Daniel Seahorn

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

1 hour ago, texasdalton said:

Is this one over. I would have to think that we could flip him if we have the season we are expecting.

He had plenty of opportunities to get in the boat and be a class leader for Texas and he passed. I think Texas moves forward from here.

1 hour ago, oldhorn2 said:

Lets not go all aggy on this one. He was a good one and we would have been glad to take him. Good get Georgia....I wish the kid the best......he wont be playing for the best, but I still wish him the best anyway....

Nobody went aggy. 

53 minutes ago, wadster said:

Just if you've ever been to Georgia, gag. Athens vs ATX is not close. 

Been to Athens plenty of times, there’s isn’t shit to do there except hit bars

2 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

He had plenty of opportunities to get in the boat and be a class leader for Texas and he passed. I think Texas moves forward from here.

I really wanted Lindberg. I think he would’ve filled out this class perfectly. Was very odd he never committed. Good luck to him. 

9 hours ago, Bear19 said:

Nobody went aggy. 

I think sentiments to the effect that “we didn’t really want him” are quintessential aggie.  Surly (formerly Shaggy Bevo) named their recruiting board “RC didn’t offer.”

In any case those type sentiments - or even “I preferred someone else anyhow” as in the case with Evans - have much more credibility if they occur before a commitment elsewhere.  

11 hours ago, TexExSpur said:

I’m going to tread lightly with Bijan until the day he signs.

That's a smart move. Unfortunately, for me I'm not that smart. I'm all set for UT on Friday. However, we will have to perform to fight off USC. The Texas Tech offense helped save Stoops at OU and it may save Helton. If not then we may need to then fight Urban.

Podcast from Ohio State insider says Bijan really likes LA.

What happened with Bijan?

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state/Article/Ohio-State-Buckeyes-podcast-134006368/

2 hours ago, UTfish said:

C'mon guys. Bash aggy all you want, but don't demean your fellow members for stating their opinions. Just disagree with what they say and leave it at that. 

I think it is just Longhorn recruiting jargon.... nothing personal.... “we didn’t want him anyways” or “not SEC good” = going aggie.   We’re not that thin skinned are we?

1 hour ago, TexExSpur said:

I think he picks USC on Friday and I'd love to be wrong!

Any particular reason why? Mods are CBing Texas. Something you know they don't? 

7 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Texas needs to make sure they recruit through the finish line on Robinson and not take him for granted. OSU being ruled out is a big hurdle cleared, but the job isn’t done yet. 

Also, Jerrin Thompson is visiting today. He’s a name to keep an eye on. 

Agree with this. Also need to make sure to keep winning this year. Need to show these kids that last year wasn’t a fluke. If we finish business on the field it will keep these top kids from looking elsewhere.

47 minutes ago, LAHORN said:

Any particular reason why? Mods are CBing Texas. Something you know they don't? 

Family is involved in the decision and that makes proximity to home a priority.  I believe USC has it in the bag if this is truly the case.

7 hours ago, 83Dee said:

I think sentiments to the effect that “we didn’t really want him” are quintessential aggie.  Surly (formerly Shaggy Bevo) named their recruiting board “RC didn’t offer.”

In any case those type sentiments - or even “I preferred someone else anyhow” as in the case with Evans - have much more credibility if they occur before a commitment elsewhere.  

I've been saying for months I wasn't thrilled with Lindberg. Nothing against the kid as he seems to be a fine young man, but I was kinda glad he chose Georgia.

2 hours ago, TexExSpur said:

I think he picks USC on Friday and I'd love to be wrong!

You will be. USC is a program is turmoil, though they've recently tried to show some solidarity. Their HC is on the hottest seat in America. And this year doesn't hold a lot of promise for them. Not sure he'd want to spend 3-4 years in a rehab period.

7 minutes ago, TexExSpur said:

Family is involved in the decision and that makes proximity to home a priority.  I believe USC has it in the bag if this is truly the case.

You may be right in December if UT drops the ball and USC has a good season. However, it makes no sense to choose USC on Friday. Herman is in third year with a program that's on the rise while Clay has an Urban Meyer vulture circling him and waiting for him to die coaching wise. 

Bijan has been fonged to UT and an UT 24/7 writer has picked UT. So, it looks like we are in the driver's seat  going into the season.

45 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

You will be. USC is a program is turmoil, though they've recently tried to show some solidarity. Their HC is on the hottest seat in America. And this year doesn't hold a lot of promise for them. Not sure he'd want to spend 3-4 years in a rehab period.

One tidbit to add from Eric and Justin's Scoop today at Inside Texas, but when Bijan was on his USC visit, he told a fellow Texas target, also visiting SC at the same time, that he "loved" Texas.  This was during his actual OV to SC that this came up.  Now I'm not saying this is a slam dunk for the Horns, but this was interesting to hear.  My guess was that the fellow Texas target was Chris Thompson.

12 minutes ago, Texas2725 said:

One tidbit to add from Eric and Justin's Scoop today at Inside Texas, but when Bijan was on his USC visit, he told a fellow Texas target, also visiting SC at the same time, that he "loved" Texas.  This was during his actual OV to SC that this came up.  Now I'm not saying this is a slam dunk for the Horns, but this was interesting to hear.  My guess was that the fellow Texas target was Chris Thompson.

It was Lindberg, who was visiting the same weekend. And he said Bijan was "talking up Texas" meaning talking to more than just Lindberg.

49 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Johnny Wilson commits to Oregon. That one stings. Didn’t have him pegged to go off the board until after OVs. 

Another kid that didn't want to leave Austin on his visit.