Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

HornSports Staff

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

3 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Real shitty that guys in that position can’t just let the kid have his moment. FFS.

Meh

I find these self-promoting "events" distasteful. Announcement videos, hat dance, whatever. Agree Liucci (and his ilk) is a world-class douche, though. #GetOffMyLawn

I also don’t like the self promotion these kids push either, but I guess it’s the society we live in today.  I hate an Aggie could possibly ruin a kids moment, but these kids talk and word spreads.  Certain Aggie mods will start losing out on opportunities (Hamm already shot his feet) for scoops due to kids avoiding them

1 hour ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

Meh

I find these self-promoting "events" distasteful. Announcement videos, hat dance, whatever. Agree Liucci (and his ilk) is a world-class douche, though. #GetOffMyLawn

It is what it is. IMO the kids are still entitled to have their moment. 

1 hour ago, Drb522 said:

I also don’t like the self promotion these kids push either, but I guess it’s the society we live in today.  I hate an Aggie could possibly ruin a kids moment, but these kids talk and word spreads.  Certain Aggie mods will start losing out on opportunities (Hamm already shot his feet) for scoops due to kids avoiding them

Agree. And in some cases, the mods in question don't really know, just read their tea leaves, and speak as though they do know.

Broughton and family have done a fabulous job of keeping this close to the vest in the final days.

1 hour ago, Drb522 said:

Recruiting jumped the shark years ago when folks realized they could make a fortunate covering this stuff. These kids are riding a wave that long preceded them.

2 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

It is what it is. IMO the kids are still entitled to have their moment. 

Agree, and I don't mind the creativity in how they commit. I mean, about anything is better than three caps and a table.

Just now, Sirhornsalot said:

Agree, and I don't mind the creativity in how they commit. I mean, about anything is better than three caps and a table.

Yeah I’m not really one for the hat dance. It’s a pretty played out thing at this point. The videos and productions like you said are at least creative and often are pretty cool to watch. 

We need to win the Big 12, otherwise were Michigan to OU's Ohio State. Without all due respect to Sam, we win the Big 12 then we will be back to the top recruits.

Elite recruits take you inside college football's 'arms race'

https://247sports.com/Article/College-football-recruiting-arms-race-Alabama-Ohio-State-Georgia-Clemson-LSU--133490848/

2 hours ago, TB14 said:

Tons of CB picks for Rogers to Florida. Man that would suck on the corner front. 

When he commits to Florida, it won't be over. That program is in some troubled times right now. We have a good start to season, it's on.