Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

HornSports Staff

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

4 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

OL Ty'kieast Crawford of Carthage de-commits from Arkansas.

Hard to know what'll happen since he's rumored to be a grade risk, but A&M and LSU are up there.

https://247sports.com/Player/Tykieast-Crawford-46042429/

Kinda of a big deal to us, since Arkie no longer has Crawford to talk Dixon out of decommitting. I think Dixon will be a flip for the good guys soon.

On 10/11/2019 at 1:02 PM, Sirhornsalot said:

My initial reaction is that the staff must be snakebit by the lack of depth they currently have in the RB department. There may also be some insight into the possible return, or not, of Brown. And also you consider that Ingram might be an early departure for the NFL. They may also view Ty Jordan as someone who can do multiple things – PR, KR, slot, etc., 

So the lack of depth has the potential to continue to be a thorn in their side.

Throw in that they're probably very intrigued with Bradford because he's a back with unique skills, I can see it.

Sometimes you see something and you just go with it. Maybe thats what is happening here.

Ingram leaving early for NFL? That’s not happening. Transfer out is a higher probability. Hoping Bradford or another TB is 230 lbs bc we are missing a hammer in this team, someone that can get the hard yards on inside zone 

20 minutes ago, LAHORN said:

Josh and LV...

...fallout from the game?? 

No. Josh has been flirting with OU for awhile. They're pushing their light depth chart at CB.

LV is in his own world out there on the west coast. 

41 minutes ago, TheContractor said:

Ingram leaving early for NFL? That’s not happening. Transfer out is a higher probability. Hoping Bradford or another TB is 230 lbs bc we are missing a hammer in this team, someone that can get the hard yards on inside zone 

I'd trust RJ in short yardage. Give him a blocking HBack. Guy can put his foot in the ground and go north/south. And he's only a frosh. Next year another 10 lbs and he's just what you want. 

20 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

No. Josh has been flirting with OU for awhile. They're pushing their light depth chart at CB.

LV is in his own world out there on the west coast. 

We should be pushing our light ability to every CB recruit

16 minutes ago, wadster said:

I'd trust RJ in short yardage. Give him a blocking HBack. Guy can put his foot in the ground and go north/south. And he's only a frosh. Next year another 10 lbs and he's just what you want. 

True if he stays at RB. 6-2, 235# soph RB works 

Some of those sacks were on the RBs (not picking up the blitz), some on the OL and some were on Sam. Even though the ou DBs were holding the Texas WRs most the game, he has to throw the ball away rather than take a 7 to 8 yard sack.