Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

25 minutes ago, TB14 said:

I see your point and I do think Lindberg would easily be a top 10 O Lineman in the state next year. He’s a take every year. 

I do think you could question the Willie Tyler take from 2019 though. Only has 3 years of eligibility and you already had Sheppard, Hookfin, and Johnson in the class. 

There will be plenty of room to take 5-6 next year even with Lindberg. 

Agree 100% with Tyler. If Lindberg is an OG then sure. I don’t want him coming here wanting to only be an OT and transfer out but I guess no harm in adding more talented players, of course. Will it cost us a 6th lineman in 2021 from committing? like a top OG prospect, I wouldn’t want that. 

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Okay, spoke to my friend this evening. Lots of good stuff. – The recent run on commits is enabling the staff to circle back and revisit some other recruitments that most think/thought are lost. N

Hello everyone. I just popped in to say hello. Since my crazy ass haven't been in here in almost Coons age due to alot of personal issues family related I've been having to go through and having to wo

Saw Herman speak today at a luncheon at the Headliners club here in Austin.  He did say that we would make room for 1 more OL commit in 2020 and that those of us who follow recruiting would know who h

Posted Images

Saw Herman speak today at a luncheon at the Headliners club here in Austin.  He did say that we would make room for 1 more OL commit in 2020 and that those of us who follow recruiting would know who he's talking about.........meaning Lindberg.  Just wanted to share since there's been a lot of speculation as to whether Karic's verbal means were done with 2020 OL recruiting.

2 hours ago, Texas2725 said:

Saw Herman speak today at a luncheon at the Headliners club here in Austin.  He did say that we would make room for 1 more OL commit in 2020 and that those of us who follow recruiting would know who he's talking about.........meaning Lindberg.  Just wanted to share since there's been a lot of speculation as to whether Karic's verbal means were done with 2020 OL recruiting.

Thanks for sharing. I figured they would make room for Chad considering how they have recruited him to date. 

I just watched Karic's hudl he's my favorite OL take for this class.  The supposed 240 lbs has to be what's holding his ranking back.  This dude is mean AF and can move. 

Lol at aggy boards laughing at this take with all the bloated OL they have that can barely fire out of a lineman's stance.

1 hour ago, Slimer said:

I just watched Karic's hudl he's my favorite OL take for this class.  The supposed 240 lbs has to be what's holding his ranking back.  This dude is mean AF and can move. 

Lol at aggy boards laughing at this take with all the bloated OL they have that can barely fire out of a lineman's stance.

A sure sign he'll be an All-American here. Some people just have their role in life. Aggy plays the fool so well, who else would God turn to? lol

1 hour ago, Slimer said:

As far as long term potential he is the best. Most agile and athletic. All have some nastiness and mean SOB in them. All need at least 20+ lbs of good wt but they have 25 months before they should see a glimmer of a college football snap. And hopefully 37 months before a truly meaningful snap. 

This O line recruiting talk made me curious. How well do the HS rankings project for future success? As it was pointed out some of our best were not highly rated. We are not alone. 

Last years 1st and 2nd team O line AP All American team. Ranking out of HS:

5 Star-2

4 Star-3

3 Star-5

Last Years 1st and 2nd team O line NFL All Pro team.

Ranking out of HS:

5 Star-0

4 Star-3

3 Star-3

2 Star-2

Unranked- 3

It seems the big boys on offense are a little harder to evaluate. 

1 hour ago, RickyFlair said:

This O line recruiting talk made me curious. How well do the HS rankings project for future success? As it was pointed out some of our best were not highly rated. We are not alone. 

5 Star-2

4 Star-3

3 Star-5

Ranking out of HS:

5 Star-0

4 Star-3

3 Star-3

2 Star-2

Unranked- 3

Nice stats. 

OL is the hardest to evaluate imo also. First of all , most people can’t eval OL technique, OL usually need time to develop strength, body wt, technique. Only think most armature evaluators can tell is attitude/mean streak. Sometimes the already big lineman are going to bully around someone 70lbs lighter but can’t do it when wt is same. Some are already maxed out so they might be a good HS player but don’t progress after that. Saying all that, you want 5*&4* players as much as u can get. Karic is everything you want in a OL prospect if you can stash him for 2+ years. 

2 hours ago, RickyFlair said:

5 Star-2

4 Star-3

3 Star-5

Ranking out of HS:

5 Star-0

4 Star-3

3 Star-3

2 Star-2

Unranked- 3

Offensive line is probably one of the hardest positions to evaluate. Right up there with quarterbacks. 

52 minutes ago, TheContractor said:

Nice stats. 

OL is the hardest to evaluate imo also. First of all , most people can’t eval OL technique, OL usually need time to develop strength, body wt, technique. Only think most armature evaluators can tell is attitude/mean streak. Sometimes the already big lineman are going to bully around someone 70lbs lighter but can’t do it when wt is same. Some are already maxed out so they might be a good HS player but don’t progress after that. Saying all that, you want 5*&4* players as much as u can get. Karic is everything you want in a OL prospect if you can stash him for 2+ years. 

Good take. The developmental curve is very long for OL. Have to be very patient. 

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Well, with regard to Bijan, we are no reduced to hoping the Jaylan Knighton commitment to OSU sways him back in our direction.

And the question needs to asked, why do we keep missing out on top flight RB's after they show interest? I'm hearing more and more grumbling about Drayton. Personally I don't tout just one reason. 

The last 1000 yd rusher for Texas not named D'Onta Foreman was Jamaal Charles in 2007.

31 minutes ago, Baron said:

And the question needs to asked, why do we keep missing out on top flight RB's after they show interest? I'm hearing more and more grumbling about Drayton. Personally I don't tout just one reason. 

The last 1000 yd rusher for Texas not named D'Onta Foreman was Jamaal Charles in 2007.

Good question.  Ingram was a big level take, but not getting commits from the numerous high level RBs in state or out of state...but not to discount our Georgia HS standout from last class.  A lot of really high level talent taking a pass...

Keeping with the RB theme, would it be a negative or positive in recruiting if Ingram and JWhit each get 1000 yards this year?  Obviously it would be a positive for the team and probably result in wins which is good for recruiting.  However, would the top level backs see it as "Texas had a So and Fr leading the way, it will probably be 2 years before I see meaningful snaps there.  I'm picking a school where I can contribute right away".

Or on the positive, "Texas just had a So and Fr leading the way, if I can beat them out this staff has no problem starting a younger guy"

4 minutes ago, texbound said:

Keeping with the RB theme, would it be a negative or positive in recruiting if Ingram and JWhit each get 1000 yards this year?  Obviously it would be a positive for the team and probably result in wins which is good for recruiting.  However, would the top level backs see it as "Texas had a So and Fr leading the way, it will probably be 2 years before I see meaningful snaps there.  I'm picking a school where I can contribute right away".

Or on the positive, "Texas just had a So and Fr leading the way, if I can beat them out this staff has no problem starting a younger guy"

The best scenario in my opinion is to recruit Ty Jordan. Have Ingram go over 1000 while Whittington gets 1000+ all purpose in 2019. Ingram 1500+ and JWhit bounce between Slot and RB with over 1200 yds. in 2020. Ingram gets drafted. JWhit with 1500+ and Jordan with 1000 all purpose in 2021. Then send thank you cards to Sanders, Cain, Evans and Robinson.