Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

HornSports Staff

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

2 minutes ago, Baron said:

Now that I looked at Dunson's timeline. He just finished his official at Miami. Seems like someone always CB's after an official. He's scheduled for an official at Texas next week.

Apparently word going around is he’s not coming next week. 

TOP PERFORMANCES FROM THE 2020 POLYNESIAN BOWL

RB Bijan Robinson - When he had the ball in his hands, Robinson showed he could be the nation’s most complete back. He can run with power and speed and has great hands out of the backfield. He has plenty of wiggle in the open field and always looks like a threat to score every time he touches the ball. He should see the field immediately at Texas this fall.

https://247sports.com/Article/Polynesian-Bowl-Top-Perforners-LSU-Tigers-BYU-Cougars-Washington-State-Oregon-Ducks-Texas-Longhorns-Oklahoma-Sooners-Arizona-State-Sun-Devils-Washington-Antoine-Sampah-142428082/

14 hours ago, LAHORN said:

Good point. Even if Rakestraw was in the fold why turn Dubson away? Btw...dunson runs a sub 4.9. Someone pointed it out and I was a bit surprised.

I doubt Texas tries to recover in this. When there's a 4-star to be had, you do your due diligence. But you don't break your back trying to get a 4.9 CB on board.

15 hours ago, Baron said:

Now that I looked at Dunson's timeline. He just finished his official at Miami. Seems like someone always CB's after an official. He's scheduled for an official at Texas next week.

MR. CONSISTENT

This award goes to the player that was the best from start to finish and it goes to Robinson. The five-star was full-go all week, flashing his ability to run between the tackles as well as catch the ball out of the backfield. In Saturday’s game he did both, rushing for 16 yards and a touchdown and also catching three passes for 35 yards. The Texas signee's all-around game combined with his work ethic makes him a special prospect

https://n.rivals.com/news/polynesian-bowl-the-wommack-awards

2 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

With Sheppard gone and another OL in the portal, there is a need forone or two OL.

Maybe a grad. transfer and wait till next year where is an outstanding class of OL men.

n

Who is the other one in the portal?  I missed that....

10 minutes ago, 83Dee said:

Who is the other one in the portal?  I missed that....

Jp Urquidez, been gone for awhile. Left on good graces, just couldn't ever add weight and crack the two deep at UT. Players and coaches seemed to really like him. He would just never see the field here. 

Rivals is foolish. How much trouble does Evans need to make. He's compared to Adrian Peterson, but a better comparison is Maurice Clarett and Marcus Dupree. Both #1 running backs in the country and both had to leave college early.

Running back — This became a very crowded position and one that was heavily debated. 

and his off-field issues were constantly debated and he has the biggest bust factor of all the running backs. Still, he finished at No. 1 for a simple reason — he’s an amazing talent. 

pushes a little bit for sure and will be great at Texas but Evans could be a massive boom for some program and is the most talented in the group — bottom line

https://n.rivals.com/news/mind-of-mike-farrell-s-thoughts-on-new-rivals100-2

1 hour ago, dillohorn said:

Evans will be a portal hustler for every team he goes to.................if he even lasts a single season on a college roster. The guy is cancer to any team and to himself.

As long as he gets unlimited cell phone use he will keep his head screwed on.