Jump to content
Daniel Seahorn

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

Recommended Posts



39 minutes ago, wadster said:

Will be interesting to see what tOSU does on the field without Meyer. What we need to remember is little OSU seems to churn out backs year over year. If they can do it with 3* talent we sure the hell out to be able to. 

3* D'onta Foreman comes to mind. With the offensive line we're building, our backs are going to shine. Would love to have another 5* back, but our O is going to be deadly as it is. 

Agree about tOSU, but plenty of talent there for Day, so probably no big dropoff, similar to when Stoops left ou...unfortunately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, texbound said:

I'm pulling for Brown and hope he completely gets back to the way he was.  He did go through something life changing.

Regarding Robinson, you continue to recruit him until the ink is dry; however, there is something pulling him and it may be hard to overcome.  With that said, UT needs to have a contingency plan and I'm just not sure what it is.  Evans is a possibility (a slim possibility); Jace has shown interest but is committed elsewhere; Ty Jordan is possible but he seems enamored with USC.  What else is out there that will make a difference the Horns should be going after?

 

OSU's distance, at some point, may become a factor. He once talked about distance with regard to Texas. Well, OSU is much, much further. I think while it may not be much of a factor now due to feelings a young man can have, chickens always come home to roost at nightfall.

We're very much in it with Jace. The LSU game will be huge for that recruitment as it will speak to our development as a program.

Ty Jordan could be had if we're keeping in touch with him. We can't show up in the 11th hour and expect anything though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, UTfish said:

3* D'onta Foreman comes to mind. With the offensive line we're building, our backs are going to shine. Would love to have another 5* back, but our O is going to be deadly as it is. 

Agree about tOSU, but plenty of talent there for Day, so probably no big dropoff, similar to when Stoops left ou...unfortunately. 

Amen. You took the words right out of my mouth. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, texbound said:

I hear you on OSU.

Question for you Daniel, what the hell does Texas do now at RB?  They made Bijan a priority and will not get him.  RB is one position they need since the likelihood of Derrian Brown playing is slim.  I know they look pretty decent for 2021 guys and maybe they can get by with Ingram, Whittington and Young next year, but the lack of depth will hurt.

Texas probably should turn the heat up on Ty Jordan and continue to work on McClellan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, java said:

What is Evans saying about Alabama?

Last I heard, he said "F Bama" in a live chat over the weekend. I was told Bama told him he would probably not come in and start as a freshman. He crossed them off right then and there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Last I heard, he said "F Bama" in a live chat over the weekend. I was told Bama told him he would probably not come in and start as a freshman. He crossed them off right then and there.

Bama is still the favorite.  He spoke to them today. Hank South said there is nothing to this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2019 at 4:23 PM, Sirhornsalot said:

I wouldn't get too worked up about that stuff. Brown will be back and it will be a pleasure to watch. Floyd is a little up in the air and I wish him luck in coming back. Those things are out of our control.

Evans' badmouthing is fine because of the why – as in we don't play the game he wants us to play – and views it as a slight towards him. Bama, likewise, has had their moment with him which culminated in a "F them" from him during a recent live chat. So we're not the only team he's badmouthing right now.

Notice how the teams on his first list are now really no longer on his list? And the two that were left off suddenly are on that list? (UT, aggy)

 

I was talking about Evans himself. i was talking about other recruits. We may know Evans has some issues, but it sent a bad message to other recruits since it's coming from the #1 player in the country. It also had some truth to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

 

OSU's distance, at some point, may become a factor. He once talked about distance with regard to Texas. Well, OSU is much, much further. I think while it may not be much of a factor now due to feelings a young man can have, chickens always come home to roost at nightfall.

We're very much in it with Jace. The LSU game will be huge for that recruitment as it will speak to our development as a program.

Ty Jordan could be had if we're keeping in touch with him. We can't show up in the 11th hour and expect anything though.

Posters on the Ohio State board says distance is no longer a factor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Last I heard, he said "F Bama" in a live chat over the weekend. I was told Bama told him he would probably not come in and start as a freshman. He crossed them off right then and there.

Zach  better be careful or his momma will make him apologize again.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Last I heard, he said "F Bama" in a live chat over the weekend. I was told Bama told him he would probably not come in and start as a freshman. He crossed them off right then and there.

This sounds like an indicator of your earlier point of being a bad influence in the locker room. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, primal defense said:

I was talking about Evans himself. i was talking about other recruits. We may know Evans has some issues, but it sent a bad message to other recruits since it's coming from the #1 player in the country. It also had some truth to it.

Ok, does this mean you were talking about Evans AND other recruits?

I don't think it sends a bad message. When something stinks, everybody smells it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting update on Bijan today at Brainiacs.

OSU mod Super K knows said he has no idea why OSU has had a flood of crystal balls for Bijan. Apparently, a family member of another recruit in California started a rumor that Bijan had chosen OSU a couple weeks back. He said Bijan has not silently committed to OSU.

Based on Super K's conversation with Bijan's mother, OSU wasn't the top school or even a second choice for her. He said based on that, Bijan would have to convince mom that OSU is the place for him, and that has not happened.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Interesting update on Bijan today at Brainiacs.

OSU mod Super K knows said he has no idea why OSU has had a flood of crystal balls for Bijan. Apparently, a family member of another recruit in California started a rumor that Bijan had chosen OSU a couple weeks back. He said Bijan has not silently committed to OSU.

Based on Super K's conversation with Bijan's mother, OSU wasn't the top school or even a second choice for her. He said based on that, Bijan would have to convince mom that OSU is the place for him, and that has not happened.

 

Very possible that the kid wants OSU and mom wants Texas. Having mom on your side is important, but at the end of the day you have to convince the kid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...