Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

He didn’t last long. Wow I wonder how his love for us faded so quick. 

Who are are some of the other slots we are looking at? If not a great one available I’d really love Ty Jordan to have a shot at it. I love his film and think he’s under rated despite his size. 

58 minutes ago, TexExSpur said:

The Mookie news is a little odd.  There's plenty of slot recievers out there.

Sure there are but Mookie is a stud, no down playing this. Almost any replacement in 2020 isn’t as good as Mookie. This is a loss for us, hope we keep recruiting him 

3 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Texas will likely keep recruiting Mookie, but I’m not going to get anyone’s hopes up on him coming back.  It’s an odd turn in a recruitment that had been pretty straight forward to date. 

He's been a lean for over a year and was the one telling Marcus Washington to get down and visit Texas.  This is odd all the way around.  Illinois is a garbage program that isn't winning more than 4 games this year.  His loss.

7 minutes ago, TheContractor said:

Sure there are but Mookie is a stud, no down playing this. Almost any replacement in 2020 isn’t as good as Mookie. This is a loss for us, hope we keep recruiting him 

Luckily we seem to be in a real good spot for JoJo Earle in 2021 class.  Dynamite slot guy from Aledo.  But don't think we'll find another Mookie for this class.

50 minutes ago, Slimer said:

Luckily we seem to be in a real good spot for JoJo Earle in 2021 class.  Dynamite slot guy from Aledo.  But don't think we'll find another Mookie for this class.

Agree in 2021 Earle is a very good replacement. Hoping we can still get back in with Mookie some point this year. It can’t be Illinois bc regardless of their coaching contracts, they could have a bad year and all be fired 

1 hour ago, Slimer said:

He's been a lean for over a year and was the one telling Marcus Washington to get down and visit Texas.  This is odd all the way around.  Illinois is a garbage program that isn't winning more than 4 games this year.  His loss.

1 hour ago, Slimer said:

Maybe he wasn’t Big 12 good?

1 hour ago, Slimer said:

I checked and he has two 4 star high school teammates that has committed to Illinois. I guess it's a three musketeers thing. 

4 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Texas will likely keep recruiting Mookie, but I’m not going to get anyone’s hopes up on him coming back.  It’s an odd turn in a recruitment that had been pretty straight forward to date. 

JMO

Many people think that $ speak louder than wins.

34 minutes ago, RickyFlair said:

Don’t be surprised if he comes full circle and ends up in Austin. That flip was an impulse decision 

I wouldn't be too sure. One of his high school teammates is a 5 star QB that is going to Illinois. I hope he flips, but playing and catching passes from his friend and probably getting early playing than he would at UT may be to attractive.

Lovie Smith, Illinois land five-star quarterback in 2019 recruiting class

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/lovie-smith-illinois-land-five-star-quarterback-in-2019-recruiting-class/