Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

HornSports Staff

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

11 minutes ago, texbound said:

Hes like Hager, only talented.

LOL!

I love Hager. He made the most of his tools. I hope Fillinger beats out his production. If he does then he’s a take all day long!

5 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Unsure about the lineage, but I can ask. Given that Texas doesn’t deploy your typical nose tackles, it wouldn’t surprise me if he cross trained there. 

At 16, 6-4, 250 lbs, great agility and power. Doesn’t have the speed and is slightly stiff. He will be 270+ by the time he arrives on campus, is already north of 255lbs. 

23 minutes ago, TheContractor said:

At 16, 6-4, 250 lbs, great agility and power. Doesn’t have the speed and is slightly stiff. He will be 270+ by the time he arrives on campus, is already north of 255lbs. 

I don't get the stiff talk so much. Hard to be agile and stiff, too, seems. First few highlights show short choppy steps, maybe it's because of that, but I don't see it after. I mean he's no Von Miller, but that's not his position. Anyway let's hope he bends enough to whip ass on the 40. Welcome Van!

22 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Sometimes it’s best just be patient, folks. Hopefully everyone steps away from the ledge a bit. 

I like it on the ledge. It's better than thinking the sky is falling. :D

1 hour ago, prosfromdover said:

I don't get the stiff talk so much. Hard to be agile and stiff, too, seems. First few highlights show short choppy steps, maybe it's because of that, but I don't see it after. I mean he's no Von Miller, but that's not his position. Anyway let's hope he bends enough to whip ass on the 40. Welcome Van!

I know what ur asking. To me it’s just his movement couple steps after the snap. He isn’t bendy, flexible. Without pads at the camps in Oakland, he looked really fluid but not sure what wt he was then. I just feel that 5 mins highlight video showed really good get off and then SOME stiffness. 4.25 agility is very impressive so he can change directions.  My eyes just tell me that his body is a little stiff, some yoga and functional mobility drill would help him a lot. Sorry I don’t have a quantifiable way to explain it. 

1 hour ago, doc longhorn said:

I'll just say aggy and the SEC and leave it at that.

Do u think there is a chance he de-commits? 

Well it’s the $ec for a reason, it’s they only way they play the game. I am a firm believer we need to do it, and do it at their level. No reason not to, NCAA doesn’t care, and they are spineless worthless cowards anyway. 

8 minutes ago, TheContractor said:

I know what ur asking. To me it’s just his movement couple steps after the snap. He isn’t bendy, flexible. Without pads at the camps in Oakland, he looked really fluid but not sure what wt he was then. I just feel that 5 mins highlight video showed really good get off and then SOME stiffness. 4.25 agility is very impressive so he can change directions.  My eyes just tell me that his body is a little stiff, some yoga and functional mobility drill would help him a lot. Sorry I don’t have a quantifiable way to explain it. 

I agree with the quick get off. Don't know about the stiffness, it's not something I have trained myself to look for on DL. He does have a decent motor (which seems to be a prerequisite for this coaching staff) and locates the football well. Even if he doesn't put on much more weight, McKnight should be able to strengthen him in the needed areas.