Daniel Seahorn

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

Top Landing Spots for Zachary Evans, CFB's No. 1 RB Recruit for 2020

Texas Longhorns

1 OF 5

4bca3b2ac9bf2bb82a498d90477c6445_crop_ex
Peter G. Aiken/Getty Images

According to 247Sports' Crystal Ball Projections, the Texas Longhorns are the way-too-early front-runners to land the Houston resident. That's not surprising when you consider all of the factors we've discussed.

Obviously, a chance to play in-state and help with the Longhorns' rebuild is an enticing opportunity for any young player. Texas is coming off its first 10-win season since going 13-1 in 2009, and that's in large part thanks to head coach Tom Herman, now in his third year.

Herman was able to help the Longhorns land the third-best recruiting class in 2019. There were a bunch of big names in that class, but not a true standout at running back. That's great news if Evans wants to play in Austin, because it'll open the door for opportunities to start sooner instead of later. 

Some talented running backs have gone on to have NFL success out of UT. Names like Earl Campbell, Ricky Williams and Jamaal Charles come to mind. Evans will have a chance to carry on that legacy of talented runners if he decides to play for the Longhorns. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2820524-top-landing-spots-for-zachary-evans-cfbs-no-1-rb-recruit-for-2020#slide0

34 minutes ago, texbound said:

Not a clue, but I like it.  There was a CB for Xavion Alford so maybe it was him.  Maybe Mookie Cooper, which would be a solid get.  Not sure where he would play though, WR or RB.

Supposedly Mookie has already arrived.  He can play anywhere, dude is dynamite with the ball in his hands.  Jet sweeps, couple of carries out of the backfield, screens, deep routes.

15 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I asked him straight up who the next 2020 commit would be.

"If I have to say right now, I'd go with Prince Dorbah," he said. "He loves us and we love him."

Hhhmmm. :ph34r::o

1 hour ago, Slimer said:

Supposedly Mookie has already arrived.  He can play anywhere, dude is dynamite with the ball in his hands.  Jet sweeps, couple of carries out of the backfield, screens, deep routes.

Agree Mookie is a badass and a do it all player. I feel he will mostly play slot, the quick underneath, screen, sweep, reverse guy. He will get touches year 1 

13 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Never heard of the kid before today. 

LOL BigBro had me scrambling. I found Aceon Hopkins on 247. He's a 2019 from Meridian Ms who doesn't have any offers. 5-11.5 163 lbs safety. Boy do I feel stoooopid.

46 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I'm hearing it's Garth.

If that's correct, TH & Co are well on their way to securing some serious OL talent this cycle.