Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

HornSports Staff

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

2 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

CB Isaiah Dunson of Tucker, GA told Rivals he's down to Ole Miss and Texas, with Texas getting the last official on the 24th.

https://247sports.com/Player/Isaiah-Dunson-46048387/

I saw a couple minutes of his film. Honestly I think he looks better than Josh Eaton. Both are similar long CB. Dunson seemed more explosive to me. Hope we land him to pair with Watson as Georgia CBs.

41 minutes ago, TB14 said:

I saw a couple minutes of his film. Honestly I think he looks better than Josh Eaton. Both are similar long CB. Dunson seemed more explosive to me. Hope we land him to pair with Watson as Georgia CBs.

I agree. He feels like the kind of press corner we need. He's physical and has an aggressiveness you like to see. Eaton feels more like a safety to me. 

I can't wait.

*Tucson (Ariz.) Salpointe Catholic running back and Texas signee Bijan Robinson could very well be the top running back in the country. The composite five-star said he was really pumped up to see Texas win the Alamo Bowl and is looking forward to what that offense can be following some of the changes Tom Herman made. Robinson said he was told the running backs will be more involved in the passing game, which has always been one of his strengths. He’ll be out in Austin this summer.

https://247sports.com/Article/Recruiting-Notebook-from-Polynesian-Bowl-Check-In-142158637/

On 1/12/2020 at 9:19 PM, TFloss32 said:

Per OrangeBloods, CB Ennis Rakestraw of Duncanville will use his last two official visits on Georgia and Texas.

Once the current dead period ends, UT will be going by his high school.

https://247sports.com/Player/Ennis-Rakestraw-46081865/

My fear here is that he never makes it out of the Bama visit uncommitted or becomes committed before his UT visit. Bama is one of two schools he's always liked, the other being Texas. Our delay has hurt us.

3 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

OrangeBloods is reporting DE Alfred Collins of Bastrop Cedar Creek could be on campus this weekend for Elite Day even though the event is mainly for underclassmen.

Maybe Frank Okam can swing by his house and pick him up on his way to campus 😀

17 hours ago, primal defense said:

I can't wait.

*Tucson (Ariz.) Salpointe Catholic running back and Texas signee Bijan Robinson could very well be the top running back in the country. The composite five-star said he was really pumped up to see Texas win the Alamo Bowl and is looking forward to what that offense can be following some of the changes Tom Herman made. Robinson said he was told the running backs will be more involved in the passing game, which has always been one of his strengths. He’ll be out in Austin this summer.

https://247sports.com/Article/Recruiting-Notebook-from-Polynesian-Bowl-Check-In-142158637/

Man, if I wasnt going to Kauai this weekend I would've liked to check out this game.  Had no idea it was this weekend.

1 hour ago, texbound said:

Man, if I wasnt going to Kauai this weekend I would've liked to check out this game.  Had no idea it was this weekend.

Yea, rub it in!  🤬

In Kauai if you haven't done this already, do the 50 min - hr long Blue Helicopter ride over the canyon and to the 3,000 ft waterfalls. It's expensive but well worth it, amazing views!

Sounds good.

RB Bijan Robinson – The 247Sports Composite five-star running back from Tucson (Ariz.) Salpointe Catholic was smooth catching the ball out of the backfield and looked very slippery in the open field, making defenders miss by seamlessly changing directions and fighting for extra yards. The Texas signee is patient behind the line of scrimmage, allowing lanes to develop before exploding up field, and he's proven to be one of the more multi-dimensional offensive weapons in the nation.

LB Prince Dorbah – An active edge defender with a great motor, Dorbah had a few impressive moments Tuesday. He did well to disengage and race up field to close on the football. In coverage, the Texas signee showed some nice potential given his athleticism and length. Dorbah made things difficult on tight ends who were trying to find space up the middle as well.

https://247sports.com/Article/College-Football-Recruiting-Polynesian-Bowl-Justin-Flowe-Noah-Sewell-Demond-Demas-Bijan-Robinson-Roman-Wilson-Antoine-Sampah-Prince-Dorbah-Kamoi-Latu-Jayden-de-Laura-LV-Bunkle-142204067/

9 hours ago, tejasrulz said:

Yea, rub it in!  🤬

In Kauai if you haven't done this already, do the 50 min - hr long Blue Helicopter ride over the canyon and to the 3,000 ft waterfalls. It's expensive but well worth it, amazing views!

Appreciate the advice and we may do that next time we go in April.  This time we're doing a raft tour of the Na Pali coast (weather permitting).  Should be fun.  First time to Kauai.  I love it that Southwest Airlines is now flying out here. Island hop tickets were dirt cheap and Hawaiian airlines is starting to drop theirs as well.

4 minutes ago, texbound said:

Appreciate the advice and we may do that next time we go in April.  This time we're doing a raft tour of the Na Pali coast (weather permitting).  Should be fun.  First time to Kauai.  I love it that Southwest Airlines is now flying out here. Island hop tickets were dirt cheap and Hawaiian airlines is starting to drop theirs as well.

So you are going now and again in April?

Bite me!

WHICH RB DESERVES THE TOP SPOT

BIJAN ROBINSON 

There are a lot of reasons to believe Robinson should be the No. 1 running back in this class and it started this past summer when he absolutely dominated the Rivals100 Five-Star Challenge and proved he not only looks great and runs the ball well but he can also catch it out of the backfield.

Those thoughts continued into his monstrous senior season, during which Robinson completely dominated with 126 carries for 2,235 yards and 38 touchdowns while averaging a mind-boggling 17.7 yards per carry. He only caught 12 passes, but he averaged more than 26 yards per reception, which almost seems like a misprint.

Robinson is physically ready to play in the Big 12, and he’s going to be outstanding pounding the ball in Texas’ offense or getting out in space and making things happen. He had a quiet week at the All-American Bowl and that was a little surprising, but it’s clear he’s muscled up, he takes to coaching and he has rare physical abilities.

The Longhorns need to figure out ways to get him the ball and if they do he can be the next big-time star in Texas’ backfield. Every other running back at the top of this class has some question marks. I don’t see many with Robinson. - West Coast Recruiting Analyst Adam Gorney

https://n.rivals.com/news/making-the-case-which-rb-deserves-to-occupy-top-spot-