Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

HornSports Staff

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

In a 7-0 start for Salpointe Catholic, the 6-foot, 205-pound senior has amassed 1,736 rushing yards and 31 touchdowns on just 76 carries. That means Robinson is likely to hit the 2,000-yard mark with less than 100 carries.

https://www.maxpreps.com/news/uWcdBBgg4UqYf5KnfppPeg/highlights--texas-running-back-commit-bijan-robinson-could-hit-2,000-yards-in-under-100-carries.htm

Catalina Foothills first-year coach Darius Kelly has to feel good about his team.

The Falcons (3-5) shook off a brutal 1-3 start and toppled then-undefeated Cactus before standing toe-to-toe with Canyon del Oro in a 34-21 loss. For the past four weeks, they have been without star quarterback Conner Alubowicz due to an ankle injury. Yet, with linebacker Will Parker doubling as a signal caller, the offense has not only survived but thrived, averaging over 30 points per game.

“He’s been doing unbelievably well these past couple of weeks,” Kelly said.

As a reward, Catalina Foothills gets Salpointe Catholic (7-0) and a week of Bijan Robinson-fueled nightmares.

No one has figured out how to stop, or even slow, the five-star running back committed to Texas. Robinson has rushed for 1,736 yards on 76 carries, scoring 34 total touchdowns this fall. It has been a fitting cap to a sterling career, which already includes the most rushing yards, touchdowns and points scored of any big-school — Classes 4A, 5A and 6A — player in Arizona history.

Already, he’s left some of Tucson’s best coaches shaking their heads.

“He could play anywhere,” said Sahuaro coach Scott McKee, who led the Cougars to a state semifinal appearance last year, after this year’s 58-13 loss to Salpointe. “He could be the best receiver in the city, the best tailback in the city. If you put him at safety, he’d be the best safety in the city. He’s a once-in-a-lifetime guy.”

CDO coach Dustin Peace, who guided the Dorados to a state title in 2009, issued similar compliments after a 35-0 loss in which Robinson rushed for over 250 yards and four touchdowns on just 12 carries last week.

“At any time he can go (for a touchdown),” Peace said.

https://tucson.com/sports/highschool/high-school-football-notebook-the-bijan-wrecking-ball-heads-for/article_6ae5885a-62e2-5f10-9833-2dce7b5c7ece.html

Rumor is that during the Kansas game, Princely had a snap that said something like he couldn't believe what he was watching, and that our defense was "ridiculous".

Honestly, I can't say I blame him. I'm pretty sure I said way worse than that during the game.

2 hours ago, utb040713 said:

Rumor is that during the Kansas game, Princely had a snap that said something like he couldn't believe what he was watching, and that our defense was "ridiculous".

Honestly, I can't say I blame him. I'm pretty sure I said way worse than that during the game.

I imagine competitors have  pretty good fodder for our defensive recruits.  

2 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

CB Ethan Pouncey told OrangeBloods he's solid and enrolling in January.

FWIW.

So he's gone then. lol

Brainiacs saying Pouncey may be talking with Florida.

Fillinger is talking with Utah.

This must be what aggy feels like every year during decommit season.