Daniel Seahorn

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

I have budgeted to make the trip from Florida for one game this year. Idk which game to go to LSU or OU. I haven’t seen Bevo blvd tailgate yet and it’s probably a espn game day night game. But I have never been to an OU game.

money isn’t an issue, which one would y’all recommend?

12 minutes ago, texasdalton said:

I have budgeted to make the trip from Florida for one game this year. Idk which game to go to LSU or OU. I haven’t seen Bevo blvd tailgate yet and it’s probably a espn game day night game. But I have never been to an OU game.

If you ask me it all depends if you think you will ever make it to an OU game in the future. If so go with the LSU game. Love big games at DKR but the Cotton Bowl experience is something else. 

2 hours ago, texasdalton said:

I'm going with ou at the state fair... No other experience like it.... 

Tough call, but I'd go Texas/LSU.  More hype around this one than last year's Texas/Georgia since not many gave Texas a chance. It'll be Big 12 vs SEC for real now that we've bloodied their nose. The ou game is awesome, but one of many to come and go. 

The LSU crowd will be LOUD!  The Texas crowd will be LOUD!  DKR will be rocking off the ground!!!  We will be the underdogs again and a win here will be unforgettable. 

OTOH, next year, LSU/Texas may even be bigger. Kick'em in the teeth twice and they'll have tears in their eyes. 

Hope that helps.   Or...you could get your wife to fill in for you and go to both?  :D

Edited by UTfish

8 hours ago, texasdalton said:

ou game................so you can see ou suck in person.

I've been to many Texas vs ou games, many games at DKR (season ticket holder for almost 40 yrs now) and saw Texas play LSU in the Cotton Bowl when Simms was a senior. 

Based on the above, I would go to Texas vs LSU this year. Simply because Texas and ou play every year, LSU doesn't visit Austin that often.

Sad thing is I wont be able to attend the Texas vs LSU game this year but my daughter gets my tickets. Hope you're able to score some!

13 hours ago, texasdalton said:

Take the Texas-LSU game. You get to be in Austin, lots more to do there. Tailgates, atmosphere (pro-UT), and the home crowd at DKR. Texas and LSU only play once or twice in a lifetime.

With OU, great game experience, perhaps one of the best ever. But they play every year. Who knows, you may get another shot at a game down the line and can pick this game.

Of course, if you like, you can come visit me on that Saturday as we watch all the trailer homes roll by on I-35E on their way to Dallas. lol

2 hours ago, jrcruz1026 said:

Not Impressed with Zach Evans, we should not bend over backwards for this kid; Kendall Milton is better IMO

Won’t say I’m not impressed as he’s a good back, best in the state for sure.  I just like what Bijan has better.  I think if he doesn’t commit before dead period ends that bodes well for Texas.  If he’s uncommitted I’d send the entire staff to see him to show him he’s the one they want/need.

If I had to choose between the 2, I'd go to the LSU game. There's nothing like the RRR but it is played every year and more than likely the 2 teams will meet twice in the same year. I've been to a few TX/Ho-U games and there's definitely nothing else like it. And I was at the Cotton Bowl for TX/Loser State in 01 and it was bananas. But this year's TX/Loser State game is in Austin, which won't happen again possibly in our lifetime.