Daniel Seahorn

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

Three-Point Stance: Big commits, 2021 pledges, musings

Here are some random recruiting thoughts…

... If Texas can close on running back 

after Ohio State took what was considered a very strong lead it will be a major get for Tom Herman and company. It appears now that Robinson is leaning toward Texas and the Longhorns are already on fire for 2021. They could be taking the next step in recruiting which is saying something after a great finish last year.

https://n.rivals.com/news/three-point-stance-big-commits-2021-pledges-musings

Four-Star WR LV Bunkley-Shelton raves about Texas

ByGREG BIGGINS 19 hours ago
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Gardena (Calif.) Serra wide out LV Bunkley-Shelton visited Texas over the weekend and the Horns made a big impression.

Bunkley-Shelton has had a strong off-season and has made a nice jump in his game over the last year. He has gotten bigger, stronger and faster and was already one of the most skilled pass catchers in terms of his hands and route running in the entire country.

Bunkley-Shelton is probably more quick then fast, but his long speed has improved and he’s such a developed route runner, he can set up a corner and run right past them. He just knows how to get open and is easily among the most polished pass catchers in this year’s 2020 crop.

Bunkley-Shelton’s recruitment has been interesting to follow. He has taken several unofficial visits to schools outside the region and been all over the west as well. This past weekend, Bunkley-Shelton checked out Austin and the Longhorns are definitely in this one.

“I loved it in Austin,” Bunkley-Shelton said. “It’s a lot like L.A (Los Angeles) so that would be an easy transition for me. The people are awesome, everywhere we went, whether it was a restaurant or a BBQ spot, everyone was super cool and generally excited to have me there. My favorite part of the visit was probably when I first got to the hotel.

"We headed to the restaurant inside and a few Longhorn fans were at the bar. They actually knew who I was and wanted to take pictures with me, it was insane. They wanted to hang out and talk Texas football, that has never happened on any of the other visits I’ve been on. I definitely had a home vibe there, like I was where I was supposed to be."

Bunkley-Shelton was already familiar with the Horns coaching staff after working with them at a Satellite Camp at Cal Lutheran earlier in the summer.

“Yeh I got to know them well there and I like them a lot,” Bunkley-Shelton said. “I spent a lot of time with coach Drew (Mehringer) on my visit and I also spent some quality time with coach Herman. We toured the facilities and he showed me the plans for the updated DKR Stadium and it’s going to be bananas. I also did a photo shoot and chilled in the players lounge.

"I had some intense games of ping pong with coach Drew, he beat me but I promised him the next time I’m out there, I’m going to beat him. Scheme fit is another plus. They have some big receivers but they told me they want a route runner that catches everything and I feel I’m the best in the country at both of those things. I like coach Beck’s offense a lot and feel I would fit in really well there."

Bunkley-Shelton said the his next move is to cut his list down to five and Texas will definitely be on it.

3COMMENTS

“Texas is a very realistic option for me,” Bunkley-Shelton said. “I feel we’re on the same page in terms of what I can bring to the team and what they want out of me. I’m confident I could do big things there and develop in to the player and person I want to be down the road. This was definitely one of my best visits and I’ll be back for an official visit for sure.

"I’m going to take all my official visits in the fall and then announce at the All-American Bowl. I really like Washington and USC a lot and Arizona State is still up there for me as well. Ohio State still wants me to visit too, even with all the receiver commits but I'm not sure about that right now. Like I said, I need to cut my list down a bit and then I'll go from there."

https://247sports.com/Article/LV-Bunkley-Shelton-recaps-weekend-recruiting-visit-to-Texas--134018695/

10 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Brainiacs saying three are possible this week.

Chris Thompson set to announce Thursday. Billy Bowman set to announce Wednesday. And they think Jerrin Thompson could climb aboard at some point this week.

What about Bijan Robinson? Wasn't he supposed to announce Friday?

1 hour ago, TexExSpur said:

Andrew Ellis seems to think there is still a chance for the Bucknuts.

The Buckeyes have a roadblock they will have to navigate very quickly if they are to swing this one back. Not sure they can. 

Anything can happen because look how it swung back to Texas recently, but I think they are just dragging their heels on switching their picks. 

14 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Might be a problem with the Chris Thompson recruitment. Auburn is making a major push. Apparently dad wants him there... All the sites are concerned..... Buckle up..

Well damn! He's supposed to announce on Friday, right?

42 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Might be a problem with the Chris Thompson recruitment. Auburn is making a major push. Apparently dad wants him there... All the sites are concerned..... Buckle up..

Think he's all Texas, but with Samples gone it makes for a bit of drama. 

1 hour ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Heard Justin Wells say that Auburn was a real threat on the radio today.

1 hour ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Don’t like the sound of that... He’s a guy that I think fits perfect at joker for Texas right away. Don’t want to miss him. 

Plus he’s very important for the #DallastoAustin movement.