Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Season's over... Where does this team stand?

bbdude

• Administrators

Texas won the Alamo Bowl in dramatic fashion last night behind David Ash and (what appears to be) an improved defensive unit. We lose some guys but looking forward to next season, where does the team stand in terms of expectations/capacity? Can the 2013 Longhorns compete for a conference championship or even more? We improved from last year to this year. 9 wins ain't all that bad - but it ain't glorious either.

We know Mack is back and I think it is safe to assume Manny is too.

Their record says they are about right where people thought they would be, 9 wins. But there are some areas that need to be improved that were unexpected weaknesses. And some that were expected. All in all, Defense, specifically stopping the run. Offensive line. QB consistency. A tight end still hasn't emerged as the clear cut starter (I keep watching Greg Daniels). The field goal kicking position scares me. But this team is still relatively young and has a lot of potential for growth.

• Administrators
their record says they are about right where people thought they would be, 9 wins. But there are some areas that need to be improved that were unexpected weaknesses. And some that were expected. All in all, defense, specifically stopping the run. Offensive line. Qb consistency. A tight end still hasn't emerged as the clear cut starter (i keep watching greg daniels). The field goal kicking position scares me. But this team is still relatively young and has a lot of potential for growth.

hah! You make it sound like we are right back where we were before the season started!

We kind of are in a way. But i think last this past season the team and young players were finding themselves and developing their identity. Now the team knows what their identity is and where they want to be and will have a better idea of what needs to improve.