Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

HornSports Staff

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

2 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

I'll leave it at this...

- if Dixon has a chance to flip to Texas in November/December and be with his brother, and he decides to stay with a team that might be firing their coach for a 3-9 type of season, then that will be one of the more incredibly loyal and highly questionable decisions I've seen in a very long time. Maybe he can room with Jalen Catalon.

He might hate his brother. lol

Waiting for months on end just to accept a commitment from someone you offered almost a year before is good reason for teenage butt hurt, especially when you've laid out the evidence in every game. Arkansas is SEC and kids like that. See Dewah Whaley who we also lost to pig. The slow play has already been played. Insult isn't far away.

- I'm always for the idea of taking a Texas kid over an OOS kid if they're comparable, but I believe Bunkley-Shelton is just that much better and worth waiting for if you're getting good vibes. Like I said above, because of that reason, taking Dixon now would be a premature move and ill-advised imo. This isn't like Jaxon Smith-Njigba telling you he wants in and you don't ask questions. Scholarship numbers are too tight.

Texas kicking the tires on Dixon now tells me the odds of the hyphenated one coming for that visit are declining or its up in the air now. 

7 hours ago, 83Dee said:

What position do our coaches project him at Texas?

He's pretty versatile. Has played WR, CB, S, QB, RB at Carthage. Extremely quick, has some jitter and has an "it" factor. Just makes plays. Wants the ball.

He could project to slot, he has the quicks and the hands for that. He could also project to the defensive secondary though.

Per The Football Brainiacs, DE Princely Umanmielen (Manor) and CB Joshua Eaton (Aldine MacArthur) will officially visit OU this weekend.

Umanmielen had this official visit scheduled before he committed to Texas, and he's decided to follow through with it.

35 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

Per The Football Brainiacs, DE Princely Umanmielen (Manor) and CB Joshua Eaton (Aldine MacArthur) will officially visit OU this weekend.

Umanmielen had this official visit scheduled before he committed to Texas, and he's decided to follow through with it.

Do these guys know that it’s 4:45 and ou still sucks?

9 hours ago, shotime73 said:

I know that Herman said they were planning on taking 25 in this class.. They need to plan real carefully with how they gonna handle Dixon or make it worth the wait with LVBS

I hope not 25 as around six players would have to leave. I can not think of that many that would not be missed can you?

9 hours ago, shotime73 said:

I know that Herman said they were planning on taking 25 in this class.. They need to plan real carefully with how they gonna handle Dixon or make it worth the wait with LVBS

6 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

We'll see this is the thing horn.. we got the 21 class coming up and it's going to be really fun recruiting in that class..but we also have to look at the injuries that has occurred and other guys that they are trying to season in with the team. Sometimes you have to nip it in the bud and look at if Dixon wants in good. But I rather choose quality over quantity at this stage.