Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Sign in to follow this  
bbdude

Two Longhorns at center of sexual assault investigation

I understand no means no but when are women going to learn about inviting men back to their hotel? Especially at nearly 3am?

Curfew should have been shoved up their asses. You can't keep kids from doing stupid things but you can damn sure guarantee them that if they break the rules they will PAY tremendously. In this case I bet they do.

Leads me to beleive that these guys are guilty of being idiots and breaking team rules since they were allowed to return to their respective homes.

Mack did not mention the players by name.

I hear, wink-wink-nod-nod, the two players are Ash and McCoy? Who is going to play QB?

These are two stand up guys. In the event we needed a 3rd stringer it would be Alex King.

I woke up to a text from a friend telling me about the two players who were suspended for breaking team rules and were linked to a sexual assault investigation. He also said 1 name may be somewhat surprising. That's all i have heard and nothing has been confirmed. I'm also not going to start speculating names of players it could be.

Mack has handled this well. This type of allegation is tough to fully recover from, guilty or innocent. But right now it's important to remember NO ONE has been accused, nor do we know anything beyond what Mack has confirmed to the press, which was two players broke team rules and were sen't home.

I know this sounds bad but I always doubt when a woman meets someone and at 2am takes them back to her hotel. What did she think was going to happen? Did she think they went there to have a long meaningful conversation?

I also look back at how the Duke, Lacross players were treated. The hatred for the so called "elite" white guys accused of raping a young black woman was just too juicy for the media and it turns out the guys, though hardly heroes, did not rape the woman. With the media hatred for Texas I can easily see this happening.

A) Sure the likelihood of mistakes occurring increase when people are out late at night, and even more so when alcohol is involved. But we don't know what she wanted to happen nor thought was going to happen, but I'm sure no one would have the idea to meet up with anyone late if they thought they would be assault or with the intention of being assaulted by someone/others in any fashion. She certainly did not think she would be assaulted (IF THESE ALLEGATIONS ARE CONFIRMED).

B)Media will definitely run with this story no matter how it plays out. These allegations will loom with the accused and are allegations that are tough to fully recover from whether the accused are indeed innocent or guilt. But as of now Texas and Mack Brown have handled the situation well and that's one thing the media should not question.

Oh man, this season has been a roller coaster for sure. This is ironic because a few days ago I was thinking how Texas hadn't run into many problems off the field this season. not anymore.

Per Trey Scott of the Daily Texan (UT Newspaper): @Trey_Scott: According to the police document, suspect one is described as a black male who is 20 yeras old, 6 foot 2 and 235 pounds. Suspect two is ... @Trey_Scott: Suspect two is described as a white male who is 21 years old, 6 feet tall and 180 pounds, per the police report.

Add that to the text I got saying one name is very shocking and your brain starts to run wild. I have a feeling both players are well known players (completely my opinion, not confirmed).

Maybe not. It appears Case McCoy and Jordan Hicks were the two players involved. Hicks wasn't going to play and McCoy probably wasn't either but still... What in the hell were these guys thinking?????

You can get a summary of the situation here: http://www.chron.com/news/local_news/article/Two-UT-players-accused-of-rape-in-San-Antonio-4151800.php

This is a terrible thing for anyone to have to go through. Something that will be carried with everyone involved for the rest of their lives.

With that said, from a football stand point, losing Case isn't the end of the world. It will hurt if Ash goes down with an injury in the bowl game but that's about it. I already have crossed him off my list of possible starters for next season and I think he's basically done at UT anyways. Really won't hurt if Case is kicked off the team permanently. But if Hicks does indeed get kicked off the team then his loss is greater. Though he hadn't confirmed he was coming back for a senior season, he could use the senior season to boost his draft stock after sitting out the majority of this season due to injury. And Texas could use his talents to improve the poor play by the line backers and defense. He is a great player and his loss was clearly evident on the field once he got hurt.

On the flip side the team has already been learning to play without him. So at least they have that going for them. AND had he played this season and done well then I wouldn't have been surprised to see him declare for the NFL draft once this season had ended.

As of right now all of that thinking that they will be kicked off the team is speculation and opinion. Neither have been proven guilty at all. But if they are indeed gone then that's the effect their absence may have on the football team.

Edited by Wes

And now it's being reported that one of the two is the main subject of the charge, which makes sense if you read the report of what the female said happened. You can get a summary here: Two UT players suspended for Alamo Bowl - Houston Chronicle

This is a terrible thing for anyone to have to go through. Something that will be carried with everyone involved for the rest of their lives.

With that said, from a football stand point, losing Case isn't the end of the world. It will hurt if Ash goes down with an injury in the bowl game but that's about it. I already have crossed him off my list of possible starters for next season and I think he's basically done at UT anyways. Really won't hurt if Case is kicked off the team permanently. But if Hicks does indeed get kicked off the team then his loss is greater. Though he hadn't confirmed he was coming back for a senior season, he could use the senior season to boost his draft stock after sitting out the majority of this season due to injury. And Texas could use his talents to improve the poor play by the line backers and defense. He is a great player and his loss was clearly evident on the field once he got hurt.

On the flip side the team has already been learning to play without him. So at least they have that going for them. AND had he played this season and done well then I wouldn't have been surprised to see him declare for the NFL draft once this season had ended.

As of right now all of that thinking that they will be kicked off the team is speculation and opinion. Neither have been proven guilty at all. But if they are indeed gone then that's the effect their absence may have on the football team.

Mack must be destroyed... not onlybecause his players are involved but also because Case McCoy is one of the people involved. He is close to the family as we all know. As far as Hicks is concerned, this really hurts him like you said. He NEEDS next season to get back up to speed and make an impression on NFL Scouts. The loss of McCoy, from a playing perspective, is not as significant unless Ash goes down with injury tomorrow during the game. I would still rather have Case McCoy than Alex King at qb.

Next season you have to think Ash is the clear cut starter with Overstreet and Brewer battling for 2nd string.

Agree with everything except Ash being clear cut starter. If he plays well he definitely has a big advantage but I'm still hoping for open competition. It's going to be real interesting to see if Ash shows more passion and confidence with Major leading the way rather than Harsin.

Typical entitled TU players got caught slipping up. One must ask what Case McCoy was doing watching the whole spectacle? He has tarnished the family name and made himself look like a perve.

Typical entitled TU players got caught slipping up. One must ask what Case McCoy was doing watching the whole spectacle? He has tarnished the family name and made himself look like a perve.

Yes, because only UT players/kids slip up. Get the F@#K out of here.

How often has this happened in the last 20 years? Woman baits guy/s with a ton to lose into a sketchy situation and then capitalizes. The technical term is "cleat chaser." Im not saying they didn't do anything wrong but with no charges filed, nobody in jail, and no investigation it's a little hard to jump on this witch hunt bandwagon to hang these kids out to dry. This wouldn't be the first time a woman used her assets with an agenda.

You give your school and its fans a great name. You should be very proud of that.

How often has this happened in the last 20 years? Woman baits guy/s with a ton to lose into a sketchy situation and then capitalizes. The technical term is "cleat chaser." Im not saying they didn't do anything wrong but with no charges filed, nobody in jail, and no investigation it's a little hard to jump on this witch hunt bandwagon to hang these kids out to dry. This wouldn't be the first time a woman used her assets with an agenda.

I know what you mean and everyone is scared to discuss it but when a drunk woman invites 2 UT football players back to her room at 2:00 am in the morning ------- it ain't exactly cool beans.

How ridiculous are you? The details haven't even been presented at this point. Sexual assault is an incredibly vague and encompassing charge. What makes me happy though is to know a douche like you isn't even in our conference(the conference in which you were middle of the pack at best) anymore but you still feel the need to troll Longhorn boards.