Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

HornSports Staff

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

35 minutes ago, DBut82 said:

If I had to choose between the 2, I'd go to the LSU game. There's nothing like the RRR but it is played every year and more than likely the 2 teams will meet twice in the same year. I've been to a few TX/Ho-U games and there's definitely nothing else like it. And I was at the Cotton Bowl for TX/Loser State in 01 and it was bananas. But this year's TX/Loser State game is in Austin, which won't happen again possibly in our lifetime. 

I remember that game well. LSU wasn't near the program/team they are now.

22 hours ago, texasdalton said:

I have budgeted to make the trip from Florida for one game this year. Idk which game to go to LSU or OU. I haven’t seen Bevo blvd tailgate yet and it’s probably a espn game day night game. But I have never been to an OU game.

money isn’t an issue, which one would y’all recommend?

Texas OU at the Cotton Bowl is a bucket list item.  I’d go that route.  

2 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I remember that game well. LSU wasn't near the program/team they are now.

I may be wrong... but I think Saban was the coach and they won the national championship the next year.  

2 hours ago, Slimer said:

Has Princely lost his spot in the class or would we still take him?  

i would not say he has completely lost his spot but if things go really south with Collins he would be considered but i dont think it likely PU will be a Longhorn. We need to take 3 this year, in a small class and 5 next year in a big class. (there are already 5-6 guys in '21 that are as good as PU)

Friday visitor list

DL Vernon Broughton, Cy Ridge
WR LV Bunkley-Shelton, Gardena (Calif.) Junipero Serra
QB Hudson Card, Lake Travis
DL Alfred Collins, Bastrop Cedar Creek
OL Jaylen Garth, Port Neches-Groves
WR JJ Hester, Tulsa (Okla.) Booker T. Washington
OL Courtland Ford, Cedar Hill
WR Quentin Johnston, Temple

4 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Friday visitor list

Hope Johnston jumps on board.

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Friday visitor list

We need to really focus on LVBS, AC, QJ

Jumping back in time a bit here, but does it seem likely that Ja'Quinden Jackson was a silent commit for a while, and the coaches waited for an opportune time for him to go public?  If so that proved to be a genius move, as it reversed a bunch of bad press at the time.

9 hours ago, Slimer said:

Time for the staff to push for Ty Jordan.  Guy wants to be at Texas and seems like a great culture fit in the program.  Plus he's pretty damn good.

100% agree with this. 

15 hours ago, DBut82 said:

If I had to choose between the 2, I'd go to the LSU game. There's nothing like the RRR but it is played every year and more than likely the 2 teams will meet twice in the same year. I've been to a few TX/Ho-U games and there's definitely nothing else like it. And I was at the Cotton Bowl for TX/Loser State in 01 and it was bananas. But this year's TX/Loser State game is in Austin, which won't happen again possibly in our lifetime. 

Who else, besides me, was at the 1963 Cotton Bowl game when we played LSU? Unfortunately, even though we were ranked #4, we got shutout 13-0 :( Probably the most notable thing was that Lynn Amadee kicked a 23 yard field goal in the first half that was the first field goal in the Cotton Bowl game since 1942. 

1 hour ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Who else, besides me, was at the 1963 Cotton Bowl game when we played LSU? Unfortunately, even though we were ranked #4, we got shutout 13-0 :( Probably the most notable thing was that Lynn Amadee kicked a 23 yard field goal in the first half that was the first field goal in the Cotton Bowl game since 1942. 

TV'd that one.

12 hours ago, bevotee said:

Jumping back in time a bit here, but does it seem likely that Ja'Quinden Jackson was a silent commit for a while, and the coaches waited for an opportune time for him to go public?  If so that proved to be a genius move, as it reversed a bunch of bad press at the time.

He wasn’t. He was leaning Texas, but wasn’t in silently. 

10 minutes ago, drgilbert said:

Just read the OB said there could be 4 more commitments if the kids stick to their timeline 

For this weekend?  When is Chris Thonpson pulling the trigger?  I'm thinking Hester could pull the trigger this weekend.  Would be nice if 2021 Wheaton pulls the trigger.