Daniel Seahorn

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

9 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I'm sorry, but a senior in high school SHOULD be able to use the correct form of the word break. Probably has a part time job at JustBrakes.

I was wondering how to pronounce that last name. 

In all fairness, maybe he really did need to transfer to a school with a higher academic standard in order to pass the SAT. Otherwise, he could end up like Devonaire Clarington, forced to take the Junior College route.

5 hours ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

What private schools in north Houston are viable given Demas' economic circumstances? Any award athletic scholarships like All Saints and Bishop Lynch?

The one I heard discussed was located in Tomball, but I can't recall the name.

4 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

The one I heard discussed was located in Tomball, but I can't recall the name.

He is going to stay at Tomball and focus on trying to stay/become eligible to play college ball.  Had he stayed at North Forest he was 100% headed for Juco.

22 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I'm sorry, but a senior in high school SHOULD be able to use the correct form of the word break. Probably has a part time job at JustBrakes.

No doubt. 

If I recall correctly wasnt there some buzz around Byron Hanspard that he couldnt read after graduating Tech? 

If true you have to wonder how that is even possible.  Maybe it was someone else from Tech but I believe it was Hanspard.  My memory isnt that great in my old age.

Dexter Manley of OSU was another

22 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Well, waiting for Part 2 has me on the edge of my seat.  Nah, I’ll just focus on the AB helmet saga instead:D 

11 hours ago, DMAC said:

No doubt. 

If I recall correctly wasnt there some buzz around Byron Hanspard that he couldnt read after graduating Tech? 

If true you have to wonder how that is even possible.  Maybe it was someone else from Tech but I believe it was Hanspard.  My memory isnt that great in my old age.

Dexter Manley of OSU was another

Yes, it was BHan...I can vouch. I was at Tech in 94 when he came in as a freshman. After he went pro it was reported that he had a GPA of 1 point something or another. He basically didn't go to class his entire time in Lubbock...

6 hours ago, DBut82 said:

Yes, it was BHan...I can vouch. I was at Tech in 94 when he came in as a freshman. After he went pro it was reported that he had a GPA of 1 point something or another. He basically did go to class his entire time in Lubbock...

I think he didn’t go to class the entire final semester - knowing he was going pro at season’s end.   

There was some controversy as to whether or not he should be able to play in the bowl game after the semester ended. 

1 hour ago, 83Dee said:

I think he didn’t go to class the entire final semester - knowing he was going pro at season’s end.   

There was some controversy as to whether or not he should be able to play in the bowl game after the semester ended. 

Dee, I think his GPA was 0.00 that last semester, so you are spot-on.

10 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Back to recruiting . . . . 

I find it funny that all the Sooner boards are talking about how huge of a get this would be for them, meanwhile all the Horn sites are saying he is a raw project. That alone shows the difference in programs on that side of the ball lol.