Daniel Seahorn

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

Texas has been on Thompson for 2 years and the Auburn DB coach (who was at Ole Mi$$ previously) didn't even arrive until February.  

Crazy that DL looks fantastic for this class and DB is a ?

44 minutes ago, MikeV73 said:

You mean he didn’t care about academics, or the ability to be admitted?  

I’m saying he put out a video by one his teachers that stressed how much academics means to him. I think she said he was the top of his class. He has said he wants to get a degree in engineering. UT has the better engineering school. It seems that the degree took a back seat to something else. Or maybe he just loved it there. Who knows. 

6 hours ago, gclass said:

^^^ "here" indeed.  mr. del conte is a pleasant, talented, aspiring/ambitious official.  where on earth did you acquire the "consumed with harassing" dialogue?  everyone, is now aware that del conte sends out fan "tweets" upon a daily basis.  i responded to one in kind... indicating that myself, along with my pals, would like to view the "latest renderings from POPULOUS" showcasing exactly what is being constructed for our players and such inside the new SEZ expansion/renovation project.  

i reiterated to him that "we were highly abreast of the INITIAL POPULOUS renders, as well as the new ON-SITE CAM SET-UP"  therefore, to date, none of us have viewed any current renderings that shall detail what exactly they shall be constructing INSIDE the new facility itself on behalf of our players.  ie: PLAYER LOUNGES... RECRUITMENT ROOM... HYDROTHERAPY ROOMS... PLAYER REST AREAS... MONCRIEF RENOVATIONS... BARBER SHOP... etc.

thus far, the only information that we are now aware of is... the proposed exterior of the SEZ facility.  ie: LOGE BOXES... NEW LHN STAGE... END-ZONE FIELD LEVEL SUITES... NEW COACHES OFFICES... etc.  del conte has indicated that "at some point soon, he will get with his MEDIA relations staff and see what they may come forth with to release to the general public".  

We are not derailing the recruiting thread with this stuff. Take it to a different thread or send a PM.

I'm a little disappointed in losing CTJ to Auburn; however, It will not take away the euphoria I had from Friday (Bijan). Luckily, UT is stacked at S with at least 2 more years from Sterns, Brown and Foster and at 3 years from Owen's, Overshown, Estell and Adimora.  Dont get me wrong, I would've loved to have him, but the kid made a decision for him and I wish him the best of luck.

IMO, DL, OL, and RB we're the top priorities for this recruiting class and all of those have been addressed (well, they need Collins to jump on board still).  I would like to see at least 1 more LBs, at least 1 more CB, 1 S, 2 WRs and Alfred Collins.  Anything after that is gravy.

Win the conference this year and kids will be beating down the door to join (hopefully).

To me the only thing that could of turned CTJ away is the Dad thing or no clear path to playing time.

As mentioned above he would have a tough time getting on the field at safety or joker for the next 2 years minimum

2 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Thompson was telling all the Texas commits he was coming to Texas. Rumor has it he may of told Herman the same. If true he has burned the bridge with the staff and current commits... I doubt Herman lets him back in even if he wants too.   Oh well.... On to the next one.

As per these reports CTJ clearly had Texas in his mind and something past 7-10 days changed. Maybe he called Herman today. Just keep the lines open and fans need so stop bashing kids. So he picked another school. Ok. But when 16-18, and ever 40 yr olds read crap, it makes us come of shitty and Aggieish. Sucks that you chose another school but let’s go get the next guy that will help us win. No need for personally bashing any kid. Not saying people on this thread are but definitely a few on twitter. 

3 minutes ago, noonan05 said:

To me the only thing that could of turned CTJ away is the Dad thing or no clear path to playing time.

As mentioned above he would have a tough time getting on the field at safety or joker for the next 2 years minimum

That’s great for Texas Bc we are finally in a position to redshirt most of the guys coming in. That’s where I want to be. But you never know with an injury. Would have liked him here. We need a top of the line CB. Once cook/green are gone, we hav Watson and I’m not sure how ready Caldwell/Crawford will be. 

1 hour ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

We are not derailing the recruiting thread with stuff. Take it to a different thread or send a PM.

I've already put him on ignore, but have heard he's already been perma-banned previously by Aaron when he used Monarch as his handle.  It's the same guy and unless you want the board to suffer mightily, you'll ideally re-ban this person.

46 minutes ago, Texas2725 said:

I've already put him on ignore, but have heard he's already been perma-banned previously by Aaron when he used Monarch as his handle.  It's the same guy and unless you want the board to suffer mightily, you'll ideally re-ban this person.

He has had several usernmaes here and other sites. It always ends the same for him... Banned..

2 hours ago, drgilbert said:

I’m saying he put out a video by one his teachers that stressed how much academics means to him. I think she said he was the top of his class. He has said he wants to get a degree in engineering. UT has the better engineering school. It seems that the degree took a back seat to something else. Or maybe he just loved it there. Who knows. 

My post started as a joke regarding academics at UT vs Auburn, but then backtracked a bit thinking maybe he had difficulties.  Sounds like he is a smart kid, but sounds like the engineering angle was bogus.

1 hour ago, HORNfromETX said:

So how about a DB class of:

Alford and J Thompson at S

Crawford and Pouncey/Eaton at CB

Imo, pretty good. Not great. For me Pouncey is a darn good CB, notch/maybe 2 below Ringo(generational talent) and 2 notches above the other CB options. I really like Pouncey tape 

2 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

He has had several usernmaes here and other sites. It always ends the same for him... Banned..

Obviously you all have been around awhile but that’s impressive everyone knows this cat after 1 post from a different handle lol. Must be a winner. Not derailing but impressed 

4 minutes ago, okiehorn said:

Obviously you all have been around awhile but that’s impressive everyone knows this cat after 1 post from a different handle lol. Must be a winner. Not derailing but impressed 

There was a female poster by the name Longhorn girl and  in a nice way criticized the way he was posting. It was nicer than my post. He used past personal things from her personal life when she thought he was her friend that didn't have anything to with the way he was posting. It was the most disgusting and abusive and the worse post I ever seen on this board.

She quit posting and he was banned thank goodness.

10 minutes ago, primal defense said:

There was a female poster by the name Longhorn girl and  in a nice way criticized the way he was posting. It was nicer than my post. He used past personal things from her personal life when she thought he was her friend that didn't have anything to with the way he was posting. It was the most disgusting and abusive and the worse post I ever seen on this board.

What happened to the lady that had the moose in her profile pic

^^^ @Daniel Seahorn  enough is indeed enough!  you kind sir have stated to me "that you did not want this particular thread to be derailed"  however, it seems that a chosen few of your "veterans" refuse to accept the memo.  i did not arrive to this site seeking consternation, lies, conjecture, or even commiseration.  all that i intended... was to post a few posts, and get along with forum patrons.  nonetheless, we are all grown-ups here, and i would think that there should be a token of respect upon an open forum.  

10 minutes ago, primal defense said:

Wow, I will leave it at that so I don’t keep the convo going. Thanks for the insight.  Sorry @Daniel Seahorn for bringing it back up lol 

2 minutes ago, Monsieur ATX said:

What happened to the lady that had the moose in her profile pic

That’s a great point. She was always talking to @Sirhornsalot on here. Haven’t seen her In a long time. Can’t even remember her handle dang it. Wasn’t the avatar like rocky and bull winkle? Fun poster