Find results in...

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Okay, spoke to my friend this evening. Lots of good stuff. – The recent run on commits is enabling the staff to circle back and revisit some other recruitments that most think/thought are lost. N

Hello everyone. I just popped in to say hello. Since my crazy ass haven't been in here in almost Coons age due to alot of personal issues family related I've been having to go through and having to wo

Saw Herman speak today at a luncheon at the Headliners club here in Austin.  He did say that we would make room for 1 more OL commit in 2020 and that those of us who follow recruiting would know who h

Posted Images

1 hour ago, primal defense said:

So what happens now, we have a returning QB who is on everyone's watch list, we have TWO  legit 4/5 star blue chip QB's ( one of whom is on campus already), and now we have the #1 ranked RB in the country, along with a legit power RB returning

and there is only ONE football that can be used at a time...

Do we change/tweak the offense and feature a ground attack which will open things up for Sam

OR 

do you ask one of the QB's to redshirt and hope they dont transfer out.

how about a two back set I formation or platoon  the two

5 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Yes, he's a Horn and will announce on NSD II

Source is Kate Beckinsale.

Question, what is Dixon projected as?  Is he a WR, possible a RB, or does he potentially move to defense (not sure if he played there, but I would bet a kid of his talent at Carthage would play everywhere he could).  I guess i always thought of him coming in as a WR type.

1 hour ago, texbound said:

Question, what is Dixon projected as?  Is he a WR, possible a RB, or does he potentially move to defense (not sure if he played there, but I would bet a kid of his talent at Carthage would play everywhere he could).  I guess i always thought of him coming in as a WR type.

The secondary is a crowded place right now, so I suspect he will play some slot and return kicks/punts.

3 hours ago, Hiwood said:

So what happens now, we have a returning QB who is on everyone's watch list, we have TWO  legit 4/5 star blue chip QB's ( one of whom is on campus already), and now we have the #1 ranked RB in the country, along with a legit power RB returning

and there is only ONE football that can be used at a time...

Do we change/tweak the offense and feature a ground attack which will open things up for Sam

OR 

do you ask one of the QB's to redshirt and hope they dont transfer out.

how about a two back set I formation or platoon  the two

The ideal is Ohio State this year when they had Fields as a Heisman contending QB and Dobins as one of the top RB.

Fortunately, our new OC is from that very staff.
On 1/26/2020 at 2:49 PM, Sirhornsalot said:

In a rare Sunday post, Brainiacs say Princely is trending toward Baylor and away from Texas. Still feels confident in Collins though.

Baylor says they're out of it.

On 1/28/2020 at 9:59 AM, CoachEmUp64 said:

@Sirhornsalot any word on Dixon?

He's been on board for nearly two months.

My hope is that Zack will go to Old Miss. Lane Kiffin and Zackery Evans should be entertaining.

JAY GRAHAM SHOULD GIVE TENNESSEE ANOTHER LEG UP FOR FIVE-STAR RUNNING BACK ZACKARY EVANS

https://www.rockytoptalk.com/2020/1/29/21113465/jay-graham-tennessee-vols-football-five-star-running-back-zachary-evans

15 hours ago, primal defense said:

My hope is that Zack will go to Old Miss. Lane Kiffin and Zackery Evans should be entertaining.

JAY GRAHAM SHOULD GIVE TENNESSEE ANOTHER LEG UP FOR FIVE-STAR RUNNING BACK ZACKARY EVANS

https://www.rockytoptalk.com/2020/1/29/21113465/jay-graham-tennessee-vols-football-five-star-running-back-zachary-evans

Wherever he goes I wonder how long before he enters the transfer portal. 

18 minutes ago, TexCoyote said:

Less than a week until 2nd signing day.

Let’s finish with Collins, Princely, Dixon, Rakeshaw, and Williams the WR from Marshall and call it a cycle. 

What do you see?

Saw yesterday anything after 3 more commits we have to lose somebody by fall camp to fit the numbers.  Mitchell leaving makes it 4 now.  TFB had an update late last night on Princely if anyone has a recap.  IDK if Williams is visiting?

26 minutes ago, Slimer said:

Saw yesterday anything after 3 more commits we have to lose somebody by fall camp to fit the numbers.  Mitchell leaving makes it 4 now.  TFB had an update late last night on Princely if anyone has a recap.  IDK if Williams is visiting?

Williams and Rakeshaw are long shots. Probably got in on them too late 

3 hours ago, TexCoyote said:

Let’s finish with Collins, Princely, Dixon, Rakeshaw, and Williams the WR from Marshall and call it a cycle. 

What do you see?

Sounds good to me throw in one or two OL and would be even better.

Should be room for 5to 7 more spaces IMO.

1 hour ago, Eastexhorn said:

Sounds good to me throw in one or two OL and would be even better.

Should be room for 5to 7 more spaces IMO.

My personal percentages for how we finish, not that it means much.

1. Collins – 90%

2. Dixon – 100%

3. Princely – 49% We may win by default.

4. Rakestraw – 49% Mizzou is the favorite, IMO. We'll see after his OV to UT.

5. Williams – 0% Thats too bad. 6'4 WRs with speed don't grow on trees.

6 hours ago, TexCoyote said:

What do you see?

I understand the kid from Marshall is a no-go..... Is anyone aware of other names we are pursuing AND they are possibilities?