Jump to content

Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

HornSports Staff

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

Recommended Posts

Apparently Eaton and Alford are friends and want to play together. Again, no idea what coaches are thinking but I don’t want to take Eaton to get Alford at this point. Maybe after 3-4 HS SR year games and evaluate them more. New prospects will emerge and if we have a good year we can maybe get in on a some other bad asses(Ringo :wub: or Rodgers or ??). If Auburn falls apart or Samples comes back b4 NSD does CTJ become available again? 

Then again we go 8-4 and we don’t get a couple we have now maybe. 

I hope staff is patient 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, TheContractor said:

Apparently Eaton and Alford are friends and want to play together. Again, no idea what coaches are thinking but I don’t want to take Eaton to get Alford at this point. Maybe after 3-4 HS SR year games and evaluate them more. New prospects will emerge and if we have a good year we can maybe get in on a some other bad asses(Ringo :wub: or Rodgers or ??). If Auburn falls apart or Samples comes back b4 NSD does CTJ become available again? 

Then again we go 8-4 and we don’t get a couple we have now maybe. 

I hope staff is patient 

Is there rumors Samples is coming back? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TexCoyote said:

Is there rumors Samples is coming back? 

None that I know of but he clearly is an asset and has ties to Texas and this staff. I assume it would have to be as an in field WR coach 

sorry I didnt mean to throw that out there. But Auburn could fall apart 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Monsieur ATX said:

@Daniel Seahorn how’s the staff doing on S Xavion Alford?

At the The Opening all I heard was that if Alabama wanted him they would get him. Texas has picked things up with him more lately as the board has shaken out, but if him and Eaton are tied at the hip I’m not sure he ends up at Texas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

At the The Opening all I heard was that if Alabama wanted him they would get him. Texas has picked things up with him more lately as the board has shaken out, but if him and Eaton are tied at the hip I’m not sure he ends up at Texas.

On 8/9/19, I like the sound of that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

He'll probably move his announcement date back. Brainiacs say he's going back and forth between Texas and aggy. One day they lead, the next we lead. He's torn.

Its a no brainer to me but what do I know?

 

I thought I read on TFB today that Alford was considering moving up his announcement. But then again I'm on the free side, that info could be a few days old and you know how 17 year olds are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

At the The Opening all I heard was that if Alabama wanted him they would get him. Texas has picked things up with him more lately as the board has shaken out, but if him and Eaton are tied at the hip I’m not sure he ends up at Texas.

I’m a bit behind and don’t have time for catch-up reading.... is Eaton a take, minus Alford?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 83Dee said:

I’m a bit behind and don’t have time for catch-up reading.... is Eaton a take, minus Alford?

Some people think he is , others don’t. He has potential and good size. 

Not sure what the staff thinks. I think no as of today, Bc a) I want to see SR year film, if he has improved enough. b) I think if we beat Lsu, have a good year (win big 12/11 wins) better doors will open. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 83Dee said:

I’m a bit behind and don’t have time for catch-up reading.... is Eaton a take, minus Alford?

DB Recruiting has been really weird this cycle. They offered Eaton awhile back, but haven’t really gone all in on recruiting him for much of the process. That indicates that he may not have been a take for awhile, but could potentially be one now. In  other words it’s a fluid situation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...


×
×
  • Create New...