Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

COVID-19 ALERT: All University of Texas Athletics competitions/games cancelled until Sunday March 29th
HornSports Staff

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

Pouncey and Crawford is a solid CB haul.   Coupled with Watson and Caldwell from last year and will be able to put a solid CB duo out there.  I'm very high on Watson and think he has the potential to become elite.  Jury is still out on Caldwell but I like his measurables. 

Ive lost hope that Ringo will join this class.  I guess I'm in the minority here, but I dont see the appeal of UGA for a DB.  Alabama, yes.  LSU, I can see that one.  Clemson, absolutely.  You would've thought Texas beating UGA wouldve carried a lot of weight, but it seems to have not affected them in a negative way at all.  Instead you hear the narrative "UGA didnt care about that game so we'll just throw it out".  As a player I would've interpreted that as Texas was a much better prepared team and if I'm choosing between the two I would look at the coaching and Texas was clearly the better coached team. I know I'm a UT fan, but I had that argument when Strong was here.  I didnt think that was a very good coached program at the time.

8 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I've heard Ty ran a 10.52 100 meters last spring.

At 5' 6" them little legs are churning. Have we had a player that small in the modern era? Tony Jones was what, 5' 8"?  He'll need to get wider. I wonder if his frame can hold that. 

8 minutes ago, prosfromdover said:

At 5' 6" them little legs are churning. Have we had a player that small in the modern era? Tony Jones was what, 5' 8"?  He'll need to get wider. I wonder if his frame can hold that. 

I bet he could put on enough weight to make it. He’s about the same height as OU’s last two QB’s. Of course he should try to avoid the Mayfield beer gut. 

10 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I've heard Ty ran a 10.52 100 meters last spring.

Track results are pretty easy to look up but hard to tell if it’s a hand time or laser and weather conditions.

He did have Personal Best 10.52 at the area meet but followed that up with an 11.06 at the regional meet.

His numbers from the season are mostly in the high 10s. The 10.52 seems more like an outlier than his true speed.

However, he is still plenty fast. And most importantly, the quickness and change of direction is elite on the tape when playing actual football! Tape doesn’t lie!

I want him in this class!

4 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I've heard he's 5'8-5'9

They will be cautious about adding weight on him. You don't want to lose that speed.

I am about to have the pleasure of meeting JBTexas. See ya'll shortly.

Anyone old enough to remember the Smurfs from TCEH back in the 80's?  Not tall, but very skilled. Chapped my butt often.

6 hours ago, PTA said:

Anyone old enough to remember the Smurfs from TCEH back in the 80's?  Not tall, but very skilled. Chapped my butt often.

Q from OU that put up 6 TDs against us. Size matters, but not in a RB. Sproles has had  a long career in the NFL. My kids HS had a 5'7" RB Justin Forsett that went to Cal and played 10 seasons in the NFL. Had a 1500 yd season and Cal and a 1200 yd season in the bigs. At our small TAPPS school guys couldn't even touch him. Way too fast for that competition. Lots of examples of short dudes that can run the rock. 

Roach saying he's expecting us to land Jordan soon.

He said the Quentin Johnston race is closer than he had thought. TCU is making a strong push. Their recruiter is OU-ex Malcom Kelly. Said he would pick Texas today but that could change. Thinks Johnston will decide soon.

12 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Roach saying he's expecting us to land Jordan soon.

He said the Quentin Johnston race is closer than he had thought. TCU is making a strong push. Their recruiter is OU-ex Malcom Kelly. Said he would pick Texas today but that could change. Thinks Johnston will decide soon.

If Jordan and Jerrin CBs materialize and everything else stays the same, we'd move all the way up to 6th in rankings. Considering where we were even a month ago, that's pretty impressive.