Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

HornSports Staff

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

1 hour ago, primal defense said:

TEXAS IS STILL IN PLAY FOR FIVE-STAR CORNERBACK KELEE RINGO

https://www.hookem.com/story/dotted-line-texas-still-play-five-star-cornerback-kelee-ringo/

I know it's not certain but I think he ends up here.  Why wouldn't he?  I mean his coach is Westbrook and we have other players from Arizona currently on the team with another big time one coming.  I don't understand those who seem to think he wouldn't be interested...

16 minutes ago, DBut82 said:

I know it's not certain but I think he ends up here.  Why wouldn't he?  I mean his coach is Westbrook and we have other players from Arizona currently on the team with another big time one coming.  I don't understand those who seem to think he wouldn't be interested...

Georgia is why.

35 minutes ago, DBut82 said:

I know what SHA is saying and completely understand.  However, I also get the feeling Texas is clearly in the mix.  I think his mom is completely on board with Texas (and she is probably the same with UGA), he likes Austin, he has a great relationship with Washington, Westbrook is likely telling him the benefits of life after football with UT (granted I dont know these as facts, but seeing and reading things over time).  I dont know, I think UT is in this one.  UGA is probably the choice, but a lot can happen between now and January 4th.  I seem to remember a time when it was tOSU and nobody else for Bijan.

29 minutes ago, texbound said:

I know what SHA is saying and completely understand.  However, I also get the feeling Texas is clearly in the mix.  I think his mom is completely on board with Texas (and she is probably the same with UGA), he likes Austin, he has a great relationship with Washington, Westbrook is likely telling him the benefits of life after football with UT (granted I dont know these as facts, but seeing and reading things over time).  I dont know, I think UT is in this one.  UGA is probably the choice, but a lot can happen between now and January 4th.  I seem to remember a time when it was tOSU and nobody else for Bijan.

Actually, the Bijan to OSU thing was born out of the Ransom to OSU thing. They're team mates and a lot of OSU folks apparently just assumed both were coming. Not sure if they thought they could create momentum with a lie, but someone tried for sure.

Now, the above is assumption based on the interviews with BR after he committed. What OSU didn't have was a Washington. They connected in all phases, including spiritually. That bond was so strong that he hasn't flinched through all the BS we've seen over the past two months.

I don't necessarily think Texas is out of it for Ringo. I think he really likes Georgia and its a hip pick (sec). But I think you're right in that there's something about Texas that has stuck around in his head, otherwise, there would be no visit at all. I think Texas better hire a DC very soon.

I'm eager to see how it plays out. 

1 hour ago, TB14 said:

TFloss or SHA, Did I see this correctly? That TFB thinks Princely may come back on board?

Yes. Apparently, he likes where things are going at UT. He's still going to visit Auburn soon. Signing during the second period.