Daniel Seahorn

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

5 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

What is Pouncey's composite rating?

Guess big brother Jordon is having some fun at UT and told him to get on the train before it left the station. Isn't this a dead period? If they can't communicate I wonder if they did through Jordon, no rule against that (?)

Big pickup! Great player! I always had a hunch we’d win this one, but thought it may take awhile since we didn’t offer until late. 

I think I’d trade Rogers for Pouncey. That is basically what it seems like we did! Who would’ve thought that 4 months ago?!

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Me too. We have our 5-star RB in the fold and can sit back and enjoy the entertainment that is the Zach Evans recruitment. Even when he commits to Gawga, I don't think it will stick. I think he ends up at aggy.

Bite your tongue. The last thing I need to see or read is drgilbert's aggie posts if that happens. :wacko:...Puke

6 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I hear we're done at CB, except of course for Ringo or Jahari Rogers if they want in. Looks like Eaton is out.

Wow. We put a pressure play on Pouncey and it worked?

1 hour ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Hey guys.... Ethan Pouncey just announced his commitment to Texas LoL. 

Totally out of left field. 

OMG!!!!! this was my 2nd fav CB target in 2020 after Ringo, He just needs to add 20 lbs and he will be a star. OMG!!!! i am soo damn stoked!! 

1 hour ago, prosfromdover said:

Guess big brother Jordon is having some fun at UT and told him to get on the train before it left the station. Isn't this a dead period? If they can't communicate I wonder if they did through Jordon, no rule against that (?)

Quiet period I believe. You can still communicate with recruits in either period, but you can’t have in person contact. 

46 minutes ago, TB14 said:

Big pickup! Great player! I always had a hunch we’d win this one, but thought it may take awhile since we didn’t offer until late. 

I think I’d trade Rogers for Pouncey. That is basically what it seems like we did! Who would’ve thought that 4 months ago?!

1000% make this trade. 2nd best CB target in 2020 class after Ringo, IMHO

41 minutes ago, okiehorn said:

@TheContractor you are on it when it comes to recruits and hudle tapes, what do you think of Ty Jordan and is he better then the 3 star rating? And I know there just “stars” and Forman was 2 or 3 star  but wondering your take. 

i love watching tape. ive seen him listed at 5-7 to 5-10(he isnt close to 5-10), and 180ish lbs. at RB height is the least important thing but throwing downfield to 5-7 is where his height would hurt him. first thing that pops is his speed(fair+/good-), dude is fast, high 4.4 ish and well less than 11.00 in the 100m. he is properly listed as an all purpose back. Ty is a 1 cut guy that turns it up the field with the smallest of creases. i think his vision(fair) and instincts(fair+) are pretty good also, along with his balance(fair+). 

Key is he needs to be used correctly. i would rank him about the highest 3* range. he isnt going to get more than 10-12 touches per game(at a place like Texas) but those touches might be quality touches. Carries, swing passes, screens, jet sweep, line him in the backfield and motion out to get a mismatch, and he will allow for mismatches.  He is also going to contend for kick returner/punt returner and get touches there. you've heard the saying "its not the size of the dog in the fight....." He has fight! Ty is a football player, he just is a tad shorter than the others. I am not sure he can add too much more wt and remain as fast and cut as well but i think 5-8, not over 200#. i trust herman to use him correctly also. i hope we get him bc he compliments the other backs on the roster perfectly. 

The hardest part of HS eval is the competition level and the ability for some to maintain speed/agility with added wt, for me at least. like you said 3* can be very productive and quality players 

went back and watched E Pouncey tape. He is perfect for field CB. This dude has it all. He just needs to play his 4 games Fr year and redshirt, add wt and learn from Green/Cook. He is a playmaker and has great instincts. He was created to play cover corner. He backpedals and moves his hips so well. He breaks on the ball like he is in the offensive hudl. not sure how great of a competition he is playing bc some of those throws we just bad and should not have been made. He isnt Ringo but he is a grade A CB. Love this commitment.