Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

bbdude

• Administrators

Per Max Olson from ESPN Horns Nation:

[tweet]285181329476308992[/tweet]

Nick Marshall is a 3-star guy who plays at Garden City Community College in Kansas. He originally played at the University of Georgia as a cornerback in 2011. He was dismissed from the UGA team and made his way to Garden City CC.

Dual threat quarterback, former basketball payer - hell of an athlete. Let's see if he commits..... He could play immediately next year.

I'm good with this offer. I don't get why so many people are complaining that Texas will have 5 QB's on campus (Ash, Overstreet, Brewer, Swoope & Marshall - if he commits). I'm crossing Case McCoy off the list of QB's for Texas next season. He is not the answer and never has been. And he may not even be on the team next season.

So what if Texas has 5 QB's this off-season. I say bring as many in as you can to try to find 1 that will work. The more players increases the odds at finding a good one. Also think about this realistically...

Ash - We know what we have in him and it's nothing to hang your hat on. He has some physical tools but is not a leader and just doesn't seem to be into football enough and have enough passion to play QB at Texas.

Swoopes - Guy has potential but will most likely need a year to red-shirt to improve his passing and ability to read defenses.

Brewer/Overstreet - No one has seen either of these guys throw, let alone play in a game, so I'm confused as to why so many people are already running with 1 of these guys as their starter. Look, I'd love for 1 of these guys to emerge, but slow down before you complain about Texas bringing in another QB.

Juco Nick Marshall - Guy is a great athlete and will have a chance to show what he can do on a bigger stage.

I'm ok with Texas having many QB's on the roster in the off-season. I think it's great. I'm more concerned with Texas finding 1 out of the 5 that can lead this team, pass the ball well, and make plays. Texas A&M had 5 QB's before this past season and I think they ended up with a pretty decent option at QB...

• Administrators

This kid is a pure athlete. I like him even more now that I know he was recruited as a d-back and played at Georgia. He is fast as hell, tall and lanky and spent last season learning the position.

Read this story and salivate - Nick Marshall: Dismissed UGA player revitalizes football career … at QB | AJC College Sports Recruiting

This kid is a pure athlete. I like him even more now that I know he was recruited as a d-back and played at Georgia. He is fast as hell, tall and lanky and spent last season learning the position.

Read this story and salivate - Nick Marshall: Dismissed UGA player revitalizes football career … at QB | AJC College Sports Recruiting

I read a link on Twitter and the kid said he was contacted by Major and asked point blank if he would be offered and Major did it right on the spot..Kid seemed elated and ready for his trip to Austin in January...Another Tweet said a HS coach was quoted as saying it's over if Texas gets him..He is the best out there for years..Damn..

• Administrators
I'd take a chance just on his running ability alone.

He made an impression on the coaches and scouts for sure. He is a former high school quarterback too, not just a former Georgia dback. What I like about Marshall is he knows where he was and had to bust his chops to prove himself again. My guess is he won't squander another opportunity and will do everything he can to take advantage of a second chance.

JW and I talking about him on twitter recently about where he would liek to play - Indiana, Kansas State and Texas are his top 3.