Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

COVID-19 ALERT: All University of Texas Athletics competitions/games cancelled until Sunday March 29th
HornSports Staff

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

1 hour ago, tejasrulz said:

Is there a chance the Horns will pick up a commitment today at the game?

99% of everybody will tell you no.  I'm inclined to believe them, but there is a part of me saying there is a chance.  I'm watching the game to see Bijan and Collins, but I'm keeping an open mind for another desert rose.

There’s always hope, but no one is expected to surprise us. Ringo to UGA. LV to ASU. McGlothern to LSU. Collins is waiting til feb and we’re favored by some insiders.

For years, Bijan Robinson’s and Lathan Ransom’s names have been intertwined. Bringing up the Salpointe Catholic football program meant stories of the improbable runs from Robinson and punishing hits from Ransom were soon too follow.

https://www.sports360az.com/2020/01/salpointes-robinson-ransom-thankful-for-one-more-game-as-all-americans/

SAN ANTONIO — Four future Longhorns earned a victory in their final prep game when the West beat the East, 33-20, at the All-American Bowl in San Antonio on Saturday afternoon. Bijan Robinson, Prince Dorbah and Andrej Karic played for the West squad, while safety Xavion Alford missed the game due to a knee injury. All four signed national letters of intent to Texas during the early signing period in December.

Salpointe Catholic five-star running back Bijan Robinson pledged to Texas on Aug. 2. (Mike Craven)

It was a muted performance from the three active Texas signees. Dorbah, a four-star outside linebacker from Highland Park, recorded a sack in the fourth quarter. The 6-2, 210-pound defender made his name as a pass rushing defensive end during a storied three-year prep career that included more than 40 sacks and two state championships.

“Playing in a game like this with so much history is truly a blessing. It was an amazing week,” Dorbah said. “My focus is on finishing high school and getting ready for my freshman season at Texas. I want to help the team as soon as possible.”  

Robinson was the top-rated prospect in Texas’ 2020 class and the only five-star to sign with the Longhorns in December. The Arizona native was given a handful of touches in the contest. Texas expects Robinson to contribute as a true freshman. The 6-0, 200-pound player was Arizona’s Gatorade Player of the Year as a senior. His 7,036 rushing yards are the most in Arizona state history. 

“I received a ton of love from Longhorn fans during my week in San Antonio. I know I made the right choice,” Robinson said. “I put high expectations on myself, so I’m happy that people think I can come in and make an impact. It’s my job to be ready for whatever role the team needs.” 

Five-star cornerback Kelee Ringo chose Georgia over the Longhorns and a number of other offers during the fourth quarter of the game. Texas made a push for the talented cornerback throughout the cycle. Fellow target, four-star defensive end Alfred Collins, also played in the game. The Bastrop Cedar Creek product was one of just six uncommitted players in the All-American Bowl. Texas is among the leaders. 

“I wanted to take my time with the process and know that I did my research and enjoyed this process because it’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity,” Collins said. “Playing with the best players in the country was an honor. I learned a lot.”

https://www.hookem.com/2020/01/04/west-including-four-texas-signees-beat-east-american-bowl/