Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Okay, spoke to my friend this evening. Lots of good stuff. – The recent run on commits is enabling the staff to circle back and revisit some other recruitments that most think/thought are lost. N

Hello everyone. I just popped in to say hello. Since my crazy ass haven't been in here in almost Coons age due to alot of personal issues family related I've been having to go through and having to wo

Saw Herman speak today at a luncheon at the Headliners club here in Austin.  He did say that we would make room for 1 more OL commit in 2020 and that those of us who follow recruiting would know who h

Posted Images

It looks like the 2020 class is really beginning to shape up. We haven't cracked the top 10 yet though I do expect that to happen by the time the dust settles. I know there are still a few names on the list that we would love to have and I understand that we are probably taking a smaller class this cycle since next cycle is absolutely loaded to the hilt. Coach Herman has said that the staff is not going to take guys just to take them but I do have to wonder if we will end up with some talented yet lower rated guys to fill out the class. I mean, PSU (disgusting rats that they are) is ranked one spot ahead of us with a significantly lower average and no 5 star recruits and three less 4 star guys. They have 16 3 stars committed. I, for one, always want quality over quantity but we could easily finish top 5 this cycle if we take on some 3 star guys that can grow and improve. It seems the recruiting services don't value the quality as much as I do. I've heard we will take 20-25 kids but we're sitting at 12 now and the season is less than a month away. Will the staff ramp up the offers to lower rated guys to go ahead and get the recruiting thing over with (I know, it never ends) in order to focus more on the season at hand?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TheContractor said:

I think 22-25(that includes grad transfers). I think we we’ll sign 23-24 HS players 

That means that they will sign players not even on the radar yet.

I've got both Thompson's as future commits along with Alfred Collins, Javian Hester, Quentin Johnston and Joshua Eaton. That only brings the total to 18. I'm sure I am missing a player or two, but that's all I can see committing from our current offer list. Someone please correct me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Baron said:

That means that they will sign players not even on the radar yet.

I've got both Thompson's as future commits along with Alfred Collins, Javian Hester, Quentin Johnston and Joshua Eaton. That only brings the total to 18. I'm sure I am missing a player or two, but that's all I can see committing from our current offer list. Someone please correct me.

We always do take players not on the radar in June. Examples: 2019, Hookfin and Lewis. 2018, Jones and Ojomo. 2017, Had lots because of the transition year. 

Plus I think we are in a good spot for a few others that you didn’t name: Bunkley, Scott, Pouncey, Umanmielen, Jordan, and Alford  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, TB14 said:

We always do take players not on the radar in June. Examples: 2019, Hookfin and Lewis. 2018, Jones and Ojomo. 2017, Had lots because of the transition year. 

Plus I think we are in a good spot for a few others that you didn’t name: Bunkley, Scott, Pouncey, Umanmielen, Jordan, and Alford  

 

I think we get either Bunkley or Hester but not both. Scott is one I missed. If Collins seems like a commit to the staff Umanmielen won't be a take from what I have read. I don't think Pouncey is that interested and Alford will probably go elsewhere if both Thompsons commit. Time to start digging deeper on in state talent. Where's my DCTF mag?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TB14 said:

We always do take players not on the radar in June. Examples: 2019, Hookfin and Lewis. 2018, Jones and Ojomo. 2017, Had lots because of the transition year. 

Plus I think we are in a good spot for a few others that you didn’t name: Bunkley, Scott, Pouncey, Umanmielen, Jordan, and Alford  

 

Well, I think Hookfin was a late addition as was Ojomo.

Staff will likely find 2-3 players during the season who stand out or grow into themselves during their senior year in high school. Thats exactly what Hookfind and Ojomo were.

We've also got some hooks in the water in the JUCO circuit.

As for your names . . . we're not in that great a shape with Pouncey and Alford. We may or may not take Umanmielen. Bunkley is a hot name right now but will take his visits.

Chris Thompson is likely your next commit. A couple of other 2020 targets could fall soon, too.

So there's plenty of time to add to this class down the road. The important thing is to cash in on your preferred targets, like we're doing.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Well, I think Hookfin was a late addition as was Ojomo.

Staff will likely find 2-3 players during the season who stand out or grow into themselves during their senior year in high school. Thats exactly what Hookfind and Ojomo were.

We've also got some hooks in the water in the JUCO circuit.

As for your names . . . we're not in that great a shape with Pouncey and Alford. We may or may not take Umanmielen. Bunkley is a hot name right now but will take his visits.

Chris Thompson is likely your next commit. A couple of other 2020 targets could fall soon, too.

So there's plenty of time to add to this class down the road. The important thing is to cash in on your preferred targets, like we're doing.

 

Do you think we finish top 7?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Baron said:

That means that they will sign players not even on the radar yet.

I've got both Thompson's as future commits along with Alfred Collins, Javian Hester, Quentin Johnston and Joshua Eaton. That only brings the total to 18. I'm sure I am missing a player or two, but that's all I can see committing from our current offer list. Someone please correct me.

I certainly hope we'll sign a LB or two.  Sure hope we can flip Josh White.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Week
    Opponent
    W/L
    9/12
    UTEP
    W 59-3
    9/26
    @Texas Tech
    W 63-56 (OT)
    10/3
    TCU
    L 31-33
    10/10
    Oklahoma
    L 45-53 (4OT)
    10/24
    Baylor
    W 27-16
    10/31
    @Oklahoma State
    W 41-34 (OT)
    11/7
    West Virginia
    W 17-13
    11/27
    Iowa State
    L 20-23
    12/5
    @Kansas State
    W 69-31
    12/12
    @Kansas
    CANCELLED

Our Affiliation

USATDP_Logo.png

Quick Links

Home
Forums
News
Store

Quick Links

Football
Men's Basketball
Baseball
More Sports

Quick Links

×
×
  • Create New...