Daniel Seahorn

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

13 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

TFB are the worst.....

With that said I am not worried one bit about recruiting. One thing Herman has proven is how to get good classes and find talent. It is a long way to December.

lol, we'll let that be your little secret.

They OWNED the market last cycle.

I agree with you on Herman. It would be wrong to underestimate the guy. And the staff for that matter. Beck is proving to be a very valuable recruiter.

15 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

lol, we'll let that be your little secret.

They OWNED the market last cycle.

I agree with you on Herman. It would be wrong to underestimate the guy. And the staff for that matter. Beck is proving to be a very valuable recruiter.

LMAO. They didn't own shit.  Well they did own running kids moments and ruined secret visits. 

20 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Wow, kid is from Arizona. You bring up a kid from Texas where Texas' demise was self-inflicted.

Urban Meyer had to retire due to bad health, again. I don't know how many times you can whip out that line and get away with it.

Yes, the kid is from Arizona and he has no ties to Texas. He's probably been following college football for ten years and Texas has had one 10 win season. The good thing it was last year which has UT high on his list. However, Zackery Evans let the cat out of the bag when he said that right now UT is not back at least when it comes to five star running backs where we still need to prove ourselves.

J.K. Dobbins could have gone to UT and just be an hours drive away. Instead he decided to fly 1200 miles to Ohio. Tom Herman couldn't talk him into coming to Texas even though he did a quick turn around in Houston.. He couldn't convince the two 2019 five star  RB's on singing day and now one 2020 five star RB  is off the list and the other one has UT behind Ohio State.

Urban left Ohio State because everyone that worked there wanted him gone. I believe that the Texas Tech offense could save Clay's job or if not then it will probably be Urban. Either way it may be attractive for Bijan and I could see USC making sure that Bru McCoy will spend a lot time with him.

I checked it is only an hour and 20 minutes longer to fly to Columbus than Austin. That is no home court advantage for UT. However, it's only an hour and half flight to Los Angeles. USC has the home court advantage (not counting Arizona) and Tucson is a Pac 10 town.

If UT is going to end up with a top running back this season it looks like it will because we had a great season.

6 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

LMAO. They didn't own shit.  Well they did own running kids moments and ruined secret visits. 

They were the most accurate Texas source out there. I told you this last fall (as did others) and you agreed. lol

Just pick a stance, I don't care what it is. But pick one and stick with it.

18 minutes ago, primal defense said:

Yes, the kid is from Arizona and he has no ties to Texas. He's probably been following college football for ten years and Texas has had one 10 win season. The good thing it was last year which has UT high on his list. However, Zackery Evans let the cat out of the bag when he said that right now UT is not back at least when it comes to five star running backs where we still need to prove ourselves.

J.K. Dobbins could have gone to UT and just be an hours drive away. Instead he decided to fly 1200 miles to Ohio. Tom Herman couldn't talk him into coming to Texas even though he did a quick turn around in Houston.. He couldn't convince the two 2019 five star  RB's on singing day and now one 2020 five star RB  is off the list and the other one has UT behind Ohio State.

Urban left Ohio State because everyone that worked there wanted him gone. I believe that the Texas Tech offense could save Clay's job or if not then it will probably be Urban. Either way it may be attractive for Bijan and I could see USC making sure that Bru McCoy will spend a lot time with him.

I checked it is only an hour and 20 minutes longer to fly to Columbus than Austin. That is no home court advantage for UT. However, it's only an hour and half flight to Los Angeles. USC has the home court advantage (not counting Arizona) and Tucson is a Pac 10 town.

If UT is going to end up with a top running back this season it looks like it will because we had a great season.

And you believed the kid? My point was, it's a poor comparison at best. 

I'm sorry, IMO Evans did us a favor. If I'm going to take someone's evaluation of a program, I don't think it will be a 17 yr old kid. I think part of the Texas problem sits with a Texas commit whom Evans doesn't like. I just want to hand him a tissue.

You brought up Herman/Dobbins when Herman had all of a month to recruit him and that was after he already had made up his mind. That was Charlie's blunder for not recruiting him from the get-go. But here you are using it as a criticism toward Herman. Why?

USC will make sure Urban Myer spends a lot of time with Bijan? Are you drinking or something? lol

6 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I'm sorry, IMO Evans did us a favor. If I'm going to take someone's evaluation of a program, I don't think it will be a 17 yr old kid. I think part of the Texas problem sits with a Texas commit whom Evans doesn't like. I just want to hand him a tissue.

You brought up Herman/Dobbins when Herman had all of a month to recruit him and that was after he already had made up his mind. That was Charlie's blunder for not recruiting him from the get-go. But here you are using it as a criticism toward Herman. Why?

USC will make sure Urban Myer spends a lot of time with Bijan? Are you drinking or something? lol

These are good reads back and fourth. Y’all keep it up. He did say “Bru MCcoy”  will spend a lot of time with him though. 

54 minutes ago, primal defense said:

Not only does Texas need to have a good season, they need for Ingram to be a successful 1000 yard back. That's what will catch the prospects attention. 

32 minutes ago, okiehorn said:

These are good reads back and fourth. Y’all keep it up. He did say “Bru MCcoy”  will spend a lot of time with him though. 

Okay, let me just clarify.

Insert any name ________ spending time with Urban Meyer. I don't think my question changes. lol

Urban has left two jobs with the claim of having poor health. If he makes it three, it will be his legacy as much as any title he ever won.

1 minute ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Okay, let me just clarify.

Insert any name ________ spending time with Urban Meyer. I don't think my question changes. lol

Urban has left two jobs with the claim of having poor health. If he makes it three, it will be his legacy as much as any title he ever won.

Lol guess I’m a dumbass and just reading it all wrong but I get that BIJAN will be spending time with Bru.... but nonetheless it def doesn’t matter. 

Either way it may be attractive for Bijan and I couldsee USC making sure that Bru McCoywill spend a lot time with him.

All i know is I hope Texas gets ErBody 

37 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Evans was repeating what other coaches are saying and probably other recruits.

I did not criticize Herman just stating the facts. 

LOL  You misquote me about Urban Myers when I said Bru McCoy and then make a crack about being drunk. Looks like your the one that's drinking..

1 hour ago, okiehorn said:

Lol guess I’m a dumbass and just reading it all wrong but I get that BIJAN will be spending time with Bru.... but nonetheless it def doesn’t matter. 

Either way it may be attractive for Bijan and I couldsee USC making sure that Bru McCoywill spend a lot time with him.

All i know is I hope Texas gets ErBody 

Okay, maybe I'm the dumbass here. lol You tried. lol

1 hour ago, primal defense said:

Evans was repeating what other coaches are saying and probably other recruits.

I did not criticize Herman just stating the facts. 

LOL  You misquote me about Urban Myers when I said Bru McCoy and then make a crack about being drunk. Looks like your the one that's drinking..

So a coach somewhere else said something bad about Texas. Evans for some reason thought "OU Sux" stuff was highly profound and worthy of dictating his next four years.

Gotcha.

Yes, you criticized Herman for not being able to reel in Dobbins. You do realize your stuff is in print, right?

I don't drink so I guess I'm just a dumbass tonight. lol My bad, point taken.

After reading  some of these comments it seems like the “dead period” refers to the state of Texas recruiting. In case anyone forgot we have a football season coming up in a few months. We are in the mix for several elite players. Verbal commits aren’t worth the paper they are written on.

Take care of your business and your business will take care of you. Stay calm and let this play out, we will be just fine. 

6 hours ago, dillohorn said:

After reading the recruiting posts for months I still can't decide on where UT stands on the quality as of today. With 10 being most outstanding on a scale of 1 to 10 .....just where are the Horns as of today? 

We're in excellent shape as far as quality goes. We have 7 commits and 6 of those are 4-stars. By comparison, OSU has 6 4-stars as well.

Our issue is volume. We only have 7. So many right now have upwards of 15-20 in their classes. We need it to rain commits soon.