Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

38 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Roach saying he's expecting us to land Jordan soon.

He said the Quentin Johnston race is closer than he had thought. TCU is making a strong push. Their recruiter is OU-ex Malcom Kelly. Said he would pick Texas today but that could change. Thinks Johnston will decide soon.

QJ is very very important in this class. He can play X or Z and is a game changer WR. I love the idea of having X,Z and TE that are >6-4. Need to continue to add quality at every position and restock.  It landing him would be a failure at WR in 2020. Imo QJ isn’t that far behind DDemas in terms of talent but a good bit better than Hester. 

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Okay, spoke to my friend this evening. Lots of good stuff. – The recent run on commits is enabling the staff to circle back and revisit some other recruitments that most think/thought are lost. N

Hello everyone. I just popped in to say hello. Since my crazy ass haven't been in here in almost Coons age due to alot of personal issues family related I've been having to go through and having to wo

Saw Herman speak today at a luncheon at the Headliners club here in Austin.  He did say that we would make room for 1 more OL commit in 2020 and that those of us who follow recruiting would know who h

Posted Images

It's a tad perplexing to think this race for QJ is as tight as it is with TCU. They have 3 WRs committed already. I get it...he'd be THE guy there, but you could still be THE guy in Austin with a legit shot at making the playoffs year in, year out. AND, we have no WRs in the fold. I know there are tons of other reasons. Just paint me a little frustrated we can't lock down a top-tier WR. 

5 hours ago, TheContractor said:

QJ is very very important in this class. He can play X or Z and is a game changer WR. I love the idea of having X,Z and TE that are >6-4. Need to continue to add quality at every position and restock.  It landing him would be a failure at WR in 2020. Imo QJ isn’t that far behind DDemas in terms of talent but a good bit better than Hester. 

Back to school time.... what’s the difference between X and Z?  What are the different skill sets required?

Back in the day you had a WR and a SE (split end).  The SE played on the line and the WR off the line.  Both were split out.  I’n Guessing X and Z are UT jargon for WR and SE?

4 hours ago, 83Dee said:

Back to school time.... what’s the difference between X and Z?  What are the different skill sets required?

Back in the day you had a WR and a SE (split end).  The SE played on the line and the WR off the line.  Both were split out.  I’n Guessing X and Z are UT jargon for WR and SE?

Old school vs new school football, I get it man. I grew up old school too, but use the the new school now. New school there is a ton of overlap so players do more things they are good at. 

ZWR is traditionally your Flanker (last year Duvernay) - lines up typically on side of TE, slot WR. Your speedster, guy u can send in motion bc he should be off the line. (If by change he is on the line of scrimmage then TE/slot would be ineligible). 

XWR is ur split end. Bigger guy, away from TE side. (Collin Johnson) He can’t go in motion so CBs usually press him to get him off his route. Need to be able to get free of the press. Speed always helps. Eagles will be a X in 2020 when Collins but in practice he is playing Z. 

Hope that helps 

8 hours ago, 83Dee said:

Back in the stone age we had WR and a wing back that could split out wide or come in tight.

I’m not sure what the staff thinks on Eaton but they are very good at evaluating guys. I would like to wait for some senior year game film before finalizing on him. I feel the same on Alford(though I’m more ready for him than Eaton). 

Florida had had a bunch of issues this past week so I’m not sure if Rodgers is still keeping the door open. I just don’t want to rush in but I don’t think we can wait. Either take Eaton now or you don’t get him later. 

PS: I’m a dreamer so I still lay at night with Ringo on my mind 

39 minutes ago, shotime73 said:

This will be interesting of how they are going to utilize both RBs. Are they gonna use Jordan as a slot back?

They could and perhaps will line him up at slot at some point. Ty is a very different back from Bijan. And that kind of change of pace can be nightmares for a defense.

8 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

They could and perhaps will line him up at slot at some point. Ty is a very different back from Bijan. And that kind of change of pace can be nightmares for a defense.

I got the chance to see a Hudl highlight of Jordan. He reminds me of Barry Sanders in a way of how he cuts upright and changes direction