Jump to content

Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

HornSports Staff

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, UTfish said:

Agree.  You could add Floyd, Brown, and so far, Whittington.

Well, Whitt's still on the team. I don't expect most freshman to start or even play. But he has a chance to play. But guys one year in that never play a down and leave where essentially never here. One year Charlie was getting everybody except so many in that class never stuck. So when we do these class comparisons to OU the comparisons just don't show any semblance to reality when 1/3 of the guys never make it.You're not going to hit on everyone, but we've had a lot of guys the last decade never make it to the Jr/Sr years and it shows on the field. Mack did a much better job in that regards as well as keeping high end Jrs on the team (see Roy/Ricky). Sam not leaving is just as big as those guys. You're essentially getting the top player in the state for 1 year. I'm not saying Sam is as good as Ricky, but the position matters too 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, wadster said:

Well, Whitt's still on the team. I don't expect most freshman to start or even play. But he has a chance to play. But guys one year in that never play a down and leave where essentially never here. One year Charlie was getting everybody except so many in that class never stuck. So when we do these class comparisons to OU the comparisons just don't show any semblance to reality when 1/3 of the guys never make it.You're not going to hit on everyone, but we've had a lot of guys the last decade never make it to the Jr/Sr years and it shows on the field. Mack did a much better job in that regards as well as keeping high end Jrs on the team (see Roy/Ricky). Sam not leaving is just as big as those guys. You're essentially getting the top player in the state for 1 year. I'm not saying Sam is as good as Ricky, but the position matters too 

 

 

of course that is correct....but you just never expect....spinal stenosis...brain annurisms..unhealing hernias...and those aren't all....I admit some of our failings are self inflicted, but my goodness....damned bad luck as well. Best of luck to those young men that just never had the chance to "strut their stuff"....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oldhorn2 said:

 

 

of course that is correct....but you just never expect....spinal stenosis...brain annurisms..unhealing hernias...and those aren't all....I admit some of our failings are self inflicted, but my goodness....damned bad luck as well. Best of luck to those young men that just never had the chance to "strut their stuff"....

You are right we've had a lot of bad luck on the injury/health front since TH took over. Hopefully we're do some good luck next few years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, UTfish said:

Forgetting is just about the only thing I've gotten better at since I got older, but I'm really good at it now.  🙄???

 

I hear you brother. My wife keeps telling me I forget things all the time. She also tells me I need a Belltone. LOL. If only she knew.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Baron said:

I hear you brother. My wife keeps telling me I forget things all the time. She also tells me I need a Belltone. LOL. If only she knew.

Maybe she’s gaslighting you. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2020 at 7:30 AM, Wayne said:

Sad... but true.  My sincerest hope is that “further notice” is the 2020 season.  

I agree and Ill take it but I want to see more than just one season of it or to me its just an anomaly since we always seem to have the higher ranked classes pretty much every year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brainiacs saying keep an eye on grad transfer Tarik Black, 4-star WR from Michigan. Word is this will come down to whether Texas wants him or not.

Looks like we'll have 2 to 4 spots (depending on attrition) available for GTs this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL! No way Bijan is going to wait until 2021 or later.

 

SIGNING DAY RECAP: PROJECTING THE IMPACT FRESHMAN

Running Back

This is a really interesting group. Texas' Bijan Robinson is at the head of the class, ranking 15th overall. Projecting his impact as a freshman is difficult, though, as Texas has a strong running back room as it is. It's a position that'll be even better with a healthy Jordan Whittington, who was a five-star recruit in last year's cycle. Bottom line, there's little reason to doubt Robinson is the best running back in this class. It just might not manifest until 2021 or later. Or maybe he will be too good to keep off the field right away. We'll see.

https://www.rotowire.com/cfootball/article.php?id=49590

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sporty said:

I thought you guys would appreciate this 2020 recruiting aggy logic. 😂

5AB7A6FC-438A-4D7B-8CF2-E99C3757B000.png

A quote from my Abnormal Psychology professor (psychologist): "You can't rationalize with an irrational person." Thus, don't try to understand the weirdness from that cult. It will only give you head aches. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 63_Texas_1 said:

A quote from my Abnormal Psychology professor (psychologist): "You can't rationalize with an irrational person." Thus, don't try to understand the weirdness from that cult. It will only give you head aches. 

tumblr_nebzvttHLi1r1d1ago8_400.gifv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hire Beck back.:)

 

COLLEGE FOOTBALL'S 10 BEST RECRUITERS IN THE CLASS OF 2020

 

8. NC STATE OC TIM BECK

Commits: 7

Average Rating: 93.17

Points: 76.46

Newly hired by the Wolfpack, Beck’s recruiting buzz focuses upon major commitments on the road at Texas before Tom Herman demoted him at the end of the regular season. Beck was  the primary recruiter at Texas for No. 1 overall running back Bijan Robinson. NC State hopes for similar magic in the ACC.

“Tim has worked with some of the best offensive coaches in the game at both Ohio State and Texas and I look forward to seeing him run his stuff here,” coach Dave Doeren said. “Since our time together at the University of Kansas I have wanted to work with him. He is also one of the best recruiters in college football."

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/College-football-recruiting-class-of-2020-Brian-Hartline-Elijah-Robinson-Karl-Scott-Alabama-Ohio-State-143497903/#143497903_8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...


×
×
  • Create New...