Daniel Seahorn

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

3 minutes ago, Slimer said:

Going to need you to make a call on this one.

We've been in contact with him. Its become more serious than it was. Though not much noise on Texas boards, Roach and Wells retweeted this. Roach has hinted at this for a few weeks.

IT recently said "there might be an exciting development on that front" (WR position)

The kid is higher ranked than Johnston.

I think the recruiting momentum is being noticed and could start something here.

Additionally, it's not over with Josh White. And an outstanding LB is all this class needs to be historic.

29 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

We've been in contact with him. Its become more serious than it was. Though not much noise on Texas boards, Roach and Wells retweeted this. Roach has hinted at this for a few weeks.

IT recently said "there might be an exciting development on that front" (WR position)

I think the recruiting momentum is being noticed and could start something here.

Additionally, it's not over with Josh White. And an outstanding LB is all this class needs to be historic.

If it's who I think it is on the WR position..he is taking notice

11 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Texas has been quietly recruiting him. There seems to be some mutual interest, but how much is unclear.

I believe alot of it could be behind the scenes where they are being careful on how the cards are being played on this one

on both people yall are talking about and a few others, imo, there will be a lot of clarity on Sept 8th. Beat Lsu and the the door opens so wide we will need bouncers to keep kids out. 

JSN is a really good prospect but puzzling as to where he would play. He has good build at around 6-1, 200. He isnt overly fast to play ZWR. He isnt big enough to play XWR. I would start him at Slot. He is elusive/quick but not a jitter bug. The thing he does very well is find the endzone, he just has a knack for it. He isnt your Jake Smith slot and he isnt LJH but he would succeed very well in Hermans slot. I would love him in slot in 4 WR set, he can catch in short and break tackles and go or go deep. very talented but just not a clean projection as to which WR spot. solid 4* Imo. Clear take without question. 

Edit: forgot to add, really good hands and seems like a good route runner. Athletic as hell. 

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

So we’ve got 17 now, and there’s a good chance we’ll have Ty Jordan and Josh Eaton in the next week or so. That would put us at 19 commits in a class where 22 is probably the limit.

If my notes are correct, the staff is targeting White, Smith-Njigba, CTJ, Ransom, Rogers, and McClellan as flip candidates (with varying degrees of likeliness), and are in a good position for Hester, LVBS, and Collins. Seems like the staff is going to have to be very picky about this, especially since the “conventional wisdom” is to leave a couple spots open for guys who break out during their senior year like Ojomo, or “big fish” who unexpectedly want to get on board.

4 minutes ago, utb040713 said:

So we’ve got 17 now, and there’s a good chance we’ll have Ty Jordan and Josh Eaton in the next week or so. That would put us at 19 commits in a class where 22 is probably the limit.

If my notes are correct, the staff is targeting White, Smith-Njigba, CTJ, Ransom, Rogers, and McClellan as flip candidates (with varying degrees of likeliness), and are in a good position for Hester, LVBS, and Collins. Seems like the staff is going to have to be very picky about this, especially since the “conventional wisdom” is to leave a couple spots open for guys who break out during their senior year like Ojomo, or “big fish” who unexpectedly want to get on board.

Collins, Jordan, and sounds like Eaton can be penciled in IMO.  I think you have to save 1-2 spots in case we flip or land a big fish.  Fingers crossed on Josh White.

2 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

SHA, was QJ's commitment today your second Kate appearance or was that for another who has yet to go public?  Seems like Eaton and Jordan are just a matter of time.

1 hour ago, Texas2725 said:

SHA, was QJ's commitment today your second Kate appearance or was that for another who has yet to go public?  Seems like Eaton and Jordan are just a matter of time.

I don't think Kate is done yet

2 hours ago, utb040713 said:

I believe there’ll be attrition and they can take 24ish

16 minutes ago, Slimer said:

Could just be a rumor, but a poster in Surly is saying Herman is making a move on a 5* committed to aggy.

Straight savagery from Herman, what thread on surly did you see that in?

2 hours ago, Texas2725 said:

Yes, that was the second one.

Eaton happens next Friday.

26 minutes ago, Slimer said:

Could just be a rumor, but a poster in Surly is saying Herman is making a move on a 5* committed to aggy.

Has got to be Demond Demas.

We're done at safety as far as I know, so can't be Jaylon Jones. I like Jones best out of all of aggy commits.

We already have two QBs, so not Haynes King.

1 hour ago, RickyFlair said:

i need some help remembering something.

On June 28 I was glancing at a Texas recruitment board and everyone was in full blown panic that our Horns were NOT going to have a good class. 

Was that on this site or some other site with posters of lesser intelligence and belief?

We were all in alignment with the Texas recruiting strategy. :rolleyes:

22 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Has got to be Demond Demas.

We're done at safety as far as I know, so can't be Jaylon Jones. I like Jones best out of all of aggy commits.

We already have two QBs, so not Haynes King.

You never know what Herman got up his sleeve

1 hour ago, Slimer said:

There is very little, if anything, that you can take seriously from any poster on Surly. And saying "very little" is giving them much benefit of the doubt.The only thing you will read on Surly that is worth reading is when someone posts premium content from another site. 

1 hour ago, RickyFlair said:

i need some help remembering something.

On June 28 I was glancing at a Texas recruitment board and everyone was in full blown panic that our Horns were NOT going to have a good class. 

Was that on this site or some other site with posters of lesser intelligence and belief?

If you’re looking for logic and reason on a fan forum, you’re in for a long quest.  

13 hours ago, Slimer said:

This is good, but let me add 3 more that I've seen on a regular basis lately.

1.  Don't care, got Jimbo.

2.  Trust in Jimbo.

3.  Aggy practices are hard and some recruits just aren't cut out for it and would rather go to Texas where things are easier.

Does that also apply when they knock off early due to poor attitude, yada, yada?

Saw on surly horns somebody said on IT that the staff did a bad job of recruiting Jaxon at first. He’s always liked UT and he went down to UT his sophomore year with a carrolton DB and the staff was showing more interest in the DB rather than Jaxon. The guy said he got a text from Jaxon’s dad that said they’re interested in listening to Texas’s pitch. He’s been building a relationship with Mehringer and so far it’s been going good