Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

HornSports Staff

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

3 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Will start at QB. 

If everyone signs the QB room will be over flowing with talent. Attrition will occur at some point. Beck's offense has progressed nicely with an experienced QB. He has also done a great job of recruiting and should probably get an apology from most of us.

3 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Lufkin DB Jerrin Thompson offered today. 

https://247sports.com/player/jerrin-thompson-46050436/

Not sure what his testing numbers are but appears to have good speed and is physical more than anything. Good tackling form frequently. Need to see more in coverage but not a liability with the small sample size 

43 minutes ago, Baron said:

If everyone signs the QB room will be over flowing with talent. Attrition will occur at some point. Beck's offense has progressed nicely with an experienced QB. He has also done a great job of recruiting and should probably get an apology from most of us.

Jackson at least carries the flexibility of playing another position if QB doesn’t work out. But yeah it’s tough to keep everyone happy in that room with one ball to go around.

11 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Lots of chatter on OB, I hear, about Karic to Texas. If that holds true, bus may have left Lindberg behind.

Karic’s offer list seems way better than his ranking would indicate. But I haven’t heard much about him and Texas until very recently. 

8 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

While I don’t doubt the staff may be pushing for Karic, I still think Lindberg will have a spot. 

Yea we can afford to take a full OL class. I think Lindberg is still one of the best OL in the state. 

6 minutes ago, Big Daddy Cane said:

Definitely a take. I just think he's a bit more raw than the other OL commits. Has great upside. 

More than anything he needs good weight added.  He'll probably get to 270ish before arriving and then Yancy can get to work.  He's not a kid that will contribute in 2020, but I'm glad to see that.  OL prospects should not be relied upon as Freshman or even RS Freshmen.   

4 hours ago, TB14 said:

Yea we can afford to take a full OL class. I think Lindberg is still one of the best OL in the state. 

Sure we could but is Lindberg better than any of the top 7-8 guys we are after in 2021? Maybe 6th-7th guy he is equal to. Would rather stay at 4 in 2020 so we can get 6 in 2021. Same with DL, rather stay at 3, 4 max in 2020. But I know the bird in hand rule. Haha

2 hours ago, Big Daddy Cane said:

Definitely a take. I just think he's a bit more raw than the other OL commits. Has great upside. 

Having officiated one of his games LY, he looks even bigger in person. I thought he was 6'6" or 6'7". Dude can move and is really nasty. We know Southlake Carroll OL are fundamentally sound. 

See Adam Ulatoski

7 minutes ago, TheContractor said:

Sure we could but is Lindberg better than any of the top 7-8 guys we are after in 2021? Maybe 6th-7th guy he is equal to. Would rather stay at 4 in 2020 so we can get 6 in 2021. Same with DL, rather stay at 3, 4 max in 2020. But I know the bird in hand rule. Haha

I see your point and I do think Lindberg would easily be a top 10 O Lineman in the state next year. He’s a take every year. 

I do think you could question the Willie Tyler take from 2019 though. Only has 3 years of eligibility and you already had Sheppard, Hookfin, and Johnson in the class. 

There will be plenty of room to take 5-6 next year even with Lindberg.