Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

HornSports Staff

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

43 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I think its a prima Dona thing, going from being Mr Everything to getting yelled at in practice, making mistakes in games. I'm sure his position coach was part of the problem, too. The whole group hated him.

I've heard ASU has actively recruited Smith. That would be very unwise, if true.

Well, hopefully Yurcich can keep work some magic. He would be a tough loss. 

3 minutes ago, bscooter99 said:

I want it to be Ringo, but he is supposed to announce tomorrow at the Army All-America game so that's not NSD-2.

Good point. Well, if it's someone other than Collins, my money's on Princely or LV. 

24 minutes ago, NEOkHorn said:

Given how some seemed to be lukewarm about Princely's original commit, would he really be considered "big" if he decided to go ahead and sign with Texas?

At the time, that seemed to be the case. But, he's "big" in the sense of need. I also thought is SR tape was impressive. Great hands and quick first step. 

2 minutes ago, RickyFlair said:
2 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

We're going to need to pick up another WR. I think we're going to lose one. Jake Smith may be leaving us.

Not happening. 

I'm assuming (hoping) you're referring to the Jake is NOT leaving part?

42 minutes ago, 605Longhorn said:

I don’t have Twitter. What does it say?

No, just compare his twitter with other players on the team. He's checking out Clemson players, all into other bowl games, not so much into our own bowl game. Just kinda stuck out to me.

19 minutes ago, MikeV73 said:

They didn’t submit it to allow his reveal, or because they have reservations on accepting him?  Academic eligibility?  

The chickens are coming home to roost. Remember, this all started with his odd statement about Texas

24 minutes ago, Baron said:

The chickens are coming home to roost. Remember, this all started with his odd statement about Texas

I'll take 'Karma's a bitch' for a $1000, Alex!

9 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Look at his twitter

If Mehringer would have been retained then Smith would definitely have left (possibly several receivers from what I’ve heard). I believe with the season over the staff will make a conscious effort to repair some of the damage Mehringer caused and Jake will be a priority 

I sure we become a top team, so in the future we can teach Mr. Chandler a lesson.:)

In one harmless gesture, Chandler Morris simultaneously endeared himself to one fanbase and become Public Enemy No. 17 for another.

The 4-star quarterbackwho is the son of former Arkansas coach and current Auburn offensive coordinator Chad Morriskicked off the Under Armour game by committing to Oklahoma.

And, while staring directly into the camera, he threw "Horns Down."

Suffice to say Morris should be ready for an unfriendly welcome when the Sooners take on Texas in October.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2869474-winners-losers-and-grades-from-the-2020-under-armour-all-american-game#slide4