan Whittington's eyes, prisms through which to view the fire churning within. Cuero's do-it-all star had accomplished just about everything he set out do during a four-year ascension into one of the nation's most coveted football prospects.

He had just one item r

 

 
 
 
 

 

 
 

 

Cuero's portion of the 12,784 spectators spread inside AT&T Stadium roared when Whittington lined up as wildcat quarterback and weaved his way 20 yards for the game-sealing touchdown with 2:54 remaining.

Whittington was named the offensive and defensive MVP following Cuero's 40-28 win.

 

The performance has already been etched in Texas football lore. Those who were there discuss that day with wide-eyed wonderment, eager to describe the Herculean efforts of a teenager who wouldn't be denied.

"That's what sets Jordan apart from most other players," Reeve said. "Not only is he good enough to be able to play both ways and play them at an elite level but he's willing to do that as well. He was just going to do whatever was necessary for us to win."

Texas coach Tom Herman won't ask Whittington to play in all three phases, though he undoubtedly would if called upon to do so. After all, he did earn all-state honors as a wide receiver, defensive back, kick returner and all-purpose player.

The five-star recruit enrolled in January and will start his college career training in the running back room. He can line up in the backfield or the slot, and Herman envisions him doing a bit of everything à la wideout Lil'Jordan Humphrey, who declared for the 2019 NFL draft following his junior season.

 

Whittington has sticky hands and a physical nature. At 6-foot-1, 205 pounds, he already owns a sturdy base for strength and conditioning coach Yancy McKnight to stack muscle upon.

"Extremely versatile," Herman said. "Plays wide receiver, safety, kick returner, wildcat quarterback. The possibilities are endless when it comes to him and his usage on our football team."

 

Reeve sensed Whittington was extraordinary almost immediately. It was clear in the way he conducted himself, even as an immensely talented junior high standout.

Whittington was confident, not cocksure. He worked like a third-stringer scrapping for a few snaps, not one of the state's elite. He absorbed plays and lessons like a sponge and strove to increase his intake of knowledge, a football nerd in the purest sense.

"I knew he was going to be a special player first time we got to work with him in junior high. he's a great athlete but he's also really smart," Reeve said. "He was the leader of his class.

"As time went on, watching him work and how hard he worked in the offseason, he was just the perfect combination of talent and work ethic and intelligence and leadership. Guys like the don't come around all the time. He maximized his potential."

 

Even when a groin injury sidelined Whittington for four games last season, he aided Cuero in other ways. Imparting his knowledge on others. Leading rowdy chants on the sidelines. Strategizing and looking for holes to exploit mid-game.

"He was a guy that wanted to get back in it," Reeve said. "He was frustrated that he couldn't play. But at the same time, he worked to help his teammates help them prepare for the games. He knew what was going on with the game plan."

Nothing is assured at the next level, even among those who left behind legendary high school legacies. Whittington, the No. 2 athlete in the Class of 2019 per 247Sports, could float from position to position without ever settling in as the fabled force he was at Cuero.

But nothing about Whittington's past suggests he'll rest on his laurels at Texas.

 

Herman envisions him as a key part of a future which includes national championship aspirations. Those who already know Whittington believe what went down in Arlington two months ago was just the beginning.

"He's a guy that's exceptionally talented but he works like he's of average talent," Reeve said.

"His championship game performance ranks up there with the best of all time. But that was something we had the privilege of being able to watch each and every day and practice at throughout the season."

That privilege now belongs to Texas.

 

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/texas-sports-nation/college/article/Texas-signee-Jordan-Whittington-has-makings-of-13634623.php

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

From the opening

Omeire - 6'3.5/217 lbs. 4.69 forty with a 4.37 shuttle.

Alford - 6'/182 lbs. 4.55 forty with a 4.50 shuttle.

Collins - 6'5/247 lbs. 5.00 forty with a 4.44 shuttle.

Broughton - 6'5/286 lbs. 5.03 forty with a 4.75 shuttle.

George - 6'6.5/348 lbs. 6.00 forty with a 5.33 shuttle.

Lindberg - 6'6.5/327 lbs. 5.03 shuttle.

George’s numbers are not very flattering. Red flag for his athleticism. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, primal defense said:

The article said that UT, LSU, and Alabama has a big lead over any other schools. Evans said UT, LSU are on his list. However, he hadn't talk to Alabama much. Right now it looks like UT and LSU.

The good news from reports is that UT is leading with Evans and George is high on UT.

Alabama probably leads for George and he may visit there again for the Spring game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...


Franchise Quest



×
×
  • Create New...