Daniel Seahorn

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

This is the last time I’m going to say it to ANYONE... steer this back to recruiting or take it to the PMs. And that goes double for any personal issues/grievances we got going on here.  

I truly hate having to be the message board police and prefer not to be, so lets please move this discussion forward and back to recruiting.

1 hour ago, shotime73 said:

Hello everyone. I just popped in to say hello. Since my crazy ass haven't been in here in almost Coons age due to alot of personal issues family related I've been having to go through and having to work several weeks straight without a day off. I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying your day. I'll be back later after work to pop in here and catch up on everything

Welcome back, Sho! Hope all is well. 

21 minutes ago, Drb522 said:

Maybe I missed it, but any idea why CTJ picked auburn?

His dad wanted Auburn and felt the SEC was the best way for him to get drafted but CTJ wanted Texas. In the end the parents made him choose Auburn 

13 hours ago, primal defense said:

There was a female poster by the name Longhorn girl and  in a nice way criticized the way he was posting. It was nicer than my post. He used past personal things from her personal life when she thought he was her friend that didn't have anything to with the way he was posting. It was the most disgusting and abusive and the worse post I ever seen on this board.

She quit posting and he was banned thank goodness.

SFlonghorn girl is who you are referring to. Don't remember if she had a moose in her profile pic or not that others are talking about. 

Safety is my least concern with this class but CTJ was a great fit schematically. Sucks but have to move on. 

I would leave the door open though. Maybe if Brandon Jones goes in the second round that could help persuade dad. 

1 hour ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

This is the last time I’m going to say it to ANYONE... steer this back to recruiting or take it to the PMs. And that goes double for any personal issues/grievances we got going on here.  

I truly hate having to be the message board police and prefer not to be, so lets please move this discussion forward and back to recruiting.

You may want to start wearing your badge since you may have to police for awhile. I hope I'm wrong, but after yesterday I'm afraid I'm not.

Take Two: Will four-star Quentin Johnston pick Texas?

Jkoel40amljk4mabguv1

Quentin Johnston (Sam Spiegelman)
Adam Gorney, Mike Farrell, Sam Spiegelman
Rivals.com

Take Two returns with a daily offering tackling an issue in the college football landscape. Rivals.com national recruiting analyst Adam Gorney lays out the situation and then receives takes from Rivals.com national recruiting director Mike Farrell and an expert from the Rivals.com network of team sites or a regional analyst.

is one of the more intriguing prospects in the Rivals100 because unlike many others, the four-star receiver from Temple, Texas, really does not talk much about his recruitment or elaborate on his favorites.

Texas is believed to be the front-runner for the fifth-best recruit in the state and the No. 61 player overall because he lives close to the campus, he has some teammates already there and the Longhorns’ need for outside receivers could be appealing.

But many other programs are pursuing Johnston because he has that rare combination of size and speed and although many other receivers are discussed far more often, it could be Johnston who emerges as one of the best in the class.

Oklahoma is making a run at the Temple standout and the Sooners have had no problems recruiting elite receivers recently. Baylor, TCU and others remain solidly in the mix.

When it’s all said and done, will Johnston pick Texas or will the four-star receiver make a surprise move and end up elsewhere?

icons_rivalsdatabase_modal_icon-09d74c9f6ebcc83cb0a94ef792a69ba648c051e8558216ce4858fedc95a355a3.svg
CLASS OF 2020
UNDECIDED

FIRST TAKE: SAM SPIEGELMAN, TEXAS & LOUISIANA ANALYST

“Johnson is an interesting kid, especially because he’s a Rivals100 talent but you’d never be able to tell that from looking at his Twitter or speaking to him in person. His tape is impressive, but watching him up-close is a whole different ballgame. He’s long with track speed — and he hasn’t even tapped his potential yet. Johnston is 6-foot-5 and runs like a gazelle. He can stretch the field vertically and he’s so big that he’s a huge target to pluck the ball in mid-air and dominate balls in traffic. More impressive is his ability to turn short grabs and turn them into huge gains because he’s so physical after the catch.

“It’s safe to label Texas as the team to beat for Johnston. He lives only a few minutes outside of Austin in Temple, which is the alma mater of a pair of Longhorns in DL 

and TE  . He’s visited a ton over the past year and I could see him commit as early as today and if not, sometime before his senior campaign starts or not too far after. Oklahoma, Baylor and TCU are some of the other schools that are also recruiting Johnston hard, but he’s atop Texas’ board and there’s an unrivaled comfort level there.”

SECOND TAKE: MIKE FARRELL, NATIONAL RECRUITING DIRECTOR

“I think Tom Herman keeps Johnston. Momentum at Texas is as strong as it’s been in a long time and it’s going to be really difficult for teams to pull kids that they really want out of there. Let’s face it: Oklahoma got three five-star receivers last year, so they’re going to be up against it when it comes to questions about depth and all that other stuff. If you’re looking at those two offenses, Oklahoma is the more attractive one but I think he ends up at Texas.”

https://n.rivals.com/news/take-two-will-four-star-quentin-johnston-pick-texas-

22 minutes ago, LAHORN said:

Oh really? That's a bummer. Hard hitter. Where's he going??

I’ve heard Kansas. Doesn’t seem that Orlando likes him too much. 

1 hour ago, drgilbert said:

Any thoughts 

Not a bad player. Mac only in our system. Pretty good player and instincts but if we are asking him to be a sideline to sideline Mac, he is limited. Coverage is slightly better than fair but not great. Athletic guy for 230. Physical. Would do well when we play Sec teams but might not be able to stay in the field vs pro spreads, air raid teams. I don’t think he is a take at this time but I could see him being a take as a depth guy with a better SR year. Good player in right system 

Well other than my dad dealing with fighting with cancer having his liver taken out plus my mom having the possibility of dementia and me trying to keep myself and my family stable. I'm hanging in there. I haven't kept up with much recruitment lately so I thought to myself since everything has calmed down a bit I'm able to take somewhat of a breather to see what's been happening

31 minutes ago, shotime73 said:

Well other than my dad dealing with fighting with cancer having his liver taken out plus my mom having the possibility of dementia and me trying to keep myself and my family stable. I'm hanging in there. I haven't kept up with much recruitment lately so I thought to myself since everything has calmed down a bit I'm able to take somewhat of a breather to see what's been happening

God bless you showtime. I feel ya. My sis in Longview has dealt with bypass surgery, then cancer, then chemo, then radiation therapy, then had to get a stint five years later. She's no bigger than a minute but fights like she's Mike Tyson.

Hang in there and keep coming around. Recruiting is really starting to pick up around here.

1 minute ago, Sirhornsalot said:

God bless you showtime. I feel ya. My sis in Longview has dealt with bypass surgery, then cancer, then chemo, then radiation therapy, then had to get a stint five years later. She's no bigger than a minute but fights like she's Mike Tyson.

Hang in there and keep coming around. Recruiting is really starting to pick up around here.

Damn I must have missed alot. Yikes

15 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Word is staff told Scott we weren't pursing him anymore some time back. Apparently, the 26 inch vertical and 4.7+ shuttle revealed a lesser degree of athleticism than we wanted.

I think he plays better than he times but I think at this point i agree with passing on him. I also think Derrick Harris jr in 2021 to me is a Mac and for me projects much higher Bc he is versatile and can blitz better and cover more ground laterally. 

1 hour ago, shotime73 said:

I’m new here and don’t recall your username.  However you don’t have to know somebody to offer your prayers for them.  You and your family will be in mine today