Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

HornSports Staff

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

2 hours ago, BBQJoeKC said:

Yes, he would even go on the Texas site (On TFB) and talk crap on UT. Incredibly unprofessional, imo. 

I saw that a while back. He even threatened to ban some guys when they gave him the business right back. That's why I won't give my money to that site.

2 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Drumm isn’t the owner. That would be Kareem aka Super K.

I defer to your knowledge in all things recruiting, but I can tell you, from outside the paywall and even before it went to paywall, nobody would have thought Super K owned the site. There were several comments on that forum when Brandon crossed the border and threatened people that he was the owner. I don't think I've ever read anything that hinted at Super K owning TFB, until now.

3 hours ago, HORNS GUY said:

he is announces on sunday

I know he pushed his announcement back to Sunday.  I was asking SHA if he was hearing from his source where we stand or if Auburn has taken the lead.  Thanks though.

22 minutes ago, Baron said:

I defer to your knowledge in all things recruiting, but I can tell you, from outside the paywall and even before it went to paywall, nobody would have thought Super K owned the site. There were several comments on that forum when Brandon crossed the border and threatened people that he was the owner. I don't think I've ever read anything that hinted at Super K owning TFB, until now.

I met Kareem years back and we had a sit down discussion about TFB when he was getting the Texas site off the ground. It’s possible they run it as a group, but I know Kareem wields some authority with the site and has a lot of sway with how they operate. 

47 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

I met Kareem years back and we had a sit down discussion about TFB when he was getting the Texas site off the ground. It’s possible they run it as a group, but I know Kareem wields some authority with the site and has a lot of sway with how they operate. 

This good to know. I have respect for Super K, not for Brandon.

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I don't know Brandon and haven't seen his posts. I recently started dropping by there for the free stuff. Super K, Darius Terrell and others seem to be pretty nice guys.

Speaking of Texas football news, the guys at surlyhorns are straight assholes. They assume every new poster is a damn troll 

8 minutes ago, Monsieur ATX said:

Speaking of Texas football news, the guys at surlyhorns are straight assholes. They assume every new poster is a damn troll 

I joined there today and I'm at -18 points after one post. Place has changed since it was Shaggy Bevo. New name fits. 

7 minutes ago, Junior Bonner said:

I joined there today and I'm at -18 points after one post. Place has changed since it was Shaggy Bevo. New name fits. 

What’d you say in your post? I also joined August 1st and I’m at like -32 points for like 5 posts and all I talked about was the 2020 class. SurlyHorns use to be called shaggy bevo?

12 minutes ago, Monsieur ATX said:

What’d you say in your post? I also joined August 1st and I’m at like -32 points for like 5 posts and all I talked about was the 2020 class. SurlyHorns use to be called shaggy bevo?

I said something to the effect that I may have chosen the wrong day to join. I thought it might get a laugh. It didn't.

Somebody here said it used to be Shaggy Bevo. I used to read and post at Shaggy occasionally when I got tired of the OB crowd. It was a much different place than Surly.

With Bijan tomorrow, CTJ Sunday, and the Lufkin Thompson in the next week or so, it should be a happier place. 

From a fellow recruiting geek.... I don’t know why anyone would go to surly (for recruiting).  You can read three pages and get nary one mention of football or recruiting.  But you can get a belly-full of:  

How many pages the 2020 thread will be. 

Insults about people’s mothers being a whore.  

And who’s hotter, Kate or the younger flavor of the week.  Yes, that’s right, the whole Kate thing came from over there.  

I like this site because it’s focus is on recruiting - minus the occasional quarter page of grown men acting like they’ve never seen a woman before after a Kate appearance.  

6 hours ago, Monsieur ATX said:

I believe our beloved University threatened them over the use of “BEVO?” 

6 hours ago, Monsieur ATX said:

I can't tell you how many points I am into the negative on Surly because I don't care. Why should anyone care?

UT is unique with respect to social media because we have a large, committed fan base and it is split between multiple sites. Most other schools have one dominant site and the owners of that site dictate the culture.

I quit posting on this site about two years ago mostly because of one particular asshole, but because of the overall negativity. But I stay very close to Aaron and a few others.

Most people on any site are decent people. This site has a demographic more sophisticated than other sites. Head over to Spurstalk, find the Longhorn recruiting thread. There are a couple of top guys who post there. IT does some good stuff. You will never find insight or cutting edge info on Surly. What you will get is a bunch of people who live and work in Austin and who interact with the Bellmont crew and Fenves' team.

If you ever get the chance, introduce yourself to Bob Richards. He started ShaggyBevo during the waning days of HornFans because he thought he could do better than Robert and Katie. He did. Aaron's job on this site has been amazing. How anyone finds time in their life over 10 years to keep a site like this afloat escapes me.

And it wasn't "our beloved university" that screwed with Bob over the use of "bevo" in the site name. It was Nick Voinis at the behest of Deloss. A really stupid decision, but there were a lot of really stupid decisions made inside Bellmont during that period. If you want the back story on those stupid decisions, the Surly crew can tell them to you. You just have to catch them before they get surly. 

5 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

I can't tell you how many points I am into the negative on Surly because I don't care. Why should anyone care?

UT is unique with respect to social media because we have a large, committed fan base and it is split between multiple sites. Most other schools have one dominant site and the owners of that site dictate the culture.

I quit posting on this site about two years ago mostly because of one particular asshole, but because of the overall negativity. But I stay very close to Aaron and a few others.

Most people on any site are decent people. This site has a demographic more sophisticated than other sites. Head over to Spurstalk, find the Longhorn recruiting thread. There are a couple of top guys who post there. IT does some good stuff. You will never find insight or cutting edge info on Surly. What you will get is a bunch of people who live and work in Austin and who interact with the Bellmont crew and Fenves' team.

If you ever get the chance, introduce yourself to Bob Richards. He started ShaggyBevo during the waning days of HornFans because he thought he could do better than Robert and Katie. He did. Aaron's job on this site has been amazing. How anyone finds time in their life over 10 years to keep a site like this afloat escapes me.

And it wasn't "our beloved university" that screwed with Bob over the use of "bevo" in the site name. It was Nick Voinis at the behest of Deloss. A really stupid decision, but there were a lot of really stupid decisions made inside Bellmont during that period. If you want the back story on those stupid decisions, the Surly crew can tell them to you. You just have to catch them before they get surly. 

Randolph,

I always look forward to reading your posts. I may not agree, but I know you have put some thought into your post.

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

And it wasn't "our beloved university" that screwed with Bob over the use of "bevo" in the site name. It was Nick Voinis at the behest of Deloss.

So, the University didn’t do it. Just the person the University placed in charge over the athletic department and his underling.  Got it.  

14 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

He isn’t a bad prospect, love his physicality and blocking for a outside WR. RB and slot WR(screen game) will love him bc he will block like hell. His competition doesn’t seem great. He runs well but needs to learn some  intricacies of good route running. Has good size. Pure X WR only. I don’t see the 4.13 shuttle time but he has some quicks. Isn’t a speedster. Haven’t watched game film so I don’t know how good his hands are. If his hands are good he is a pretty decent prospect but I think we are comparing him to who we all wanted at XWR(Johnny Wilson) and there is no comparison there, Wilson is a better prospect. Hester is talented just not necessarily a great XWR

33 minutes ago, TheContractor said:

He isn’t a bad prospect, love his physicality and blocking for a outside WR. RB and slot WR(screen game) will love him bc he will block like hell. His competition doesn’t seem great. He runs well but needs to learn some  intricacies of good route running. Has good size. Pure X WR only. I don’t see the 4.13 shuttle time but he has some quicks. Isn’t a speedster. Haven’t watched game film so I don’t know how good his hands are. If his hands are good he is a pretty decent prospect but I think we are comparing him to who we all wanted at XWR(Johnny Wilson) and there is no comparison there, Wilson is a better prospect. Hester is talented just not necessarily a great XWR

XWR = Outside?

I also get confused by B Backer / Rover, etc...

where did the good good old days go when you were either a MLB or an OLB?  

Now, get off my lawn!