Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

COVID-19 ALERT: All University of Texas Athletics competitions/games cancelled until Sunday March 29th
HornSports Staff

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

I think you guys are missing my point with Ringo. Before the season started he visited Georgia and never seem interested in us after that. We beat Georgia in the sugar bowl last year and all of us were expecting a much better year this year. So before we had a lackluster season he seemed to write us off.

42 minutes ago, Bear19 said:

I think you guys are missing my point with Ringo. Before the season started he visited Georgia and never seem interested in us after that. We beat Georgia in the sugar bowl last year and all of us were expecting a much better year this year. So before we had a lackluster season he seem to write us off.

$EC bagmen are a real thing. It's a shame the $EC won't eat itself the way the SWC did.

10 hours ago, Baron said:

$EC bagmen are a real thing. It's a shame the $EC won't eat itself the way the SWC did.

I found myself rolling my eyes at the first sentence.... but nodding in approval as I finished reading your post.  

42 minutes ago, Hiwood said:

so do we redshirt Jackson and Card or are we going to have a QB battle before we even start ?

You hope that Casey Thompson, in his third year, could maintain the backup role and beat out the two frosh. 

I really like Card, but I think JQ Jackson is special. Combination of an incredible will to win along with outstanding athletic talent and smarts. Surround him with some weapons and look out.

Jackson should be ready, medically, to play this fall.

19 hours ago, tejasrulz said:

Duncanville would have lit NS up with him as QB. Be that said, Herman needs to start recruiting that FR who took his place. For a kid (looked like a young man) who was in JR High school last year, he played very well.

I agree with you.  FWIW he (freshman QB) did the Horns down after his first touchdown in the Rockwall game.  It raised one of my eyebrows.  

10 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

You hope that Casey Thompson, in his third year, could maintain the backup role and beat out the two frosh. 

I really like Card, but I think JQ Jackson is special. Combination of an incredible will to win along with outstanding athletic talent and smarts. Surround him with some weapons and look out.

Jackson should be ready, medically, to play this fall.

I told my brother at the beginning of the Rockwall game that Jackson was electric and would be moved to another position at UT.  

About a quarter later I texted him again and said “scratch that move positions remark.” 

ZACKERY EVANS

Farrell’s take: FACT. There are many rumors that Evans, the enigmatic five-star running back from Texas, has secretly signed with Georgia. Whether that’s true or not, it appears he will announce for Georgia in January at the Under Armour Game. LSU and Alabama were involved, but word is they backed off and I’m not sure what happened with Texas A&M. So, UGA will add Evans to five-star 

and have a great 1-2 punch.

Gorney’s take: FACT. When it comes to news on Evans, there always needs to be some hesitation because there are so many rumors about his recruitment it’s hard to keep up. But it looks like over the weekend there were some significant rumblings that the Bulldogs are the team to beat. I still wouldn’t be surprised to see him at Texas A&M, but I don’t think LSU or Alabama are much in play any longer.

https://n.rivals.com/news/fact-or-fiction-zachary-evans-will-end-up-in-georgia-s-class

54 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

Donotforget Rojo at QB. I belive he has stated he would like to return. If he can pass accuratelly he would be quite a weapon.

I think he'll still play some RB. When Bijan arrives, Rojo will still be the third best back we have. And at times, he's better than Ingram.

I'd imagine we'll see him playing both roles but I think he sees the most action at RB.

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I think he'll still play some RB. When Bijan arrives, Rojo will still be the third best back we have. And at times, he's better than Ingram.

I'd imagine we'll see him playing both roles but I think he sees the most action at RB.

I wouldn't be surprised if RoJo redshirted next year. Playing him as a back up RB would be a waste in my opinion.

3 hours ago, poconolonghorn said:

Has it been considered that Herman was flying the birds because he got Ringo's commitment? His reasoning at the press conference was pretty lame.

Probably. A lot of us are still holding out for Jalen Waddle, too. lol