Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

HornSports Staff

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

According to The Football Brainiacs, it looks like the plan is to get RB Jahmyr Gibbs (Dalton, GA) and CB Isaiah Dunson (Tucker, GA) on campus for official visits the weekend of January 24th.

They mentioned to keep an eye out for another Georgia kid receiving an offer.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jahmyr-Gibbs-46080991/

https://247sports.com/Player/Isaiah-Dunson-46048387/

1 hour ago, HORNfromETX said:

So it looks like Texas is looking to add the following for NSD2

1 RB

1 CB

2 DL 

That would put them at 21 for the class. Also they'll look at some Grad Transfers to fill some spots.

What about Brennan Scott? He still hasn't signed last I checked.

15 minutes ago, HORNfromETX said:

Kelvontay Dixon looking good in the State Title game today.

On TV they are saying he is Ingram's brother, is that correct? Guess I missed that info. Why hasn't he committed to Texas yet? Is there a good chance he signs with Texas?

1 minute ago, tejasrulz said:

On TV they are saying he is Ingram's brother, is that correct? Guess I missed that info. Why hasn't he committed to Texas yet? Is there a good chance he signs with Texas?

Yes, he is Ingram's brother. I think there is a good chance he signs with Texas on NSD2 like his brother did.

The fact that Ringo had no desire to even take an OV to Texas and never scheduled one should tell you how little real interest he had in Texas. Any site that was saying different was just playing the game for Clickbait. Texas was never a threat or in this one. 

3 minutes ago, HORNfromETX said:

Yes, he is Ingram's brother. I think there is a good chance he signs with Texas on NSD2 like his brother did.

Thanks for the clarification. One last question, where is Texas looking at him to play? Based on today's performance, I'm thinking WR.

39 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

The fact that Ringo had no desire to even take an OV to Texas and never scheduled one should tell you how little real interest he had in Texas. Any site that was saying different was just playing the game for Clickbait. Texas was never a threat or in this one. 

I don't think any site has ever said Ringo was coming. Ringo has told people he was coming to visit, but nothing more.

No big deal. There were 500 other recruits who didn't schedule a visit to Texas.

It’s still very difficult to understand how Ringo totally forgot about Texas after he spent his spring break week on UT’s campus.It seemed a foregone conclusion that he would be a longhorn. Then he takes a trip to Georgia and never seems interested in us again.

26 minutes ago, Bear19 said:

It’s still very difficult to understand how Ringo totally forgot about Texas after he spent his spring break week on UT’s campus.It seemed a foregone conclusion that he would be a longhorn. Then he takes a trip to Georgia and never seems interested in us again.

We didn't do anything defensively this year to make him think about coming here, IMO.