Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

HornSports Staff

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

6 hours ago, MikeV73 said:

This is the dumbest thing...he has already signed and still delaying an announcement?  Whatever, grow up and prepare yourself for your first suspension wherever you go.  

He's entering the portal and upping the ante on bidding for his services. 😉

6 hours ago, MikeV73 said:

This is the dumbest thing...he has already signed and still delaying an announcement?  Whatever, grow up and prepare yourself for your first suspension wherever you go.  

I second the motion on that one Mike. How in the bluegrass hell do you delay your announcement when everyone else knows where your azz is going???. That's like saying you eating a Snicker bar and deciding that you don't like candy bars

10 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Saw something on Twitter that he didn't get the test scores he needed yet and can't enroll early. Hope he can put it together. That is why he isn't announcing yet.

Has anyone else heard this?

It sounds like Georgia put a hold on if they should take Evans. I'm not sure that Deion Sanders is a  good character witness.

I am not a psychologist, however his actions have shown some emotional issues. One out of five people in this country suffer from mental illness and just because your a five star running back  doesn't make you immune to it.

Georgia did not make an in-home visit with Evans in December and did not get the 5-foot-11, 200-pound tailback on campus for an official visit or an unofficial visit since the season began, last hosting him in July for the Dawg Days BBQ event. Regardless, the Bulldogs hold every prediction on his 247Sports Crystal Ball.

I've become embarrassed for him. Aggy, of course, has its hand out for a RB who really doesn't care to go there unless he has to. And he may have to.

How do you choose a school that you haven't even officially visited? Because you're running out of options.

THE BIG SURPRISE

I have heard through numerous sources that there's a "big surprise" coming for the Horns on NSD-2.

A poster on this board has messaged me about it. My friend in Austin has mentioned it. I know IT thinks it's Collins, but Collins isn't really a surprise.

I've heard another name as the big surprise. I'm not going to say the name because I don't want to jinx it, but it would certainly qualify as "Big."

My buddy in Austin did not give me a name. He was both hesitant to talk about it and so giddy he couldn't help himself. I asked about a couple of names, which he dismissed. He said he's a big fish.

So, has anyone else here been hearing the same thing? Lets put the pieces on the table and see if we can figure out the puzzle.

4 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

THE BIG SURPRISE

I have heard through numerous sources that there's a "big surprise" coming for the Horns on NSD-2.

A poster on this board has messaged me about it. My friend in Austin has mentioned it. I know IT thinks it's Collins, but Collins isn't really a surprise.

I've heard another name as the big surprise. I'm not going to say the name because I don't want to jinx it, but it would certainly qualify as "Big."

My buddy in Austin did not give me a name. He was both hesitant to talk about it and so giddy he couldn't help himself. I asked about a couple of names, which he dismissed. He said he's a big fish.

So, has anyone else here been hearing the same thing? Lets put the pieces on the table and see if we can figure out the puzzle.

Me thinks Ringo would qualify as a "big" surprise, no?

24 minutes ago, LAHORN said:

Me thinks Ringo would qualify as a "big" surprise, no?

One guy who is pretty good at this stuff threw the name McGlothern at me. Call me underwhelmed. He was once a 5-star. I think he's a 3-star now.

Dang SHA...wen't from elated to wah wah in the span of 5 min. Losing Jake would suck considering he'd be getting the lion's share next year...unless he's just homesick and want's to join the ASU movement that's going on right now. Which leads me to Bunkley-Shelton as a possible "big". 

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

THE BIG SURPRISE

IT said something about it and they think it is Collins.

9 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

We're going to need to pick up another WR. I think we're going to lose one. Jake Smith may be leaving us.

He's be mentioned as being homesick. Sucks, because slot WRs have put up great numbers in Herman's offense.

8 minutes ago, LAHORN said:

Dang SHA...wen't from elated to wah wah in the span of 5 min. Losing Jake would suck considering he'd be getting the lion's share next year...unless he's just homesick and want's to join the ASU movement that's going on right now. Which leads me to Bunkley-Shelton as a possible "big". 

I think its a prima Dona thing, going from being Mr Everything to getting yelled at in practice, making mistakes in games. I'm sure his position coach was part of the problem, too. The whole group hated him.

I've heard ASU has actively recruited Smith. That would be very unwise, if true.

58 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I've become embarrassed for him. Aggy, of course, has its hand out for a RB who really doesn't care to go there unless he has to. And he may have to.

How do you choose a school that you haven't even officially visited? Because you're running out of options.

Now you know, if Z Evans were to end up at Aggy...it was always going to be that way and everyone else was just fooled.

I agree. "Giddy" doesn't make sense for McGlothern imo, but that really depends on how well you know your buddy. 

It's either someone who we thought we had a low % on or someone not at all on our radar. Here's who I'd get giddy over...

-Ringo, Collins, LV, Princely, Kelvontay 

1 minute ago, LAHORN said:

I agree. "Giddy" doesn't make sense for McGlothern imo, but that really depends on how well you know your buddy. 

It's either someone who we thought we had a low % on or someone not at all on our radar. Here's who I'd get giddy over...

-Ringo, Collins, LV, Princely, Kelvontay 

Kelvontay is going to be interesting to watch . UTSA is interested in him. But the head coach I know really well is huge in recruiting the East Texas pipeline