Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

HornSports Staff

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

1 hour ago, Slimer said:

Ty Jordan is getting flip picks to Utah, about to lose another one.

I honestly thought he could flip.  I like him and there couldve been a role for him, but it wouldve been hard in that back field.  You have Young (if he doesnt transfer), Ingram, RoJo (who I think stays at RB), Whittington, and Bijan. 1Sr, 1 Jr, 1 So, 1 RsFr, and 1 Fr. Add in the possibility of Dixon coming on board and even if he did sign this year he probably was going to be a transfer candidate, imo.  Thats a crowded RB room and all of them deserve time (maybe not so much young).  Bijan is a must keep at all costs.

2 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I'm just putting two and two together, but it sounds like he was told UT would go to a 4-man front.

Heard sports radio folks today  discussing that using a diversified defensive scheme would be better than strictly declaring a 3 vs 4 man front.

1 minute ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Saw the South Carolina veteran QB just transferred to Utah as a grad transfer.  I wonder if he hosted his recruiting visit as well?😀

41 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I would think that if new offers are going out, there is at least a pretty good feeling about who will be calling the defense next year. Especially involving CBs and whether they are better suited for man or zone schemes. 

Any ideas if we have a shot at this kid or anything about him other than being a 4 star from Georgia?

29 minutes ago, NEOkHorn said:

I would think that if new offers are going out, there is at least a pretty good feeling about who will be calling the defense next year. Especially involving CBs and whether they are better suited for man or zone schemes. 

Any ideas if we have a shot at this kid or anything about him other than being a 4 star from Georgia?

He decommited from FSU after Taggart was fired. Not sure how wide open he really is. 

12 hours ago, texbound said:

I honestly thought he could flip.  I like him and there couldve been a role for him, but it wouldve been hard in that back field.  You have Young (if he doesnt transfer), Ingram, RoJo (who I think stays at RB), Whittington, and Bijan. 1Sr, 1 Jr, 1 So, 1 RsFr, and 1 Fr. Add in the possibility of Dixon coming on board and even if he did sign this year he probably was going to be a transfer candidate, imo.  Thats a crowded RB room and all of them deserve time (maybe not so much young).  Bijan is a must keep at all costs.

And Derrian Brown possibly. 

Merurial LOL. That's a nice word for Zack

WHERE DOES MERCURIAL ZACK EVANS STAND?

Take Two returns with a daily offering tackling an issue in the college football landscape. Rivals.com National Recruiting Analyst Adam Gorney lays out the situation and then receives takes from Rivals.com National Recruiting Director Mike Farrell and an expert from the Rivals.com network of team sites or a regional analyst.

MORE: Did committee get it right with LSU at No. 1? | Why LSU could win it all

THE STORYLINE

There have been so many perceived frontrunners and so many surprises in the recruitment of five-star running back 

that at this point nothing is too shocking.

He’s going to commit, he’s not going to commit. The date has been set, it’s been pushed back. Texas leads, no Texas A&M does, no Georgia does, no Alabama does, no LSU has the advantage.

It’s been a long drama with the Houston (Texas) North Shore standout, but it’s becoming clear that LSU is the frontrunner in his recruitment, or at least the flavor of the month.

Rated as the fourth-best running back in the 2020 class, Evans took an official visit to Baton Rouge this season and while there still seems to be some serious flirtation with Texas A&M and others, the Tigers are consistently brought up as a top program.

Just last week it was reported that Evans was only days away from making his pledge. Then that got pushed back. The Under Armour game could be a target date now.

Can LSU land the five-star running back or are there even more twists and turns ahead?

FIRST TAKE: Sam Spiegleman, Texas and Louisiana analyst

“LSU has a sizeable lead, but with Evans, things are fluid constantly. Looking back, it was Texas and then it was Georgia and then it was Alabama and now it feels like LSU.

“He hasn’t taken any official visits since the LSU visit for the Auburn game in October. It has been the favorite ever since. That’s not to rule out Texas A&M and that’s really the only team really left in the mix. With North Shore continuing to march on in the playoffs and Signing Day getting closer, it feels like when and not if he lands at LSU.”

SECOND TAKE: Mike Farrell, National recruiting director

“LSU is definitely the team to beat. As long as they’re patient and they can put up with a lot of this, then he’ll end up at LSU. A few times, they’ve thought he was going to commit, expected him to commit and then he didn’t pull the trigger most recently in the last couple weeks.

“Now he’s expected to announce at the Under Armour game. They’re in it deep enough now that they’re going to wait. He’s a big boom-or-bust prospect, but he’s too talented for them to let go. Texas A&M will stay in there and be an option if LSU says enough of this, but LSU pretty much has this locked up

https://n.rivals.com/news/take-two-where-does-mercurial-5-star-zach-evans-stand-?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9uLnJpdmFscy5jb20v&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAIdn-IB4vQGw4Gi7JC0Oc0VYdnuHCwkt00jyP-ot7wq_UL6r2OjPJl6UC6IoDlD0XcrVgglHDd97LGYcDFHuQ_FaIwRWGmnmxb5zDOvz2EyOiDjyyrd22lq2UIAPGPWKeRLp-XmS4ljlV8pIY28gu4S6fink3RaHKE5V1oAVZZcH

5 hours ago, dillohorn said:

The portal is a cancer on football.

From a fans perspective it may be a negative for their team.  But from the players perspective, it's great.  Gives them a way out of a situation that they don't want to be in.