Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

HornSports Staff

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

13 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Suchomel update on Broughton

Don't think so. I was told by nothing has changed from the report given to me while I was in Atlanta, which had Texas behind A&M and Ohio State. If the family changes his mind, crazy things could happen but if what I was told is true (and it comes from an impeccable source) it's not 50/50.

I asked him if this was about right and he agreeed

Aggy 65%

Texas 25%

OSU 15%

IT does not seem to have a clue. They said earlier it was 50-50 

So 105 percent. Not the 110 percent I always want athletes to give, but close.

1 hour ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Each prediction is based off it's own 1 to 100%

Oh well it really does not matter at this point.

No, I understand what you're saying and it makes sense. I just think he's wrong.

Why else is chin pubes backtracking so fast?

I think the world of Suchomel. Great guy. Former customer of mine. But when was the last time we turned to him for scoop?

Update from brainiacs on Broughton and Bijan.

Broughton (paraphrased) – feeling confident but not comfortable. Texas is in a good spot, but not the best.

Bijan – has made a decision, according to mom. Rumor out of his HS indicates its OSU. Texas still has a shot at redirecting this. OSU is getting former OU commit Jaylon Knighton. Says Bijan wasn't fond of the idea of being one of two blue chip RBs.

4 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Broughton (paraphrased) – feeling confident but not comfortable. Texas is in a good spot, but not the best.

Bijan – has made a decision, according to mom. Rumor out of his HS indicates its OSU. Texas still has a shot at redirecting this. OSU is getting former OU commit Jaylon Knighton. Says Bijan wasn't fond of the idea of being one of two blue chip RBs.

Broughton has played things perfectly to date. Legit suspense going on right now we neither side feeling overwhelmingly confident. 

I'm intrigued by this whole not add up to 100% thing.

So if he had said it was 50% (out of 100) for aggy, 50% (out of 100) for Texas, and 50% (out of 100) for OSU, what would that mean?  Each school has an equal chance by itself?  Which would mean that in total, each teams odds were 33.3%?

What if he said aggy had a 65% chance, Texas had a 90% chance, and OSU had a 55% chance...what would that mean?

23 minutes ago, bevo38 said:

So if he had said it was 50% (out of 100) for aggy, 50% (out of 100) for Texas, and 50% (out of 100) for OSU, what would that mean?  Each school has an equal chance by itself?  Which would mean that in total, each teams odds were 33.3%?

What if he said aggy had a 65% chance, Texas had a 90% chance, and OSU had a 55% chance...what would that mean?

All were favored to land him, just some more than others

37 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

My hope on this is since they have spoken to the Broughton and his mom that they know it's Texas, but not going to give it away.  Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, Slimer said:

I'm feeling 25% confident, 40% comfortable, 50% unsure...so about 115% sure I know absolutely nothing from this. 

6 minutes ago, Slimer said:

Broughton's commit video is dropping the 15th.  Also, Suchomel has backed off a bit on the aggy prediction.  We wont have to wait long to either celebrate or meltdown.

@Slimer your all over recruiting so what’s your take on it 

3 minutes ago, okiehorn said:

@Slimer your all over recruiting so what’s your take on it 

Man IDK.  It seems like all the sites are backing off the aggy prediction (including aggy sites) so hopefully that's good news for us.  Hope the kid got past the post visit high and realized Texas has been on him the hardest and longest than anyone else plus the family as well.  

3 hours ago, bevo38 said:

So now Common Core math is required to follow recruiting?   :huh:

4 hours ago, bevo38 said:

See the source image

4 hours ago, Slimer said:

My hope on this is since they have spoken to the Broughton and his mom that they know it's Texas, but not going to give it away.  Fingers crossed.

He and his family are playing things very close to the vest. It’s always more fun this way so there is some actual suspense going into the announcement. 

15 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Coming into the week I would have had it on A&M, but it would now be foggy. It could legitimately go either way and I don’t think either side feels super confident. 

So he as big of a fish as it seems? Like he a Game changer on defense? A must get, I guess is what I’m asking