Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

HornSports Staff

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

3 hours ago, 83Dee said:

BAMA generally gets who they push for.  

SK over on brainiacs says he won't be surprised if Rakestraw picks Texas. Kid kept repeating the "close to home" factor during a recent interview.

Mizzou and Bama are only closer to him if you drive from Duncanville to Austin by way of Silsbee.

2 hours ago, Slimer said:

We really need a 2nd CB in this class.  We are going to be in a dire position if any or 2 of Cook/Green/Jamison leave early.  All that's behind them is Watson and will be Crawfors.  I guess Boyce will still be around.

Not a fan of Caldwell?

3 hours ago, Slimer said:

We really need a 2nd CB in this class.  We are going to be in a dire position if any or 2 of Cook/Green/Jamison leave early.  All that's behind them is Watson and will be Crawfors.  I guess Boyce will still be around.

Bite your tongue on Boyce. He made some bonehead plays this past season.

Its looking like monster OT prospect out of Carthage Tykiest Crawford, formerly committed to Arkansas, will head to a JUCO for a couple years.

Texas didn't pursue him for obvious reasons but I sure hope they revisit this in about a year.

6 hours ago, wadster said:

Doubt that's the case here as he was committed to UT. Think this has more to do with coaches and belief in a system. 

The irony here is that Princely decommitted from Texas due to our predominant 3 man front and is going to likely pick Baylor who runs a...............3 man front per Aranda's preferences.

1 hour ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Roach with the CB to Bama for Rakestraw and TFB now saying it will not be Texas.

I guess he won't mind sitting idle for a year or two.

3 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Roach with the CB to Bama for Rakestraw and TFB now saying it will not be Texas.

What I don't like about this is Roach didn't actually talk to Rakestraw. He talked to a Bama mod and then made this call.

IMO, the CB doesn't mean anything.

As for brainiacs, here's the actual quote, not exactly confidence-laced.

"I said I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up at Texas because he’s a Texas kid but my prediction currently is he will not pick Texas

12 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

With the Dixon commitment, Texas has moved past OU in the rankings, despite having five fewer commitments. Texas is at #9, OU at #10.

Man, I know we need good classes but I really don’t give two shits about the ranking comparisons, show me the f##king hardware. OU has won the conference 5 years in a row, they have scoreboard. I don’t know about any one else but enough with the aggy and OU class comparisons until that other freaking stat, the one that actually counts, changes. 

just a request to the board, not trying to call any specific person out. 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, aUTfan said:

Man, I know we need good classes but I really don’t give two shits about the ranking comparisons, show me the f##king hardware. OU has won the conference 5 years in a row, they have scoreboard. I don’t know about any one else but enough with the aggy and OU class comparisons until that other freaking stat, the one that actually counts, changes. 

just a request to the board, not trying to call any specific person out. 🤷🏻‍♂️

You might want to think about not following recruiting if you don't want anyone making recruiting comparisons especially on signing day.