Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

HornSports Staff

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

Another surprise with Princely dropping for the good guys today. Princely U has been all over the map between Texas, A&M, and OU, but ends up staying home. 

Texas has a chance to sweep the in-state targets on the defensive line with Alfred Collins being the lone target remaining. 

1 hour ago, LAHORN said:

Not that we care, but up 3 spots to #6.

I care. I’m stoked!

Optics matter, and it’s always good for recruits to see big Mo runnin’ with the good guys.

Hook’em!  \\m//

The staff is a 1000x smarter about football prospects that i am, probably more. I just dont see it with Princely U. He is big, way bigger than 6-4, 250. He wants to play DE and not 4i, so not sure how crazy motivated he will be bc imo, he can't play 4i that well. I dont think he is fast enough and will get enough push vs the pass. He can be a decent run defender and occupy 2 blockers well. i feel his ideal position is Nose, kind of like T-Vondre Sweat. Sweat was listed around the same size prior to his Sr year(and that wasnt the case either, haha). If Princely wants to play Nose and is able to add 60 lbs, i really like that potential. If his heart isnt sent on playing inside and wants to play the Roach/Charles O. end, i just dont see it. He cant change direction nearly as well as both of those guys.  I hope i am very wrong and he kicks ass for 4 years here. 

QB(2)- 🤘🏽Card & 🤘🏽JQJ

RB(2)- 🤘🏽Bijan, Jase, Jordan, 

H-Back/TE/Ath(1) - 🤘🏽Hullaby 

WR X (1)-  Hester, Wilson

WR Z(1) - Johnston(can play X also)

WR H(1) - JVBS, Mookie, DevonA

OL(4/5) - 🤘🏽Garth,🤘🏽Majors,.

🤘🏽Parr, 🤘🏽Andrej

DL(3/4) - Collins,🤘🏽Fillinger,    

🤘🏽Broughton, 🤘🏽Princley, Carlton, Gulliory 

B-LB(1) -🤘🏽Prince

ILB(1/2) - White, Flowe, Scott, Sellers 

CB(2/3) - Ringo, 🤘🏽Pouncey, Eaton, Jahari, 🤘🏽Crawford

S(2/3) - CTJ, 🤘🏽JThompson, Washington, Ransom, Alford

4 hours ago, TheContractor said:

The staff is a 1000x smarter about football prospects that i am, probably more. I just dont see it with Princely U. He is big, way bigger than 6-4, 250. He wants to play DE and not 4i, so not sure how crazy motivated he will be bc imo, he can't play 4i that well. I dont think he is fast enough and will get enough push vs the pass. He can be a decent run defender and occupy 2 blockers well. i feel his ideal position is Nose, kind of like T-Vondre Sweat. Sweat was listed around the same size prior to his Sr year(and that wasnt the case either, haha). If Princely wants to play Nose and is able to add 60 lbs, i really like that potential. If his heart isnt sent on playing inside and wants to play the Roach/Charles O. end, i just dont see it. He cant change direction nearly as well as both of those guys.  I hope i am very wrong and he kicks ass for 4 years here. 

I haven't even watched his film, but his testing numbers look solid.  His shuttle time (under 4.4) implies that he's got some quickness.  Seems like a project, but if you believe in your staff then those are good risks to take.

Rivals released their revised numbers today. What a joke. Unfortunately it affected the 24/7 composite.

Texas didn't move, all our 5, 4 and 3 stars stayed where they were, save their individual ratings.

Aggy, however, grew two more five-stars. Jaylon Jones, okay. Haynes King, no friggin way.

3 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Rivals released their revised numbers today. What a joke. Unfortunately it affected the 24/7 composite.

Texas didn't move, all our 5, 4 and 3 stars stayed where they were, save their individual ratings.

Aggy, however, grew two more five-stars. Jaylon Jones, okay. Haynes King, no friggin way.

Yup I saw that, straight ridiculous. Rivals was good back in the day but now it’s garbage 

34 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Did CBS Sports buy Rivals? Or was that Scout Inc?