Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

HornSports Staff

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

9 hours ago, UTfish said:

Agree.  You could add Floyd, Brown, and so far, Whittington.

Well, Whitt's still on the team. I don't expect most freshman to start or even play. But he has a chance to play. But guys one year in that never play a down and leave where essentially never here. One year Charlie was getting everybody except so many in that class never stuck. So when we do these class comparisons to OU the comparisons just don't show any semblance to reality when 1/3 of the guys never make it.You're not going to hit on everyone, but we've had a lot of guys the last decade never make it to the Jr/Sr years and it shows on the field. Mack did a much better job in that regards as well as keeping high end Jrs on the team (see Roy/Ricky). Sam not leaving is just as big as those guys. You're essentially getting the top player in the state for 1 year. I'm not saying Sam is as good as Ricky, but the position matters too 

8 hours ago, wadster said:

Well, Whitt's still on the team. I don't expect most freshman to start or even play. But he has a chance to play. But guys one year in that never play a down and leave where essentially never here. One year Charlie was getting everybody except so many in that class never stuck. So when we do these class comparisons to OU the comparisons just don't show any semblance to reality when 1/3 of the guys never make it.You're not going to hit on everyone, but we've had a lot of guys the last decade never make it to the Jr/Sr years and it shows on the field. Mack did a much better job in that regards as well as keeping high end Jrs on the team (see Roy/Ricky). Sam not leaving is just as big as those guys. You're essentially getting the top player in the state for 1 year. I'm not saying Sam is as good as Ricky, but the position matters too 

of course that is correct....but you just never expect....spinal stenosis...brain annurisms..unhealing hernias...and those aren't all....I admit some of our failings are self inflicted, but my goodness....damned bad luck as well. Best of luck to those young men that just never had the chance to "strut their stuff"....

2 hours ago, oldhorn2 said:

of course that is correct....but you just never expect....spinal stenosis...brain annurisms..unhealing hernias...and those aren't all....I admit some of our failings are self inflicted, but my goodness....damned bad luck as well. Best of luck to those young men that just never had the chance to "strut their stuff"....

You are right we've had a lot of bad luck on the injury/health front since TH took over. Hopefully we're do some good luck next few years. 

22 minutes ago, Baron said:

Don't forget Mikey Grandy and Rob Cummins.

Forgetting is just about the only thing I've gotten better at since I got older, but I'm really good at it now.  🙄???

17 minutes ago, UTfish said:

Forgetting is just about the only thing I've gotten better at since I got older, but I'm really good at it now.  🙄???

I hear you brother. My wife keeps telling me I forget things all the time. She also tells me I need a Belltone. LOL. If only she knew.

10 hours ago, Baron said:

I hear you brother. My wife keeps telling me I forget things all the time. She also tells me I need a Belltone. LOL. If only she knew.

Maybe she’s gaslighting you. 😉

On 2/6/2020 at 7:30 AM, Wayne said:

Sad... but true.  My sincerest hope is that “further notice” is the 2020 season.  

I agree and Ill take it but I want to see more than just one season of it or to me its just an anomaly since we always seem to have the higher ranked classes pretty much every year.

Brainiacs saying keep an eye on grad transfer Tarik Black, 4-star WR from Michigan. Word is this will come down to whether Texas wants him or not.

Looks like we'll have 2 to 4 spots (depending on attrition) available for GTs this year.

LOL! No way Bijan is going to wait until 2021 or later.

SIGNING DAY RECAP: PROJECTING THE IMPACT FRESHMAN

Running Back

This is a really interesting group. Texas' Bijan Robinson is at the head of the class, ranking 15th overall. Projecting his impact as a freshman is difficult, though, as Texas has a strong running back room as it is. It's a position that'll be even better with a healthy Jordan Whittington, who was a five-star recruit in last year's cycle. Bottom line, there's little reason to doubt Robinson is the best running back in this class. It just might not manifest until 2021 or later. Or maybe he will be too good to keep off the field right away. We'll see.

https://www.rotowire.com/cfootball/article.php?id=49590

1 hour ago, sporty said:

I thought you guys would appreciate this 2020 recruiting aggy logic. 😂

5AB7A6FC-438A-4D7B-8CF2-E99C3757B000.png

A quote from my Abnormal Psychology professor (psychologist): "You can't rationalize with an irrational person." Thus, don't try to understand the weirdness from that cult. It will only give you head aches. 

2 hours ago, 63_Texas_1 said:

A quote from my Abnormal Psychology professor (psychologist): "You can't rationalize with an irrational person." Thus, don't try to understand the weirdness from that cult. It will only give you head aches. 

tumblr_nebzvttHLi1r1d1ago8_400.gifv

Hire Beck back.:)

COLLEGE FOOTBALL'S 10 BEST RECRUITERS IN THE CLASS OF 2020

8. NC STATE OC TIM BECK

Commits: 7

Average Rating: 93.17

Newly hired by the Wolfpack, Beck’s recruiting buzz focuses upon major commitments on the road at Texas before Tom Herman demoted him at the end of the regular season. Beck was  the primary recruiter at Texas for No. 1 overall running back Bijan Robinson. NC State hopes for similar magic in the ACC.

“Tim has worked with some of the best offensive coaches in the game at both Ohio State and Texas and I look forward to seeing him run his stuff here,” coach Dave Doeren said. “Since our time together at the University of Kansas I have wanted to work with him. He is also one of the best recruiters in college football."

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/College-football-recruiting-class-of-2020-Brian-Hartline-Elijah-Robinson-Karl-Scott-Alabama-Ohio-State-143497903/#143497903_8

19 hours ago, DBOOK23 said:

So are we not gonna hear from coach Herman?

He spoke about Ford, Dixon, and Collins on LHN the night of the second signing day on the inside access show with Lowell Galindo.

1) Class of 2020 five-star RB Zach Evans will end up at Florida.

Farrell’s take: FACT. Why not right? I’ve said 'fact' to Evans going to Georgia, Texas A&M, LSU and Ole Miss so let’s make it five. If he visits Florida in March as rumored that should end this process as Tim Brewster is now involved. Brewster is known as a great recruiter and has ties to Texas, so Evans to Florida makes some sense.

Gorney’s take: FICTION. I’ll take the field over Florida. Any team that has been mentioned with Evans throughout his lengthy and zany recruiting process – Texas, Texas A&M, Georgia twice, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Florida State, whoever else – has not landed him yet, so why should I think Florida will? Playing for Dan Mullen would be ideal for Evans. But I’m not sure how the five-star running back is picking his next school, so I’ll take everybody else over Florida.

https://n.rivals.com/news/fact-or-fiction-gators-will-land-baffling-rb-zach-evans