Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

HornSports Staff

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

33 minutes ago, oldhorn2 said:

I'll say one thing.....if that kid is 16 and if that twitter pic wasnt photo shopped, I am impressed. The kid has some guns on him....

He’s definitely got the long lean body the staff covets

32 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

OK, Roach says no commit tomorrow from Collins.

IT says yes, they think he will commit tomorrow.

I don't see that anywhere on IT. Only comment was if and when he commits all DL spots are probably gone. 

So my question is Jimbo trying to take credit for Myles Garrett for recruiting and developing his talent? That picture is so misleading. He did nothing for him. 

Thats like TH taking credit for Vince young and Rickey Williams. 

4 minutes ago, 605Longhorn said:

So my question is Jimbo trying to take credit for Myles Garrett for recruiting and developing his talent? That picture is so misleading. He did nothing for him. 

Thats like TH taking credit for Vince young and Rickey Williams. 

Given that Terry Price coached him, they are definitely going to use him in recruiting every chance they get. 

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

OK, Roach says no commit tomorrow from Collins.

IT says yes, they think he will commit tomorrow.

Neither IT nor their Mods have said anything about Collins committing tomorrow or anytime soon.  Not sure where this is coming from.

1 hour ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

I don't see that anywhere on IT. Only comment was if and when he commits all DL spots are probably gone. 

Friend of mine who is a member says they reported that this evening.

Minutes ago, brainiacs posted "More Good News On The Way" and specifically said its not Thompson. But they said it would be this week, not necessarily tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, TheContractor said:

dont think Collins commits tomorrow, i think some are just getting over excited. He wants to take some visits and has been really pursued by Bama, Lsu

would Love to be wrong 

Relax, I think you are. lol

brainiacs said this week

The Jase McClellan thing . . . so much win there . . . when we flip him we get a five-star added to our ranking/class . . . OU loses their only five-star and falls in the rankings. lol So much win lol

3 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Friend of mine who is a member says they reported that this evening.

Minutes ago, brainiacs posted "More Good News On The Way" and specifically said its not Thompson. But they said it would be this week, not necessarily tomorrow.

Still don't see that. I've read every thread. 

15 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

The Jase McClellan thing . . . so much win there . . . when we flip him we get a five-star added to our ranking/class . . . OU loses their only five-star and falls in the rankings. lol So much win lol

I’d say if instead of when, but it would sting on multiple levels for OU.

1 hour ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Not sure where the Collins thing started, but we haven’t heard that. 

I know MB is on IT along with me and I have to agree with him that I've not seen any reference by mods or even knowledgeable/connected posters regarding Collins committing anytime soon.  I darned sure hope we get Collins as that would complete a great D-Line class haul for 2020, but I wouldn't hold my breath on Collins committing anytime soon.  If he does then I'll gladly celebrate and eat crow!

4 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Fake insiders. 

It started on IT. Someone on Surly quoted it (which is what they do on surly). Brainiacs chimed in, but did not name him by name. They posted it 1 hour from when I asked about him.

Keep your ears peeled for Jalen Millroe.

It started on IT. Someone on Surly quoted it (which is what they do on surly). Brainiacs chimed in, but did not name him by name. They posted it 1 hour from when I asked about him.

Keep your ears peeled for Javian Hester and also Jalen Millroe.

Both Hester and Milroe are getting a lot of chatter on IT.  Mods there aren't sure if JJ is a take just yet.  Milroe seems to be rapidly heating up for the 2021 class, but nobody is too clear on whether him possibly committing would impact Stone.  Time will add clarity for all of this no doubt.

Keep your ears peeled for Javian Hester and also Jalen Millroe.

Well, when you say someone on Surly quoted it, you really have to put "quoted it" in parenthesis because those boys tend to take extreme liberties when quoting something :)

52 minutes ago, Texas2725 said:

Both Hester and Milroe are getting a lot of chatter on IT.  Mods there aren't sure if JJ is a take just yet.  Milroe seems to be rapidly heating up for the 2021 class, but nobody is too clear on whether him possibly committing would impact Stone.  Time will add clarity for all of this no doubt.

It would be hard to think it wouldn't impact Stone. IMO, he'll either consider it a challenge and be confident in winning the spot - or - he'll look for less traffic in the depth chart somewhere else.

I would by no means change anything about the Stone recruitment. We lead. But Millroe certainly fits what this offense does very well.

19 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

It would be hard to think it wouldn't impact Stone. IMO, he'll either consider it a challenge and be confident in winning the spot - or - he'll look for less traffic in the depth chart somewhere else.

I would by no means change anything about the Stone recruitment. We lead. But Millroe certainly fits what this offense does very well.

You take either one of them if they want to commit. And you take the other one if he still wants to commit.