Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

HornSports Staff

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

3 hours ago, Slimer said:

IT had an article about Logan Parr recently.  He said he's known Lindberg and Majors for over a year from camps and such and talks with them all the time.  That'd be huge to get those 3 and add Garth.  

Keeping Majors and Lindbergh away from Stanford would be big way to send a statement for this cycle. 

4 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Keeping Majors and Lindbergh away from Stanford would be big way to send a statement for this cycle. 

When was the last time Texas beat out Stanford to land a major recruit? All I can remember over the past several years are guys who chose Stanford over Texas (Obi Eboh and Michael Williams in 2016, Walker Little in 2017, Tanner McKee in 2018, and Elijah Higgins and Branson Bragg in 2019).

6 minutes ago, TB14 said:

What position does Jackson end up playing? Saw him play twice and can’t figure out where he is a best fit. 

He'd make a good safety, or can play WR, punt returner and could even spin down to LB if he picks up weight.

10 minutes ago, tejasrulz said:

Really hope we land this young man. Even though Ducanville lost the championship game, he had the best game of anyone on that field that night.

Yeah, player like that you just get him and figure it out later. lol

Frankly, I am waiting for Java to point out the hidden gems of this class. Seems like Java was the one to say Caden Sterns would ball out this year, then said Tavandre Sweat would be the steal of this years class.

Come on Java....where ever you get your info, I have come to trust it.

18 minutes ago, oldhorn2 said:

Frankly, I am waiting for Java to point out the hidden gems of this class. Seems like Java was the one to say Caden Sterns would ball out this year, then said Tavandre Sweat would be the steal of this years class.

Well, Sterns was no secret. But Sweat did have an outstanding senior year. And in the process, he developed both in ability and physically. He can play any of the three positions on the DL and could be the NT we thought we didn't get.

But Java is very good at seeing the potential. That, or she's Mother Luv. lol

3 hours ago, TB14 said:

What position does Jackson end up playing? Saw him play twice and can’t figure out where he is a best fit. 

Isn't he Duncanville's qb?  Is he not being recruited as a qb?  With that said, I'm not too impressed with him as a quarterback.  But the kid was just a sophomore I think.  A lot can change in 2 years...

4 hours ago, oldhorn2 said:

Hi, my friend!  I have been with family since Christmas Eve. Took refuge in my bedroom for a few minutes about 15 minutes ago. I had the grandkids most of today & all day tomorrow. 

I love them dearly, but around bedtime they get really rowdy. They are 6, 4, and 2. It can get wild!

I cannot wait to finish this class, and I’m afraid I’m still basking in the afterglow of last nights win. 

I think this class, 2019, is going to be really special. You are right, T is special, and is being somewhat overlooked because he committed to us so early. If you recall, Rochon’s big bro said he lived in their backfield all night long. 

I am anxiously awaiting Bru’s announcement.

Herman’s phone will probably ring continuously between now and NSD II. 

Better go. Someone needs to talk to me. The Horns gave us a great Happy New Year. I love ‘em. 

Think T said he was up to about 275. Still solid as a rock and wearing burnt orange every day. 

Hook ‘em

3 minutes ago, Slimer said:

@Sirhornsalot any early intel for 2020 recruits?  Who do you feel real good about being in this class right now?

We're looking very good with several key OL. Good year for OL, too. And there's three big dogs that really like us.

Mookie Cooper will be a key recruitment. We still lead with him. Speed kills.

TH is in on several California recruits this cycle. Staff was early with them, hopefully pays off.

We need to get one of Zach Evans and Jase McClellan. 

Staff knows we need to score big time at DL and LB this year.