Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

HornSports Staff

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

Daniel, in ur opinion, do you think we get Alford without Eaton?

i am just not seeing it with Eaton. He isn’t bad but he isn’t elite. I would say maybe boundary safety but he is not physical enough. I would say field safety but he is no way fast enough. He is an ok boundary CB that might be able to jam a WR at the line but I don’t think he can flip his hips and stay with him. You just can’t put him on an island as a field CB. A the same time , I’m not saying he will give up a TD every play either, just he is just below good in all categories. 

5 minutes ago, TheContractor said:

i am just not seeing it with Eaton. He isn’t bad but he isn’t elite. I would say maybe boundary safety but he is not physical enough. I would say field safety but he is no way fast enough. He is an ok boundary CB that might be able to jam a WR at the line but I don’t think he can flip his hips and stay with him. You just can’t put him on an island as a field CB. A the same time , I’m not saying he will give up a TD every play either, just he is just below good in all categories. 

I think we get Eaton Friday.

Eaton is fast. His speed is one of the things that stick out about him. He's a little raw in technique but thats fixable (coachable). There's a ton of potential with Eaton and he will most definitely redshirt to get those skills down before he hits game time.

We will add another DB after Eaton, but only if his name is Ringo.

22 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Any idea what he will do?

Unanimous vote. Wow. 

He tweeted he was staying at Tomball. Not sure I wouldn’t let him play. He upgrades his academics, tomball isn’t a good team, and a much safer community. Sucks for him. 

this is am old story. I put something up about this last year , or at least months ago and asked what the deal was?...Nobody knew much. I dont think anyone thought it would come to pass(me included), but there it is. I think it had something to do with the number of times he has transferred school to school, but I dont remember. I dont think it is in any way a character reason, just that the UIL sees him as a sort of mercenary. I will try and find out what I used to know about this. When you get this old you change from saying I wish I knew then what I know now to I wish I knew now what I knew then....

22 minutes ago, TB14 said:

I don't know anything about the circumstances of the U.I.L. ruling. I don't know the history of Demas. That been said, the article was obviously slanted. It makes you wonder about the writer's objectivity. 

4 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Any idea what he will do?

Unanimous vote. Wow. 

If he was denied by the Executive committee it usually indicates the move was deemed “for athletic reasons”. When that happens the student can’t play at any UIL school for one calendar year. 

2 hours ago, RickyFlair said:

If he was denied by the Executive committee it usually indicates the move was deemed “for athletic reasons”. When that happens the student can’t play at any UIL school for one calendar year. 

And it was a 6-0 vote, so you have to think they were informed in some way.

By contrast, I've heard he didn't have the best home life and I have no idea if this is true, but I saw his former school, Houston North Forest, described as a shit show on another board.

I think North Forest is in the 1960 area on the north side, which was once a pretty nice little community. I haven't been through there in years though.

2 hours ago, TexCoyote said:

I think BC did another Shhhhhhhhh

I can confirm thats not true. Nothing on his twitter page.

There is some noise elsewhere that Ty Jordan will be pulling the trigger very soon. 

3 hours ago, RickyFlair said:

Hell, Tomball was only 6-5 last year and is hardly a football powerhouse.

It's not like he moved to Katy, North Shore, or The Woodlands. But, the optics of moving in with a coach looks bad. I don't doubt that Demas was trying to improve his life, including academics.

You can always look up the North Forrest school rating on the TEA website under accountability ratings. 

It won’t tell you how many fights they have a day, how many kids are in his classes (usually average class size is skewed toward the lower end), what chaos is going on in the classroom, etc.

You are saying he cannot go back to North Forrest and play?  If so, it sounds like his only option is to stay in Tomball. 

10 hours ago, TheContractor said:

I’m not sure. I’m with you on Eaton though. He’s all projection right now and needs a lot of time in the incubator. 

9 minutes ago, java said:

You can always look up the North Forrest school rating on the TEA website under accountability ratings. 

It won’t tell you how many fights they have a day, how many kids are in his classes (usually average class size is skewed toward the lower end), what chaos is going on in the classroom, etc.

You are saying he cannot go back to North Forrest and play?  If so, it sounds like his only option is to stay in Tomball. 

I believe he could go back to NF and play, but considering how this played out he probably won’t and I can’t say I blame him. 

36 minutes ago, java said:

I looked up the UIL State Executive Committee minutes from today. Tomball ISD was appealing a decision of the District Executive Committee that rule a student had moved for “Athletic Purposes” the appeal was denied. 

That means the student can’t play at Tomball or the HS they transferred from. They are not allowed to participate in any UIL activity for one calendar year. 

That really stinks for the kid. 

4 minutes ago, RickyFlair said:

I looked up the UIL State Executive Committee minutes from today. Tomball ISD was appealing a decision of the District Executive Committee that rule a student had moved for “Athletic Purposes” the appeal was denied. 

That means the student can’t play at Tomball or the HS they transferred from. They are not allowed to participate in any UIL activity for one calendar year. 

That really stinks for the kid. 

I hear he's considering private school. Not sure how that works but thats what I hear.

He won’t lose his ability.  If he stays with his trainer, he will probably eat healthier, work out 24/7, and fill in any academic gaps that could have held him back. 

It might actually help him. Any timing issues can be worked out fairly quickly. 

If I were the kid, and it were possible, I would throw myself into working out and academics, graduate in December and enroll. Screw it!