Daniel Seahorn

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

Q Johnson, Alford, Jordan, and maybe Eaton all seem like they're about to drop.  I think Eaton is a good kid with good athleticism, but am wondering if we should slow his recruitment down a bit in case Rogers comes back around to us and based on the mess going on at Florida.

1 hour ago, Texas2725 said:

Q Johnson, Alford, Jordan, and maybe Eaton all seem like they're about to drop.  I think Eaton is a good kid with good athleticism, but am wondering if we should slow his recruitment down a bit in case Rogers comes back around to us and based on the mess going on at Florida.

Yes that would be ideal but he is ready to commit , now or never probably. I agree with you, I would like to wait but that’s apparently isn’t an option 

Per Aggy boards ALford just got off the phone with Jimbo. Plans on speaking to Herman later tonight. He then plans to sit down with his family to discuss making his decision.... Sounds like no final decision has been made. This could still go either way.

2 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Per Aggy boards ALford just got off the phone with Jimbo. Plans on speaking to Herman later tonight. He then plans to sit down with his family to discuss making his decision.... Sounds like no final decision has been made. This could still go either way.

Yikes. I do, however, like our chances much more than just a few days ago. 

19 hours ago, bevotee said:

He's the one I've been most nervous about, despite his ranking he has seemed completely open to choosing a school like TCU or OSU.  Sure hope he picks the good guys.

Now where are we going to find some LBs?

I think we may be done at LB. Would gladly welcome a flip from Josh White but we are not actively pursuing any LBs that we have a chance with.

We seem somewhat thin at the position currently but have a lot of young guys who will be coming up through the system in the next few years. Probably a few that redshirt this year so we will have plenty of options going forward.

21 minutes ago, BWilk55 said:

I think we may be done at LB. Would gladly welcome a flip from Josh White but we are not actively pursuing any LBs that we have a chance with.

We seem somewhat thin at the position currently but have a lot of young guys who will be coming up through the system in the next few years. Probably a few that redshirt this year so we will have plenty of options going forward.

Don’t think they are done, but I think they are going to take the diligent approach and see if the right guy pops up this fall. 

19 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Don’t think they are done, but I think they are going to take the diligent approach and see if the right guy pops up this fall. 

They seem to like the JC route with LB's. And I can't complain with their choices so far.

2 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Talking to CTH last, I like that scenario.

2 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Perhaps. Then again, coming from aggy boards, that could be spinning. I wouldn't trust anything from them. Their record of Pinocchios and new discovered national championships speaks for itself. 😊