Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

HornSports Staff

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

46 minutes ago, LAHORN said:

my money's on jordan

I hope it is. I have liked Jordan ever since I saw some phone video from last year's summer camp. He has some serious athleticism. 

12 hours ago, Hookemfan91 said:

Evans was nowhere to be found tonight 

I don’t know if these stats were for the whole game but 10 carries for 37 yards? and one of those was a 25 yard TD run. 

If Evans is the next coming of AD he better pick up the pace. Peterson rushed for 2,960 yards his Sr year on 252 carries. 

I just had the pleasure of attending Bijan Robinson's opening game and holy crap he is something.  The first play on offense Bijan took a pitch to the left and took it 43 yards for a touchdown. He has so many gears that he can shift that he reminded me of Gayle Sayers which is the standard. He was so exciting that a elderly lady feinted on the play. The medics came and she was okay.

The team the Lancers were playing was no good and I left at halftime when it was 49-0. Bijan did not play the final series of the first half and I hope the coach doesn't play him in the second half.

My unofficial stats for Bijan were

1st carry 43 yards TD

2 carry 8 yards

3 11 yards TD

4 2 yards TD

5  3 yards

6  16 yards

7 9 yards TD

Total 7- carries 93 yards 13.2 yards per carry 4 TD's

Latham Ransom caught a 57 yard pass and fumbled a punt. I was watching him on defense in case he switches to UT.

I would like to see Bijan against a stronger team, however I'm excited for him to join the team next year if not sooner with all the injuries.

12 hours ago, RickyFlair said:

I don’t know if these stats were for the whole game but 10 carries for 37 yards? and one of those was a 25 yard TD run. 

If Evans is the next coming of AD he better pick up the pace. Peterson rushed for 2,960 yards his Sr year on 252 carries. 

I think he really bad game for bad mouthing UT. Karma is a bitch.:)

1) WHERE WERE THE PLAYS FOR CHOSEN 25 RUNNING BACK ZACH EVANS?

North Shore’s Zach Evans entered the season as the nation’s top-ranked running back. He’s the top overall high school football prospect in ESPN’s rankings and No. 2 in our Chosen 25. And yet, he hardly saw the football in the critical second half. Evans had just one touch in the third quarter, couldn’t find ways to get open in the running or passing game, and watched helplessly as Katy’s pressure badgered junior four-star quarterback Dematrius Davis. All of which begs the question: What were they doing offensively? What kind of a game plan looks to pass on first and second down when your team has the best running back in the country? It’s a question that surely will haunt North Shore … and all but certainly costs the Mustangs any chance at a Super 25 national title.

https://usatodayhss.com/2019/katy-tops-north-shore-24-21-texas-high-school-football

7 minutes ago, Big Daddy Cane said:

From someone who is in attendance at the game tonight, Collins getting a lot of hugs and attention from the coaching staff. Seems to think he commited to the good guys. We'll see if any truth to it!

I'm hearing alot of buzz about it now. We will see what happens

On 8/30/2019 at 8:38 PM, primal defense said:

I just had the pleasure of attending Bijan Robinson's opening game and holy crap he is something.  The first play on offense Bijan took a pitch to the left and took it 43 yards for a touchdown. He has so many gears that he can shift that he reminded me of Gayle Sayers which is the standard. He was so exciting that a elderly lady feinted on the play. The medics came and she was okay.

The team the Lancers were playing was no good and I left at halftime when it was 49-0. Bijan did not play the final series of the first half and I hope the coach doesn't play him in the second half.

My unofficial stats for Bijan were

1st carry 43 yards TD

2 carry 8 yards

3 11 yards TD

4 2 yards TD

5  3 yards

6  16 yards

7 9 yards TD

Total 7- carries 93 yards 13.2 yards per carry 4 TD's

Latham Ransom caught a 57 yard pass and fumbled a punt. I was watching him on defense in case he switches to UT.

I would like to see Bijan against a stronger team, however I'm excited for him to join the team next year if not sooner with all the injuries.

Here are the highlights from the game. It looks like Bijan took the second half ko back for a TD. The final score was 63-6.

5 hours ago, UTfish said:

SHA, do you expect Collins and Jordan to announce today? 

Jordan is an unknown. Kate's made an appearance for him, but last I heard his mom was sick and unfortunately the "C" word is involved. When things are better, he'll pull the trigger. Just don't know when that will be. He is doing the right thing though.

Collins, I've heard, is having second thoughts about extending the recruitment. So it could happen tomorrow. Next week. Next month. I just haven't heard any more than that.