Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

COVID-19 ALERT: All University of Texas Athletics competitions/games cancelled until Sunday March 29th
HornSports Staff

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

15 hours ago, TexExSpur said:

Jimbo is so desperate to land Evans that he's getting played.  Evans has apparently qualified per the Fong and won't enroll at A&M for the Spring.  

Was he supposed to be an early enrollie?

Who Will Snag the Remaining 4-Star Recruits?

Eighteen 4-star recruits have yet to make a commitment in the 2020 recruiting cycle.

Here's a look at the full list, along with players' overall rank in the 2020 class and projections for who will land them based on 247Sports' Crystal Ball Predictions and recent trends:

There is a lot of talent still on the board. For teams that want to put the finishing touches on their recruiting classes, these are the top names to keep an eye on.

• S Avantae Williams (No. 55)—Florida
    • SDE Alfred Collins (No. 71)—Texas
    • DT McKinnley Jackson (No. 113)—Texas A&M
    • WDE Demon Clowney (No. 135)—Ole Miss
    • RB Kevontre Bradford (No. 136)—LSU
    • S Javier Morton (No. 219)—Georgia Tech
    • DUAL Malik Hornsby (No. 220)—Arkansas
    • OT Ty'kieast Crawford (No. 227)—LSU
    • APB Michael Drennen ll (No. 230)—Kentucky
    • RB Daijun Edwards (No. 254)—Georgia
    • SDE Princely Umanmielen (No. 269)—Baylor
    • RB Darvon Hubbard (No. 294)—Utah
    • RB Henry Parrish (No. 301)—Ole Miss
    • RB Lamy Constant (No. 314)—Florida
    • CB Isaiah Dunson (No. 322)—Texas
    • OG Marcus Henderson (No. 342)—Georgia
    • ATH Kelvontay Dixon (No. 346)—Texas
    • SDE Andy Boykin (No. 357)—Arkansas

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2871691-national-signing-day-2020-top-early-storylines-to-follow#slide3

47 minutes ago, primal defense said:

Who Will Snag the Remaining 4-Star Recruits?

Eighteen 4-star recruits have yet to make a commitment in the 2020 recruiting cycle.

Here's a look at the full list, along with players' overall rank in the 2020 class and projections for who will land them based on 247Sports' Crystal Ball Predictions and recent trends:

There is a lot of talent still on the board. For teams that want to put the finishing touches on their recruiting classes, these are the top names to keep an eye on.

• S Avantae Williams (No. 55)—Florida
    • SDE Alfred Collins (No. 71)—Texas
    • DT McKinnley Jackson (No. 113)—Texas A&M
    • WDE Demon Clowney (No. 135)—Ole Miss
    • RB Kevontre Bradford (No. 136)—LSU
    • S Javier Morton (No. 219)—Georgia Tech
    • DUAL Malik Hornsby (No. 220)—Arkansas
    • OT Ty'kieast Crawford (No. 227)—LSU
    • APB Michael Drennen ll (No. 230)—Kentucky
    • RB Daijun Edwards (No. 254)—Georgia
    • SDE Princely Umanmielen (No. 269)—Baylor
    • RB Darvon Hubbard (No. 294)—Utah
    • RB Henry Parrish (No. 301)—Ole Miss
    • RB Lamy Constant (No. 314)—Florida
    • CB Isaiah Dunson (No. 322)—Texas
    • OG Marcus Henderson (No. 342)—Georgia
    • ATH Kelvontay Dixon (No. 346)—Texas
    • SDE Andy Boykin (No. 357)—Arkansas

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2871691-national-signing-day-2020-top-early-storylines-to-follow#slide3

We'd lose out on Princely and Bradford, but win on Collins, Dixon, and Dunson. I think I'd take that any day. Though I really do love Bradford.

23 minutes ago, primal defense said:

This is why we don't need to hire a TE coach before signing day. Having Bryan out recruiting is a plus.

Could this all have been planned by Herman so Bryan could go on the road?  Good move if it was to finish out the 2020 class.  If it wasnt planned then it was a lucky break because BC probably has a good relationship with the remaining recruits whereas the new coaches would be building them.

2 hours ago, 83Dee said:

Question- why is Rakestraw a 3 star?

it seems he is vastly underrated or teams like Texas and BAMA are putting a whole lot of stock in the Rockwall game. 

Super late bloomer. Just growing into his body. Watch his senior film. It’s 4 star worthy. Junior film is a different player. 

RECRUITING ANALYST RAVES ABOUT BIJAN ROBINSON AT POLYNESIAN BOWL

Just like he did throughout his week of practice and Jan. 4 performance at the All-American Bowl in San Antonio, Bijan Robinson is turning heads two weeks later, leading up to another national showcase.

The five-star recruit from Tucson (Ariz.) Salpointe Catholic is proving his worth as the 247Sports Composite's No. 15 overall prospect and No. 2 running back ahead of Saturday's Polynesian Bowl.

Throughout the week of practice at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu, the Texas signee has proven to 247Sports national recruiting minds such as editor Brandon Huffman and analyst Blair Angulo why he holds his ranking

"But he's just out there. He doesn't say a whole lot. He's not a real loud, vivacious type, but he does make some plays and you love that. Two guys we mentioned are both five-star types, tops of their positions nationally. And those are the types of guys that, in these events, may have a reason to not really go 100 percent. But neither of them has stopped in it. And I think the Bijan Robinson's matched Justin Flowe this week, just in overall effort and energy, and I think he's really shown why Tom Herman and so many other schools came out to the West Coast to try and get him."

https://247sports.com/Article/Bijan-Robinson-running-back-Texas-Longhorns-football-Polynesian-Bowl-142351460/

1 hour ago, LAHORN said:

Looks like Isaiah Dunson is being CBd to Miami. Sudden turn of events. Apparently we’re going in a dif direction. 

Makes you wonder if Rakestraw is in the fold. 

My question is, why would we stop pursuing a 4* CB just because we might have a second one leaning our way. We play in the Big 12, we need at least 3 CB's every other cycle.

Another question, why would anyone lean towards the dumpster fire that is the U. Manny Diaz will not right that ship.

4 minutes ago, Baron said:

Makes you wonder if Rakestraw is in the fold. 

My question is, why would we stop pursuing a 4* CB just because we might have a second one leaning our way. We play in the Big 12, we need at least 3 CB's every other cycle.

Another question, why would anyone lean towards the dumpster fire that is the U. Manny Diaz will not right that ship.

Good point. Even if Rakestraw was in the fold why turn Dubson away? Btw...dunson runs a sub 4.9. Someone pointed it out and I was a bit surprised.

4 minutes ago, LAHORN said:

Good point. Even if Rakestraw was in the fold why turn Dubson away? Btw...dunson runs a sub 4.9. Someone pointed it out and I was a bit surprised.

Now that I looked at Dunson's timeline. He just finished his official at Miami. Seems like someone always CB's after an official. He's scheduled for an official at Texas next week.